Non-Key Tweets | Page 681 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Can't wait until we play Syracuse!

image.png

Reaction Score
hristopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 13h13 hours ago
Let's clear this up. ESPN has a fiduciary responsibility to protect its investment in the Big 12.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 13h13 hours ago
ESPN is merely advising the B12 as to what additions do not dilute the Big 12 product.

Certain members of the "Memphis" media are trying to coverup their failure by claiming ESPN somehow killed UM's B12 chances.

The exact opposite is true - mostly.

Memphis was below the minimum academic threshold the Big 12 had established.

Memphis also had a few red flags surrounding the program.

And the FedEx stuff backfired.

A certain blogger is trying to cover up his own failure after assuring Memphis fans the Tigers were a lock.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 12h12 hours ago
Every conference has a member profile that potential members must be aligned with. Each is slightly different.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 12h12 hours ago
A school that is too far outside that profile in any important area has almost no chance.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 12h12 hours ago
So I've been out of the loop mostly and been in semi retirement. That changes tonight. My source said he has a bunch for me later.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 9h9 hours ago
What I've gotten so far...

BYU and Cincy are still 11 and 12

Going to 14 is looking very much like it's going to happen at this point

Network deals that were completed are now being reexamined as ESPN is now fully on board with expansion

ESPN had talks with UT about the future of their conf affiliation-tried to sway them to commit to ACC. No dice.

UT told ESPN that they still will be a part of B12 when TV networks don't exist anymore.

13 and 14 is getting muddier.

Houston has good support and a great argument.

Uconn has garnered much more support in recent days.

2 schools that have rallied and are fast becoming relevant to the conversation: Air Force and USF.

Air Force declined a spot in B12 back when WVU and TCU were added. Just a reminder.

I'll have more as I get it.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yes, but only because they're another B12 expansion candidate. If it wasn't for this CR crap, I'd be rooting for them.

It will be nice to get conference stability again so I can root for our conference mates. I used to enjoy rooting for BE teams when they played out of conference. Now I worry it means they will be positioned ahead of UConn. Houston last week was a classic example. I wanted to root for them.....

Reaction Score
I agree, as bad as it was, I wanted to see OU hammer them, although maybe the whole elevating a G5 would play bad with them since some are saying the B12 regrets TCU because of this.

It will be nice to get conference stability again so I can root for our conference mates. I used to enjoy rooting for BE teams when they played out of conference. Now I worry it means they will be positioned ahead of UConn. Houston last week was a classic example. I wanted to root for them.....

Reaction Score

It's so easy for the media.

We've already seen ISU Student Senate's ideas on BYU. I guess there are significant numbers of idealistic students even at red-state Universities.

BYU is a political grenade. No college president wants a huge crowd of LGBT student demonstrators and idealistic student supporters chanting slogans from his or her front porch. And, they sure don't want satellite trucks rolling on to campus. Trucks from the same media outlets that pushed for the inclusion of BYU.

But, I'm sure Dodd will be happy to personally explain the importance of BYU to the Big XII from each president's front porch -------because it's such an easy decision.

Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa Sep 4

Hearing possible rules violation could be brewing in H-town. Recruiting related.

5 retweets 4 likes
Between possible rules violations for Houston and BYU's issues, I like our chances.

Reaction Score
Between possible rules violations for Houston and BYU's issues, I like our chances.

And might explain the B12's comments a few weeks ago about "playing by the rules". If true, B12 would have already been aware of the allegations.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa Sep 4

Hearing possible rules violation could be brewing in H-town. Recruiting related.

I like this and want to believe it but they are pro Texas and trying to mess with Cougar fans more like it.

5 retweets 4 likes

Reaction Score
Nathan Brown ‏@npb007 37m37 minutes ago
@MH ver3 I am a fan of yours since rejoining CB after the July @Big12Expansion reboot. I have not seen this level of certitude b4. Y now?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
@npb007 @Big12Expansion things are almost in place. Final decisions are coming down. #itshappening

CHOP ‏@Ruknighttime 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Chris,what's the odds expansion gets put off for a year,and no vote in October?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
@Ruknighttime 0.... they would look like fools.

Jay ‏@uconn24_7 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I don't know if you have real sources. But no one is getting anything out of the schools let a lone you lol

CHOP ‏@Ruknighttime 4h4 hours ago
@uconn24_7 the @theDudeofWV @ChuckCarltonDMN @ralphDrussoAP all know the inside story on current http://expansion.Trust the three sources!

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
@Ruknighttime Seriously @ChuckCarltonDMN @ralphDrussoAP @McMurphyESPN are all dependable.

Burns Shaver ‏@burnsshaver 4h4 hours ago
@SwamiEER @theDudeofWV wait when did Clemson play an FCS team this year? Only one I see on the schedule is coming up this Saturday...#facts

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
@burnsshaver @SwamiEER Troy

Burns Shaver ‏@burnsshaver 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @SwamiEER ahh, that same Troy team that's been in the FBS since 2015? Not everyone outside P5 is FCS

ME: The Dud can be forgiven for not knowing that Troy is not FCS anymore. Other than that, bwahahahahahahaha...:D

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
So today Dude of WV said this "It's pretty simple. The B12 adds UH and BYU. If BYU blows it then its UH and UCONN or UC. WVU is against UC"

Then a few minutes later Dude states this: "It's going to be UH and BYU (if BYU chances the honor code in a hurry) or no expansion"

@theDudeofWV You need to slow down your roll. Relax with the Whiplashes.

Reaction Score
I love the dud's comment about being sick of talking about expansion. How do you get sick of talking about something your are completely making up? He's just going to move on to some other topic he knows nothing about.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why do so many of these people continue to tweet after getting Memphis so wrong?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom