Non-Key Tweets | Page 579 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
You're referring to the BYU quote I assume? The other guy gave the timeline of mid-August.

Remember though that the ACC grabbed Louisville a week after Maryland said they were leaving.

Sorry yes, forgot to quote it. Houston makes an announcement for an announcement for August 1st. BYU fan sees that and says that sounds reasonable I'll make something up that says August 1st too. Then when Houston announces something completely irrelevant, they'll backtrack and say, oh terms couldn't be agreed to that quickly...

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Boren said it could be sooner.

"It's possible that this could extend to our October board meeting, but it's also possible that we could have a special meeting sometime between now and then".
There's too big a difference between "3 months, possibly sooner," and two weeks. I'm not buying it. They haven't heard all the proposals yet, nevermind get the approval of all the presidents and signed the paperwork. More likely this is more "look at me!" attention whoring.

Reaction Score
Gee also stated they don't want to be viewed as predators, you really think they would make the announcement they are poaching schools on the same day the AAC media days start?

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Pray for him.

Check out @theDudeofWV's Tweet:

Do we even want to know who or what "elizabeth" is? I am picturing a doll that he made using animal AND human body parts and skin. One taht he also programmed to with the brain of a cockatiel so that it replies to him but only with "yes, sir".
Maybe I am tweaked...maybe not.

Reaction Score
where the hell has flug been with this stuff?

he needs to quit talking politics and get back to being my false hope dealer

He is too busy being a Trump hater. The guy has issues and his BTM has always been a fictional character.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He is too busy being a Trump hater. The guy has issues and his BTM has always been a fictional character.
old-man-puppet-sock-funny-an-old-man-is-playing-with-a-funny-sock-puppet-shot-on-black-background-room-for-copy-space_qjcpajcs__S0000.jpg

"Don't you listen to him BTM!"

Reaction Score
with the full realization that 99.99% of random twitter people who claim to have an inside source, do not have an inside source:
  • Flug had Cincy/UConn as his 2 predicted additions wayyy before the Big 12 media was treating us like a real possibility
  • Flug was the first one I saw to put together the Cincy/UConn/BYU/UH list. Writers or otherwise.
  • Flug was the first to talk about "horse trading" votes, and said that it would lead ultimately to a 4-team addition. Now mostly everyone seems to agree on that, and a 4-team addition seems likely.
  • He was also the first to say that candidates would be presenting to the Big 12 on an accelerated timeline, over the next few weeks. We don't know if that's actually happened, but there's rumor now that BYU and Cincy have already made their pitch.
Maybe he doesn't really have a source, I don't know. But if he doesn't he's gotten pretty lucky with his predictions lately.

Reaction Score
with the full realization that 99.99% of random twitter people who claim to have an inside source, do not have an inside source:
  • Flug had Cincy/UConn as his 2 predicted additions wayyy before the Big 12 media was treating us like a real possibility
  • Flug was the first one I saw to put together the Cincy/UConn/BYU/UH list. Writers or otherwise.
  • Flug was the first to talk about "horse trading" votes, and said that it would lead ultimately to a 4-team addition. Now mostly everyone seems to agree on that, and a 4-team addition seems likely.
  • He was also the first to say that candidates would be presenting to the Big 12 on an accelerated timeline, over the next few weeks. We don't know if that's actually happened, but there's rumor now that BYU and Cincy have already made their pitch.
Maybe he doesn't really have a source, I don't know. But if he doesn't he's gotten pretty lucky with his predictions lately.
I WANT TO BELIEVE! I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!

Reaction Score

I mean to the extent that any of these non-key guys know anything at all, I agree Flug seems to be a cut above them. His predictions aren't always right, but they are usually grounded in some fact or at least reasonable conjecture.

He's not like most of these guys who make hundreds of predictions a day and pray that one of them is right so they can say, "See I told you so!"

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

His "source" is probably just a friend that works in sports media. For whatever reason, that person seems ok with Flugs repeating what he tells Flugs on the Internet, which is a little strange.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The other thing that makes fluge believable to me are the terms "in the air" and "on the ground" he threw out to describe financial impact of TV sets and ticket sales. This sounds like precisely the relevant metrics and how an outside firm would jargon up those metrics. If it's his own bs it's a master class in bs.

Reaction Score
His "source" is probably just a friend that works in sports media. For whatever reason, that person seems ok with Flugs repeating what he tells Flugs on the Internet, which is a little strange.

Based on what I've seen from sports media from Joe D to Thamel to Brando to Dodd I would guess his source is more than just someone in sports media. Sports media is made up of biased, clueless idiots.

Reaction Score
He had somethings before others including aspects on Maryland, Big 12 adding wrestling to the conference & adding schools just for wrestling, and Coastal Carolina moving up too.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Based on what I've seen from sports media from Joe D to Thamel to Brando to Dodd I would guess his source is more than just someone in sports media. Sports media is made up of biased, clueless idiots.

Except Gresh.

Reaction Score
Flug claims only one source and he doesn't really say anything that comes across as sensationalism. Plus, he doesn't wildly through out 15 different scenarios every week to cover his every base. To me, he seems grounded enough to be believable. That's more than I can say for most other key, non-key tweeters.

Reaction Score
Throw* out, not through*

(It won't let me edit my previous post so I'm making a correction here)

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
BTM: OU Contacts
"Herding votes and official voting on 4 school packages will occur before September 1st"
"This will not go beyond August"

Spencer Freeman‏@srfreeman25
@flugempire Still same 4 favorites? UC/UCONN/UH/BYU?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
@srfreeman25
Have received zero info that would contradict our July 21st statement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom