Non-Key Tweets | Page 262 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Dude is wrestling with what physicists call quantum superposition. Schroedinger's cat is in a superposition of alive and dead states, until someone opens the box. I guess Dude's sources don't have access to the box.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It is all so confusing..

I mean...All I'm saying is that at any point during that ride through the desert he could have given that horse a name.

I am always confused by this kind of stuff.
What's the point of naming it? There's only the one horse and you are stuck out in the dessert. It doesn't matter if you wish you had a different one. You've just got to ride it until it drops. Just saying horse is probably good enough.

On a semi-related note, my new nickname for the AAC is now horse.

GG

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
Sorry folks, I don't have any more info than I gave you yesterday.

The Big 12 is likely to expand in 2016/2017 but the schools have yet to be selected.

Expansion has been fast-tracked due to LHN & ESPN. Texas is reluctant to let ESPN out of the contract but the writing is on the wall.

So how soon the Big 12 expands depends on two factors... how they do in the CFB playoff & how quickly UT agrees to talk about LHN.

All those schools I mentioned are even except BYU has a slight lead. But nothing has been decided.

The Big 12 will likely go for the best market, best fit into Big 12 culture & best football program.

The Big 12 really likes Memphis. And they really like their commitment to football. Cincy & UCF are right there too.

I'm not answering any questions about this because I'm not sure I have all the details & I don't want my opinion to be confused with fact.

To make matters worse I had an accident on Monday. Broke 3 ribs, bruised my sternum & separated my shoulder.

So I haven't felt like calling people or even emailing much.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · Jul 15
Sadly UH isn't getting invited. Cincy isn't getting invited. UCF isn't getting invited. Neither is BYU, Memphis, ECU or Jack Daniels U.

Wasted Space ‏@_Wasted_Space_ · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Wait. This was 9 days ago...

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @_Wasted_Space_ Things change. I told you I would tell you when they did. They did.

@_Wasted_Space_ Thank ESPN...

One more thing. Big 12 is going to continue to deny expansion as they work with media partners to identify best fits.

There is also the possibility they change their mind again if Texas plans to hold ESPN to the fire.

So as with everything expansion oriented its not true until the presser and even then its iffy...

A couple of weeks ago he said that if the Bug 12 expanded, UCONN would be the number one candidate.

Reaction Score
A couple of weeks ago he said that if the Bug 12 expanded, UCONN would be the number one candidate.
I thought a couple of weeks ago he swore there was no way the B12 was going to expand. :rolleyes:

pj

Reaction Score
Didn't he say UConn scored highest on the B12 metrics ... not that we would be a candidate. We may be spoken for.

GG

Reaction Score
I thought a couple of weeks ago he swore there was no way the B12 was going to expand. :rolleyes:
It is confusing. He said that UCONN would be the #1 candidate if the Big 12 expanded tomorrow. But he went on to say that the Big 12 is not expanding.

GG

Reaction Score
Didn't he say UConn scored highest on the B12 metrics ... not that we would be a candidate. We may be spoken for.
He said that we scored the highest in the metrics at some point last year. A couple of weeks ago, he said that, although the B12 was not expanding, UCONN would be the top candidate if they did.

Reaction Score
The decision to pick Louisville over UConn was very nearsighted. Although, it may have been a better pick on the field it may very well be the death of it off the field. Without a network, and they aren't getting one, the B1g and SEC will do laps around them.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 20m20 minutes ago
You all should read this...
http://m.omaha.com/huskers/barfknec...fc0-3337-11e5-8cc1-4373847a1bfe.html?mode=jqm

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 25m25 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub Oklahoma & Kansas...just what Barfknect said a couple of years ago...exactly what "Big Ten Man" said in April. It's real.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @Genetics56 @NebGradDubDub However...even with B12 expansion..there will not be a B12N...don't bet $$ against OU/KU joining B1G in future

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 22m22 minutes ago
@Genetics56 @NebGradDubDub I'm a big believer in the B12 GOR..so I have no idea how it could happen before 2025.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 7m7 minutes ago
You know it surprised me in April (I tweeted) when "Big Ten Man" told me B1G perceived OU/KU as the next future B1G targets over ACC schools

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6m6 minutes ago
This info from "Big Ten Man" went against my long held beliefs that B1G next 2 targets would still be Eastern.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4m4 minutes ago
I have a question:
What changed?
Did Boren reach out this Spring?...did KU?
But why? B12 GOR is real. Just laying down long term groundwork?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3m3 minutes ago
Barfknecht is the real deal.
Some might think he is just talking out of spite.
But it's not how he works,he has mucho respect w B12-writers

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 9m9 minutes ago
http://m.omaha.com/huskers/barfknec...fc0-3337-11e5-8cc1-4373847a1bfe.html?mode=jqm

Again...this is a must read.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 14m14 minutes ago
So Big Ten tried to get in 2010/11- Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa St & Kansas all in on swoop.

Kurtis Williamson ‏@kcwilli40 · 20m20 minutes ago
@flugempire do you think ISU has a chance with complete collapse like almost happened 5 yrs ago? Since they worked the frame work before?

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @kcwilli40 I would have said no..but after tonight I can't say no.
With Delany and with FOX backing...all things are possible.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 18m18 minutes ago
It just another example that B1G looks at AAU First...but not only. B1G was ready to take Okkahoma 4-5 years ago..they will be willing again

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 17m17 minutes ago
Oklahoma vs. Wisconsin; Nebraska vs. Texas A&M; Iowa vs. Iowa State; Minnesota vs. Kansas.

So those 8 would have been the West Division.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub · 17m17 minutes ago
@flugempire yup. Gives insight into who the B10 values. Surprised to see Iowa State there

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @NebGradDubDub With the inclusion of Texas school..ISU probably works on the ledger.

The question is...is this still possible? OU/KU/ISU+??

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6m6 minutes ago
@NebGradDubDub Those 3 would have to come with a 4th that offers huge Demographics. A Texas school...or Virgina School.

Kurtis Williamson ‏@kcwilli40 · 18m18 minutes ago
@flugempire when I was told about the ISU to B10 in a total collapse.. I was like no way but he was tuned in. I wonder if Delany wants 20?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 10m10 minutes ago
@kcwilli40 If it works economically...with right combo's with big research schools...hell yes Delany will swing for 20.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 37m37 minutes ago
I have a question:
What changed?
Did Boren reach out this Spring?...did KU?
But why? B12 GOR is real. Just laying down long term groundwork?

Expansion Crash ‏@Expansion_Crush · 11m11 minutes ago
@flugempire or maybe the B1G showed Oklahoma & Kansas the projections for 2024 and said "think about it "?

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @Expansion_Crush I think you are right...as of now this has to be the leading scenario...correct?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2m2 minutes ago
Again..big important point tonight.

Delany/B1G Presidents look at AAU FIRST..but not ONLY.

Delany was trying to get OU in 2010/11 w others

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The CT DMA, ffld+nh+hart is larger than either Kansas or Oklahoma. We have to be considered for any conference with a network. At least the AAC or whatever the our next conference is will include the remaining b12 schools.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 8h8 hours ago
@Expansion_Crush I don't think 16 is the magic number..
It's the sweet spot within today's rules..but deregulation makes 20 a possibility

Expansion Crash ‏@Expansion_Crush · 8h8 hours ago
@flugempire but 20 makes rivalries irrelevant and thu conference irrelevant. That's why well never get to 20.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @Expansion_Crush Not in the world of reform...in the world of reform you still have your rivalries (regional) with 20 by using 4x5 pods.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 33m33 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush This is why I state 20 doesn't happen in this climate..but if we move toward reform-deregulation than 20 works if right sch

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 32m32 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush And we know Delany has talked about it...Delany talked about 20 in public when deregulation was brought up a few months ago

Hawkeye ‏@hawkeyeND · 20m20 minutes ago
@flugempire zero chance they tried to add Iowa state

@hawkeyeND If it would have help gotten B1G into Texas with Texas A&M..yeah it's very possible ISU would have been in play.

@hawkeyeND I don't see any scenario where it's possible in the future because I don't see B1G getting into Texas..IMO

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He said Iowa State. No need to pay him any more attention.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 32m32 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush And we know Delany has talked about it...Delany talked about 20 in public when deregulation was brought up a few months ago

Yes, Delany talked about it but it sounded less like an endorsement and more like him questioning the wisdom of the idea.

That has created some confusion about what, exactly, the endgame is to all this.

"I'd like to know what it is people want to do," Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany said. "I don't think deregulating it just for the sake of deregulation is good. We could end up with 20-team conferences and four five-team pods. What are we trying to do? If somebody wanted to identify what it is they wanted to do, and if it were reasonable, I would say, why not?

"I'm open to creativity and deregulation, but I'm not open to just a blank check to reorganize the regular season however you choose."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12791856/the-good-bad-divisions-college-football

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Well Gee while at Ohio state did say the end game could be an 18 or 20 team B1G.

Reaction Score
Well Gee while at Ohio state did say the end game could be an 18 or 20 team B1G.

He did although he mentioned it more as a personal opinion rather the perspective of the B1G.

“My view, very candidly -- and I’ve said this to you before and I’m not certain if [athletic director] Gene [Smith] shares this, we haven’t really talked about this -- but I think we’re moving precipitously toward about three or four superconferences of about 16 to 20 teams. And the possibility of them bolting from the NCAA is not unlikely.”

http://www.si.com/college-football/.../ohio-state-gordon-gee-controversial-comments

Reaction Score
I don't think B1G's presidents wanted anything to do with being a catalyst to breaking up the Big 12.

I was going to Mizzou or Nebraska. Unfortunately for Mizzou, B1G's experiment in trying to be open about the process of adding 1 didn't work out well for them. I think there were some hurt feelings there.

pj

Reaction Score
If the B1G is really considering ISU along with KU and OU, it must be that UConn is the fourth. Texas is unlikely to leave ESPN and ISU, although it duplicates a market, at least is better geographically and AAU-wise than any other B12 school or non-P5 options like Colorado State. ESPN will not give up any ACC or SEC schools or Texas to the B1G and its Fox-affiliated network; and the B1G will want ESPN as part of its new TV deal so won't cross them. That leaves UConn as the only possible 4th.

To evade the B12 GoR it will be necessary to find homes for 8 B12 schools in the 4 major leagues. For the B1G to get two prizes like OU and KU they'll surely have to take one of the less desirable schools, so Iowa State may be part of the price of OU/KU.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Since this is the non-key thread... IIRC Flugar thinks Colorado State may be stepping up their game, athletics and academics (too lazy to look up anything about that on twitter or articles) but maybe they're a dark horse for B1G in addition to being a... uh, light horse? for the BXII. The one thing they have over Iowa State would be a new, bigger market.

Reaction Score
He said Iowa State. No need to pay him any more attention.

Unless somehow to get Oklahoma, Kansas & Texas, Iowa St had to be part of the package because of internal politics within the B1G (Nebraska and/or Iowa or maybe AAU pressure) or Texas & co. are protecting Iowa St. I don't see either; but, stranger things have happened, usually to uphold CR rule #1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom