Non-Key Tweets | Page 577 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I've posted this before in the other thread, but what happens below to Hormel Chavez is kind of what's been happening to us all along.
So what the hell is another kick when the whole show is about us just getting our ballz repeatedly kicked in?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just ordered a steel reinforced cup.
I already went titanium. And don't skimp on the padding. The kick I'm expecting will cause the metal to protrude through weaker padding causing severe lacerations in the groin area.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
BTM: B12 will present questions of concerns...candidates will be told questions/instructions before meeting. Candidates will bring solutions

U-C-O-N-N ‏@Sub_Action · 26m26 minutes ago
@flugempire explains Uconn signing contract with firm to grow fan base/ grow season ticket holder base

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 25m25 minutes ago
@Sub_Action
Interesting take...
What was exact day did UCONN sign this contract with the firm?
Can you provide link?
Thanks

Jared Kotler ‏@JaredKotler · 24m24 minutes ago
@flugempire starting work, but 5 year contract has not been finalized yet
UConn Brings In Aspire Group To Help Boost Ticket Sales, Especially For Football

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 24m24 minutes ago
Does anybody know the EXACT DATE UCONN signed the contract with a firm to help them sell tickets?
Please pass it on in a link if possible.

A Dime Back ‏@ADimeBack · 24m24 minutes ago
@flugempire Contract isn't signed yet

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@ADimeBack
"We were on campus at Rutgers and Maryland when they moved into a new conference," Fagan said."

A Dime Back ‏@ADimeBack · 20m20 minutes ago
@flugempire Yea, they're working already but the contract isn't finalized. We FOI'd it this week.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 17m17 minutes ago
@ADimeBack
Aspire Group..."....ultimately will have 10 full-time employees on campus."
Heavy investment with outside group..huumm..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 14m14 minutes ago
@ADimeBack
Sure would like to know the date UCONN first picked up the phone to call Aspire Group from Atlanta.
That date MAY be important

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
What could the G5 candidates possibly tell the Big 12 that the conference doesn't already know?

All this public positioning is more for the fans than the Big 12.

Another brochure, another PowerPoint presentation, another press release - none of it is going to change the data.

The Big 12 has the data. They have independent valuations from Navigate, BHV and ESPN/Fox.

The discovery phase is over. The Big 12 has its list. Now its just about the terms.

Karlos ‏@Weeeeeh 4h4 hours agoChicago, IL
@theDudeofWV That means Houston may get (1) vote:

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
@Weeeeeh WVU is voting for UH. So is UT and TT. So at least 3 votes. Just 5 more.

Karlos ‏@Weeeeeh 2h2 hours agoChicago, IL
@theDudeofWV Why would any non-Texas B12 school want more Texas influence?

John OurandVerified account‏@Ourand_SBJ
ESPN will have a hard time convincing cable and satellite operators to take the ACC Network. My SBJ column: http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2016/07/25/Media/ESPN-ACC-Network.aspx…

Jeff or Jeffrey Fann ‏@TalkinACCSports 3h3 hours ago
Jeff or Jeffrey Fann Retweeted John Ourand

Article also says accn subscriber fees could be nearly as much as SEC which is good.

@TalkinACCSports That's bad news.

@theDudeofWV I'm suprised the rights fees will be that high. Subscriber losses were already known and common knowledge. espn is aware

@TalkinACCSports Odd. ACCN caught B12 off-guard. ESPN had told them they would not pick it up. Just odd all the way around.

Twitter has the good, the bad and the ugly. unfortunately the bad and the ugly outnumber the good 6-1.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
@Weeeeeh @ehoggrad UT wants a Houston campus. State politics. WVU wants a strong Big 12. UH may be another "anchor baby" to the Big 12.

@theDudeofWV @ehoggrad UT gets the campus for just considering Houston. That's Houston's deal w/ the devil. UT is bigger than Texas' gov.

The Confidential ‏@acconfi 2h2 hours ago
The Confidential Retweeted Christopher Lambert

Not a Uconn fan, quite the opposite. But would be good to see them at #14.

@acconfi It's hard to argue against UCONN at 14.

@Kds_2019 Me? BYU, UH and UC... 14 wide open. If its 12 its UH and BYU.

Albert Ruscitto ‏@CincyP5orbust 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Kds_2019 IMO, UH added only if it's 14. UH is worthy but can't see agreement reached to increase TX exposure. 14 dilutes it.

@CincyP5orbust @Kds_2019 Are you kidding. Texas will get one. OU will get one... and BYU. Then whoever at 14.

Coach Lansdale ‏@CoachLansdale 41m41 minutes ago
Coach Lansdale Retweeted Christopher Lambert

I'm guessing UH and BYU for two...and if 4 are picked, I'd say Cincy and Memphis? or do you think UCONN would be in?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 19m19 minutes ago
@CoachLansdale I don't personally think Fed Ex money will matter.

Coach Lansdale ‏@CoachLansdale 43m43 minutes ago

If you were going to give an honest GUESS as to 2 schools (and 4) that would be the choices, who would they be?

@CoachLansdale BYU & UH. Followed by UC & UCONN. Strongest athletic programs.

Swanni ‏@SwanniOnTV 7m7 minutes ago
Launching a regional sports network now is the equivalent of whistling by the graveyard. #espn
Sports Business Journal: ACC Network could have trouble finding distributors (report)

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4m4 minutes ago
@SwanniOnTV What is ESPN's thinking in that strategy?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5m5 minutes ago
I think ESPN is tanking ACCN to dissuade the B12 from going to 14. Not probable but possible.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3m3 minutes ago
Does ESPN have an out if ACCN struggles? Can they back out before 2019!

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2m2 minutes ago
It just seems that charging $1.30 for in-market is a bit steep for a conf with 7 private schools & mediocre football other than FSU & Clem

Angry Clemson Fan ‏@AngryClemsonFan 13m13 minutes ago
.@BeatSakerlina West Virginia should have a robust Moonshine Trail or Pool Hall Trail right? #RIPLindas

@AngryClemsonFan @BeatSakerlina

CoUjkQOXgAAFnUx.jpg

@AngryClemsonFan @BeatSakerlina I wonder what Jim Clements & Jimbo think about adding WVU?

ME: We are still his Rosebud. :D

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What could the G5 candidates possibly tell the Big 12 that the conference doesn't already know?

All this public positioning is more for the fans than the Big 12.

Another brochure, another PowerPoint presentation, another press release - none of it is going to change the data.

The Big 12 has the data. They have independent valuations from Navigate, BHV and ESPN/Fox.

The discovery phase is over. The Big 12 has its list. Now its just about the terms.

Karlos ‏@Weeeeeh 4h4 hours agoChicago, IL
@theDudeofWV That means Houston may get (1) vote:

@Weeeeeh WVU is voting for UH. So is UT and TT. So at least 3 votes. Just 5 more.

@theDudeofWV Why would any non-Texas B12 school want more Texas influence?

John OurandVerified account‏@Ourand_SBJ
ESPN will have a hard time convincing cable and satellite operators to take the ACC Network. My SBJ column: http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2016/07/25/Media/ESPN-ACC-Network.aspx…

Jeff or Jeffrey Fann Retweeted John Ourand

Article also says accn subscriber fees could be nearly as much as SEC which is good.

@TalkinACCSports That's bad news.

@theDudeofWV I'm suprised the rights fees will be that high. Subscriber losses were already known and common knowledge. espn is aware

@TalkinACCSports Odd. ACCN caught B12 off-guard. ESPN had told them they would not pick it up. Just odd all the way around.

Twitter has the good, the bad and the ugly. unfortunately the bad and the ugly outnumber the good 6-1.

@Weeeeeh @ehoggrad UT wants a Houston campus. State politics. WVU wants a strong Big 12. UH may be another "anchor baby" to the Big 12.

@theDudeofWV @ehoggrad UT gets the campus for just considering Houston. That's Houston's deal w/ the devil. UT is bigger than Texas' gov.

The Confidential ‏@acconfi 2h2 hours ago
The Confidential Retweeted Christopher Lambert

Not a Uconn fan, quite the opposite. But would be good to see them at #14.

@acconfi It's hard to argue against UCONN at 14.

@Kds_2019 Me? BYU, UH and UC... 14 wide open. If its 12 its UH and BYU.

Albert Ruscitto ‏@CincyP5orbust 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Kds_2019 IMO, UH added only if it's 14. UH is worthy but can't see agreement reached to increase TX exposure. 14 dilutes it.

@CincyP5orbust @Kds_2019 Are you kidding. Texas will get one. OU will get one... and BYU. Then whoever at 14.

Coach Lansdale ‏@CoachLansdale 41m41 minutes ago

I'm guessing UH and BYU for two...and if 4 are picked, I'd say Cincy and Memphis? or do you think UCONN would be in?

@CoachLansdale I don't personally think Fed Ex money will matter.

Coach Lansdale ‏@CoachLansdale 43m43 minutes ago

If you were going to give an honest GUESS as to 2 schools (and 4) that would be the choices, who would they be?

@CoachLansdale BYU & UH. Followed by UC & UCONN. Strongest athletic programs.

Swanni ‏@SwanniOnTV 7m7 minutes ago
Launching a regional sports network now is the equivalent of whistling by the graveyard. #espn
Sports Business Journal: ACC Network could have trouble finding distributors (report)

@SwanniOnTV What is ESPN's thinking in that strategy?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5m5 minutes ago
I think ESPN is tanking ACCN to dissuade the B12 from going to 14. Not probable but possible.

Does ESPN have an out if ACCN struggles? Can they back out before 2019!

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2m2 minutes ago
It just seems that charging $1.30 for in-market is a bit steep for a conf with 7 private schools & mediocre football other than FSU & Clem

Angry Clemson Fan ‏@AngryClemsonFan 13m13 minutes ago
.@BeatSakerlina West Virginia should have a robust Moonshine Trail or Pool Hall Trail right? #RIPLindas

@AngryClemsonFan @BeatSakerlina

CoUjkQOXgAAFnUx.jpg

@AngryClemsonFan @BeatSakerlina I wonder what Jim Clements & Jimbo think about adding WVU?

ME: We are still his Rosebud. :D

Not that it matters, but why would he assume WV is a Houston vote? Other than being a sycophant for UT?

pj

Reaction Score
Some other people have said, but I will repeat. There is NO WAY Houston is getting invited if they only add 2. What benefit does Houston bring to the northerns schools? I don't even understand why Baylor and TCU would do it, except pressure from Texas.

Houston's shot is if they go to 14. Those schools compromise but letting them in for the exchange of UConn and Cincy, or UCONN and UCF. Something along those lines. Houston adds nothing.

Houston is just preparing the league for Texas's departure. Once Texas is gone, Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech have zero grasp on the Houston market for the B12. At that point, Houston rivals UConn as the best addition available to the remaining schools - much bigger market than Cincy with better proximity.

If Texas were never going to leave the B12, then Houston would make no sense. But Texas is planning to leave.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
The worst part of this is that the real media and Internet nutjobs are pretty much on the same page with this, other than a stray Memphis prediction here and there. USF, UCF and Tulane are still mentioned, but the clear frontrunners are UConn, Houston, BYU and Cincinnati.

This is like standing behind a donkey with my legs spread and pulling on its tail. Nothing good can come of that.
What if it was a paralyzed donkey?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What if it was a paralyzed donkey?
So what exactly good do you expect to come of Nelson standing behind a paralyzed donkey, holding its tail with his legs spread?
No he's right, nothing good can come of it and there also should be a restraining order keeping him away from farms and petting zoos.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
Once more... I've heard nothing that says the Big 12 won't go to 14. But adding only 2 is possible.

ESPN/Fox aren't especially keen on the B12 adding 4. They may add $ to keep it at 12.

Key phrase is may. Also note if the B12 thinks they can land UCLA in 2024 they may stop at 12.

But why leave the extra money on the table? Adding 4 eliminates the need of a network for the current 10 members.

Adding 4 likely pays the current 10 members more than the ACC will receive for ACCN.

Adding 4 also positions the Big 12 to launch a network in the future.

And there isn't any rule that would stop the B12 from adding UCLA or another disillusioned P12 school in 2024. Why not be the 1st to 16?

John R ‏@johnnyslc2000 · 2h2 hours ago  Salt Lake City, UT
@theDudeofWV still think BYU?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@johnnyslc2000 Yes

Mitch Harper‏@Mitch_Harper
Houston with a "special announcement" on 8.1.16. Not the best time to give these teasers if it isn't Big 12.

@jr_mckee @Mitch_Harper Much too soon. Shame on UH for trolling.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
2 isn't possible because they will never get the votes for just 2.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'm telling you. Go on their Twitter. There's a picture of a full basketball arena, they mastered cloning!

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
So what exactly good do you expect to come of Nelson standing behind a paralyzed donkey, holding its tail with his legs spread?
No he's right, nothing good can come of it and there also should be a restraining order keeping him away from farms and petting zoos.
I was just thinking that a miracle could happen and the donkey got it's feeling back....and thwack.!!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'm telling you. Go on their Twitter. There's a picture of a full basketball arena, they mastered cloning!
I think it involves a refurbishment of their dumpy basketball arena.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think it involves a refurbishment of their dumpy basketball arena.
They should start by putting it on the campus map. I'm pretty sure no one even knows where it based on attendance.

Reaction Score
They should start by putting it on the campus map. I'm pretty sure no one even knows where it based on attendance.

3705 fans per game last year. It will be interesting to see the capacity of the new place. It usually takes Sampson about 3 years to get into trouble so it should be ready for a new coach.

Reaction Score
God imagine if Houston tweeting out that basketball stadium picture is just a ruse.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
This is like standing behind a donkey with my legs spread and pulling on its tail. Nothing good can come of that.

Are you facing towards the donkey or away from the donkey? If you're facing the donkey, you need a cup. If you are facing away from the donkey, you'll need a helmet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom