Non-Key Tweets | Page 622 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Flugs is really hedging now with the multiple factions, and even hedging on whether it will happen at all. I can see them having some decisions to make if they were stopping at 2, but with 4, it would seem like the decision is pretty clear cut. He isn't even saying end of next week any more. He is pointing to 8/14, and still implying that the different teams have some work to do.

He claims Pickens wants Memphis, which explains why anyone would give two deuces about that community college that has lost every Final Four they have gone to because of NCAA violations and has sucked in football in forever.
kick potential... rising...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The best news is if the Big 12 really can't get paid to sit tight, then sitting tight became a lot less likely.

It is either BYU, UConn and Cincinati fighting for 2 spots, or we are safe as 1 of 4. I can't imagine there being 8 "yes" votes for Memphis. I would be amazed if there were 3.

Me, too....

Which means they probably have about nine.

Reaction Score
Flugs is really hedging now with the multiple factions, and even hedging on whether it will happen at all. I can see them having some decisions to make if they were stopping at 2, but with 4, it would seem like the decision is pretty clear cut. He isn't even saying end of next week any more. He is pointing to 8/14, and still implying that the different teams have some work to do.

He claims Pickens wants Memphis, which explains why anyone would give two deuces about that community college that has lost every Final Four they have gone to because of NCAA violations and has sucked in football in forever.

Forget the FedEx money, if it's Pickens that wants Memphis we're screwed. Texas wants UH and BYU, they'll get them. OU wants Cincy, they'll get them. Boren probably would prefer UConn over Memphis but we haven't seen anything saying that he has us as a "must". He'll toss OK State that bone.

I don't like this at all.

Reaction Score
Forget the FedEx money, if it's Pickens that wants Memphis we're screwed. Texas wants UH and BYU, they'll get them. OU wants Cincy, they'll get them. Boren probably would prefer UConn over Memphis but we haven't seen anything saying that he has us as a "must". He'll toss OK State that bone.

Relax.

Reaction Score

LOLwut. You think one donor from one of the weakest schools in the league is going to decide who gets in? The Chicken Little nonsense on here is off the charts.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Is the Big12 so insecure about their ability to attract sponsors that they need to grovel to FedEx? Can you imagine any other co french even taking this nonsense into account? It's embarrassing, really.

Reaction Score

No reason both Memphis and UConn can't make it, especially if they are going "east" and taking four schools. BYU would be the odd one out.

pj

Reaction Score
In what world can Memphis be in if UConn is available? If Memphis is in B12, UConn is in ACC or B1G.

Reaction Score
In what world can Memphis be in if UConn is available? If Memphis is in B12, UConn is in ACC or B1G.
I wish this was true, but we are approaching the bargaining stage. We better hope this league doesn't get decimated and we're still in it. Season ticket sales are bad now?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Pickens will be dead in 5 years. You csn't make long term decisions based on his preferences.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I assumed CL meant she dyed her hair blonde and was asking if her natural brunette roots were beginning to show. Now-a-days it's all hardwood floors, and maybe there's a cute little entry way door mat that reads "WELCOME".
Nope, it was just a brain fart....:oops:

Reaction Score
Two teams or four? Big 12 mum on plans, but theories, advantages, problems abound

Gives Houston and Memphis "football success" and us, not so. Not really all that informative.
We just have to remember it will be the presidents who make this call.

I think our biggest check mark is that if the conference EVER wants a conference network we are the best available add hands down. Not the fifth best program in Texas, or the 4th best in Tennessee.

All we need is for these guys to have a little foresight.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We just have to remember it will be the presidents who make this call.

I think our biggest check mark is that if the conference EVER wants a conference network we are the best available add hands down. Not the fifth best program in Texas, or the 4th best in Tennessee.

All we need is for these guys to have a little foresight.

To paraphrase @frankthetank "You need to think like a university president *not* like an athletic director"

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Maybe this has already been discussed, but both Diaco and Benedict have been talking about how we are looking at NY games going forward...got to think that this is a big part of our pitch.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe this has already been discussed, but both Diaco and Benedict have been talking about how we are looking at NY games going forward...got to think that this is a big part of our pitch.
Really? Hmmm, I missed the quotes.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Really? Hmmm, I missed the quotes.
From the UConnBlog story here:

From Diaco: "I don't see any downside," Diaco said. "We know that UConn Nation will come."

From Benedict: "There's been work, and there's been some conversations," Benedict shared. "I think that that's something that certainly we've got to look at as an opportunity. I think the New York market certainly is important to us in a lot of different ways. We've got a lot of alums there and it's an opportunity to put ourselves on a national stage and potentially attract opponents to play us in that kind of environment that we might not be able to play otherwise...

"That's something that we definitely will be looking at as we move forward."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom