Non-Key Tweets | Page 566 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
HnDFk3rk_400x400.jpg

Perfect.
I think we need to start a go fund me page to get this guy a decent pair of specs, and raise money for both he and Dodd to get a vocational education and get out of psuedo journalism. They both seem to be a day late and a dollar short on everything that is b12. Dodd in particular given he's a compensated reporter.

Reaction Score
Also, why wouldn't all Texas teams play in the same division? Isn't that common sense?

I don't actually know... but here's a thought:

there may (or may not) be some desire to give everybody in the conference ample opportunity to play in Texas and presumably benefit from that exposure and reap the benefit of enhanced recruiting in the state of Texas.

I only suggest that because in 2010 when the then-Pac-10 invited six Big 12 teams, there were assurances that the four Cali teams would be separated into two divisions to ensure every team in the proposed conference would get at least one trip to Cali each year.

This plan may be similar to that.

I would go one further though and put Texas and OU in separate divisions (but with a guaranteed cross-divisional game each year in their regular time slot). That way everybody in the conference would have one big name opponent in its division to hate on (and boost ticket sales every other year).

Reaction Score
I'd pray the Big 12 rejects BYU for whatever reason (rape cover up allegations, Sunday play, church school weirdness, whatever) and that the Big 12 opts for CFU instead. Then instead of west and east you could have a north and south, like this:

North: OU, oSu, KU, KSt, ISt, Cincy, UConn
South: Tech, TCU, BU, TX, UofH, WVU, UCF

I think that would be a better distribution of current and historical prowess. It would also keep tradition Big 8 schools with traditional Big 8 schools and traditional SWC with traditional SWC schools. But with interesting new friends.

And you could have permanent cross-divisional games.

Reaction Score
I'd pray the Big 12 rejects BYU for whatever reason (rape cover up allegations, Sunday play, church school weirdness, whatever) and that the Big 12 opts for CFU instead. Then instead of west and east you could have a north and south, like this:

I think that would be a better distribution of current and historical prowess. It would also keep tradition Big 8 schools with traditional Big 8 schools and traditional SWC with traditional SWC schools. But with interesting new friends.

As much as the Big 12 wants a presence in Florida, I can't see how you justify UCF. UCF had a handful of good seasons, then the NCAA hit them with sanctions for breaking the rules during said seasons, now their program is coming off an 0-12 campaign with no reason for optimism in sight.

UCF had their moment and it passed. They are a commuter school that lacks the infrastructure to support big-time college athletics for the long-term.

Say what you want about Houston being a commuter school too, but they have the history and influential alumni support to get back to where they were during the SWC days.

Reaction Score

Keeping the Conflict alive!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Dodd's UConn summary:

2. UConn: One high-ranking source believes UConn can deliver the highly-populated Northeastern corridor even the football is lacking. UConn has an alumni base in New York and Boston. Think of the Big Ten settling for Rutgers a few years ago. The State University of New Jersey wasn't a first choice but it is 35 miles from New York City.

Really? That's it? No commentary of 1st class facilities, Werth, Burton, Shankman? No comment on being the one of the two best MBB programs of the last 25 years? No comment on best academics of the expansion candidates?

Still, good to hear we are in the race and close to the top, but...
It's like he finally hears that we are a legitimate candidate from someone he trusts, but doesn't bother to do any research because he's always been dismissive in the past. Lazy f. u ck!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
All that's missing is the tape to hold on the crooked glasses

That picture strikes me as someone who may or may not have had a conversation with Chris Hansen on a certain Dateline NBC special.

Reaction Score
You don't just throw away 3 years of tradition.

Exactly and when UCF complains that their season-ending cross-divisional rivalry game against UConn makes no sense to them, we will retort, "You don't get to say who you want cross-divisional rival to be so just shut up and cash your P5 check."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Exactly and when UCF complains that their season-ending cross-divisional rivalry game against UConn makes no sense to them, we will retort, "You don't get to say who you want cross-divisional rival to be so just shut up and cash your P5 check."
They should be grateful. They are only even in the mix because UConn refused to give up the ConFLiCT.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I still think UCF is an intriguing candidate. They're an absolutely massive school with a massive alumni base, located in Florida where the Big 12 doesn't have a footing. Give them P5 status and they could explode.

In any case it's basically now or never for UCF / USF. ACC and SEC certainly aren't taking them.
I'm ready to give up the dream of growing a Florida school, USF basically wasted the last decade. My understanding is that their massive enrollments are almost entirely commuters (with some satellite campuses included in the numbers) and with a small component of actual students living on campus. With the big 2 state schools sucking up all the attention, I doubt UCF/USF alumni have much of an interest in the programs after graduation.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Unless they were a requirement to get Oklahoma, who would have an interest in Okie State? Even then, I'm not sure they are worth it.

I know the population isn't strong for OK ST, but athletically, they have elite baseball, very strong basketball historically and more recently, very good football. They are, athletically, a well above average P5 school.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm ready to give up the dream of growing a Florida school, USF basically wasted the last decade. My understanding is that their massive enrollments are almost entirely commuters (with some satellite campuses included in the numbers) and with a small component of actual students living on campus. With the big 2 state schools sucking up all the attention, I doubt UCF/USF alumni have much of an interest in the programs after graduation.

I think UCF gets more attention because they are slightly less of a commuter school and have had more football success. Academically, USF is evidently better in the research category, but I think UCF is harder to get in to.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I still think UCF is an intriguing candidate. They're an absolutely massive school with a massive alumni base, located in Florida where the Big 12 doesn't have a footing. Give them P5 status and they could explode.

In any case it's basically now or never for UCF / USF. ACC and SEC certainly aren't taking them.

UCF is a growing giant. Commuter school or not, there's more students living on campus there than there are students in Storrs.

It's difficult for northeast people to understand Florida or Texas school systems. FSU is the 5th or 6th largest school I Florida for enrollment. UF, UCF, USF, FAU and FIU are bigger. Most of them are new but they pump out alumni at 10k/yr.

Out of all them UCF and USF have the best chance of getting a lifeline. I'm confident one of them will and I'm slightly more confident in Orlando market over Tampa market.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I know the population isn't strong for OK ST, but athletically, they have elite baseball, very strong basketball historically and more recently, very good football. They are, athletically, a well above average P5 school.

All those things are great, but who will take them? They are a money loser for the Big10 and don't increase the exposure of the school. The SEC? Same for them, they don't bring anything to the table. The PAC? Maybe if they get desperate. The thing is they have already turned down OU and OSU, not sure whether would take them as a stand-alone. The ACC? I guess with a grouping with OU and UT, but that seems unlikely.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe they draw from Dallas like OU does, I don't know. I just don't see anyone outside of Oklahoma signing up a subscription service over OSU. Just like I don't see anyone outside of Oklahoma threatening to cancel their cable subscription if the network the are on isn't included in their package. OSU isn't must watch TV in football or basketball. Baseball? not going to drive the money train.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
All those things are great, but who will take them? They are a money loser for the Big10 and don't increase the exposure of the school. The SEC? Same for them, they don't bring anything to the table. The PAC? Maybe if they get desperate. The thing is they have already turned down OU and OSU, not sure whether would take them as a stand-alone. The ACC? I guess with a grouping with OU and UT, but that seems unlikely.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe they draw from Dallas like OU does, I don't know. I just don't see anyone outside of Oklahoma signing up a subscription service over OSU. Just like I don't see anyone outside of Oklahoma threatening to cancel their cable subscription if the network the are on isn't included in their package. OSU isn't must watch TV in football or basketball. Baseball? not going to drive the money train.

If OU went to the B1G, the SEC would take OK state. By the way, all the complaints you listed apply to Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan State, Purdue, Indiana, Northwestern, Rutgers, Maryland....hell everyone in the B1G except Michigan, OSU, Penn State and maybe Wisconsin. Very few schools have much of a following outside of their home state.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
If OU went to the B1G, the SEC would take OK state. By the way, all the complaints you listed apply to Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan State, Purdue, Indiana, Northwestern, Rutgers, Maryland....hell everyone in the B1G except Michigan, OSU, Penn State and maybe Wisconsin. Very few schools have much of a following outside of their home state.

Of course they do, but the Big10 isn't in danger of falling apart. How does OSU help the SEC and their bottom line? I'm not trying to be contrary, it's just no one has given me a good business reason why OSU could go anywhere alone.

Reaction Score
theres no question uconn is the best candidate, the question will be are they too far, thats really all it comes down to.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but every team in that hypothetical division has played in a BCS/NY6 bowl game since 2010 except for Iowa State. It's not as bad as it looks.

Good point. I was thinking B10 and 55k at the Rent as the benchmark. With a 9 game sched, you'd see either UT/OU here once every 2/3 years

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think we need to start a go fund me page to get this guy a decent pair of specs, and raise money for both he and Dodd to get a vocational education and get out of psuedo journalism. They both seem to be a day late and a dollar short on everything that is b12. Dodd in particular given he's a compensated reporter.

Or a gallon of Sherwin Williams. Hostage photos have had better backgrounds.

Reaction Score
Not as good a FB schedule you might have hoped, but more opportunities to make the CCG. I think a 2009 level team, would have a chance to win this division.

I think a 2017 level UConn team would have a chance to win the division. And the basketball will be awesome.

Reaction Score
Good point. I was thinking B10 and 55k at the Rent as the benchmark. With a 9 game sched, you'd see either UT/OU here once every 2/3 years

You may have to attend those home games in East Rutherford. I'd sign up for that if it seals the deal.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You may have to attend those home games in East Rutherford. I'd sign up for that if it seals the deal.
I would too. Of course, I'd also stop buying season tickets and just go to the games in The Rent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom