Non-Key Tweets | Page 252 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
And don't forget this.

Here is a ranking of all B1G Public Universities (plus UConn) per 2015 US News & World Report
#4 Michigan
#11 Illinois
#13 Wisconsin
#14 Penn State
#18 Ohio State
#19 UCONN
#20 Purdue
#21 Maryland
#26 Rutgers
#27 Iowa
#28 Minnesota
#30 Indiana
#35 Michigan St.
#45 Nebraska
Northwestern is Private

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The key to the Big 10 is AAU. Oklahoma is not AAU either and is also not contiguous. So, the Big 10 has a decision to make and if they decide to bend the rules for Oklahoma, then those same rules should apply to UCONN and we would be a great partner.

My fear is that Kansas and UT are AAU and then contiguous comes off the board as an issue.

Reaction Score
The key to the Big 10 is AAU. Oklahoma is not AAU either and is also not contiguous. So, the Big 10 has a decision to make and if they decide to bend the rules for Oklahoma, then those same rules should apply to UCONN and we would be a great partner.

My fear is that Kansas and UT are AAU and then contiguous comes off the board as an issue.

Thus one key question - is the B1G's endgame 16 schools or 20 schools? If it is 16 schools and the B1G can shake the XII apart, UConn will likely be on the outside as Kansas (AAU and basketball) and Oklahoma (football) may offer more value than UConn (basketball and hockey) does to the B1G. If it's 20, I believe that the B1G will add Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas leaving 3 more slots and I feel confident that UConn adds enough value fill one of those picks.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Butch said:
Son, your user name is disturbing.

I don't like him just on principle. Talk about starting with two strikes against you.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Thus one key question - is the B1G's endgame 16 schools or 20 schools? If it is 16 schools and the B1G can shake the XII apart, UConn will likely be on the outside as Kansas (AAU and basketball) and Oklahoma (football) may offer more value than UConn (basketball and hockey) does to the B1G. If it's 20, I believe that the B1G will add Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas leaving 3 more slots and I feel confident that UConn adds enough value fill one of those picks.
But the Big has held to everyone being AAU and contiguous. Oklahoma is neither and won't be getting AAU any faster than us. So now what?

Reaction Score
And don't forget this.

Here is a ranking of all B1G Public Universities (plus UConn) per 2015 US News & World Report
#4 Michigan
#11 Illinois
#13 Wisconsin
#14 Penn State
#18 Ohio State
#19 UCONN
#20 Purdue
#21 Maryland
#26 Rutgers
#27 Iowa
#28 Minnesota
#30 Indiana
#35 Michigan St.
#45 Nebraska
Northwestern is Private
This is very impressive. The fact that UCONN ranks higher than more than half of the B1G schools should trump the AAU thing. A B1G invite would without question speed along the AAU invitation anyway.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
NON KEY TWEETER POWER RANKINGS

1) The Fish of WV : #1 source of breaking hayseed news.
2) Flugaur : way too reasonable and well spoken to be HFD, filled in void when MH3 went on sabbatical. +1 for mocking the Dude.
3) MH3 : just the non key tweets, none of the ego or drama. +1 for mocking the Dude.
4) Literally everyone else on Twitter : I would rather hear CR thoughts from Paris Hilton than the Dude.
5) Dude of WV : when you live in the basement of your family coal mine, pretending to be a CR insider makes you feel better about your situation. He's got sources like Chris Broussard, and oddly they all agree that WVU is the most powerful school in the universe and UConn is trash.

pj

Reaction Score
This is very impressive. The fact that UCONN ranks higher than more than half of the B1G schools should trump the AAU thing. A B1G invite would without question speed along the AAU invitation anyway.

Nothing trumps AAU because this is about money. Research brings in money. US News & World Report rankings don't.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nothing trumps AAU because this is about money. Research brings in money. US News & World Report rankings don't.
True but the availability of Fed grants is waning. UConn's state funded research may be the model of the future.

Reaction Score

Research money ultimately trumps AAU. Federal grants and NIH funding has been dropping since 2005. It may finally level off or increase modestly, but there are many more schools aggressively vying for a slice of the pie. Private funding has stepped in somewhat, but much of the investment has found its way to elite private institutions. Additionally private investment could diminish if company profits come under pressure in the coming years. Uniquely, UConn has a billion dollar plus commitment from the state that few universities can point to. The commitment has already secured substantial private and public investment and partnerships—and with only a fraction of the state funds implemented. UConn has positioned itself to be relevant in the research space in coming decade, and every indication thus far is that they will be able to execute. If not offered an invite to the AAU, UConn would be wise to choose their academic research partners carefully and selectively. . .

Reaction Score
But the Big has held to everyone being AAU and contiguous. Oklahoma is neither and won't be getting AAU any faster than us. So now what?

Kansas would make Oklahoma contiguous (and Oklahoma would make Texas and contiguous) an I believe that the value of Oklahoma's football brand and gaining a beachhead in Texas recruiting wise outweighs the negative - no AAU status. Oklahoma also add value in baseball, basketball and wrestling, which are minor points; but, points the B1G seems to take into account versus the 100% football focused SEC and XII. Basically Nebraska v2.

If offered, I do not think the B1G adds OK State as OU is a better brand, is somewhat better academically US News National ranking OU #106, OK St #145), and does not offer anything that OU cannot add while it makes no sense to double-down on a state the size of Oklahoma (3.7 million, OC TV market #45, Tulsa #61) when other potential additions (Kansas, Missouri, Texas, UConn, UVA, etc.) all would add value elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
Some people think that two Big 12 schools have given the Big 12 an ultimatum. Some people are right.

Read Dr. Gee's comments closely. Very closely.

Say @Expansion_Crush any idea who that 2nd Big 12 school is that the SEC has mutual interest in?

Expansion Crash‏@Expansion_Crush 53m53 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV I do, but, should I say

Kenneth Buchana‏@WVUno1 47m47 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @theDudeofWV so is the 2nd school WVU??

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
Ever know something you promised not to tell and wanted to tell so badly?

Sherman‏@Skurtz91 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV you can tell me I'm good at secrets haha

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
@Skurtz91 I shouldn't have said anything. It's just other people are picking up on it and I've known for weeks.

Sherman‏@Skurtz91 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV ok well is it something that can happen in the near future and not 2024?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
So once again @theDudeofWV you were completley wrong sbout the state of B12 stability and now are trying to catch up to reality.

ME: "Did I tell you about the time six ACC schools were rumored to join the Big 12?" :D

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Two teams are going to the SEC. Oklahoma and...WVU??? I can't possibly roll my eyes and shake my head in more disbelief than I am.

At least he's starting to come around to realize the B12 is built on stilts, in quicksand, on a major earthquake fault line.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Flugs taking the Dood to task on Twitter. These two should get a reality show.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5h5 hours ago
http://m.timeswv.com/sports/hertzel-column-college-football-could-change-in-blink-of-an/article_cd1f6c1e-286a-11e5-8aef-57b0c72211a5.html?mode=jqm… Bob Hertzel is the smartest West Virginia Man covering College Sports

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
Greg Flugaur retweeted

https://mobile.twitter.com/theDudeofWV/status/620279712326225921… So now the Dude is saying WVU & OU have given B12 an ultimatum...and he has been sitting on this info for long time

So why Chris did you rail against me when months ago I told you Big Ten sources were spilling that OU is unhappy in the B12?...

...then why Chris did you keep harping the tune that the B12 was tighter than ever coming out of the Dallas meeting?

So once again @theDudeofWV you were completley wrong sbout the state of B12 stability and now are trying to catch up to reality.

And if course you do so by giving @Expansion_Crush some bogus email of yours last week sighting that SEC is also interested in WVU..

Do you know @theDudeofWV that your position now (ever changing) on OU leaving the B12 if no expansion + no B12N is exactly the same as mine?

Except this scenario is what I was told months ago and I tweeted it out...while you blew a stack because you couldn't handle being wrong.

And now you are down to your last bullet of BS.. So you play the "SEC wants WVU card and I've been hiding this info from everybody" crap.

So for months you ripped my info on OU wanting outB12 if no reforms & now you've taken my position without a whisper of ooooooopes.

We all know why you won't do a podcast with me...we all get it now. Fraud

@JonBCoker @theDudeofWV Yes we have...for months. Dude of Whiplash last one on the train and he wants you to know @he knew it all the time"

GG

Reaction Score
Flugs taking the Dood to task on Twitter. These two should get a reality show.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5h5 hours ago
http://m.timeswv.com/sports/hertzel-column-college-football-could-change-in-blink-of-an/article_cd1f6c1e-286a-11e5-8aef-57b0c72211a5.html?mode=jqm… Bob Hertzel is the smartest West Virginia Man covering College Sports

Greg Flugaur retweeted

https://mobile.twitter.com/theDudeofWV/status/620279712326225921… So now the Dude is saying WVU & OU have given B12 an ultimatum...and he has been sitting on this info for long time

So why Chris did you rail against me when months ago I told you Big Ten sources were spilling that OU is unhappy in the B12?...

...then why Chris did you keep harping the tune that the B12 was tighter than ever coming out of the Dallas meeting?

And if course you do so by giving @Expansion_Crush some bogus email of yours last week sighting that SEC is also interested in WVU..

Do you know @theDudeofWV that your position now (ever changing) on OU leaving the B12 if no expansion + no B12N is exactly the same as mine?

Except this scenario is what I was told months ago and I tweeted it out...while you blew a stack because you couldn't handle being wrong.

And now you are down to your last bullet of BS.. So you play the "SEC wants WVU card and I've been hiding this info from everybody" crap.

So for months you ripped my info on OU wanting outB12 if no reforms & now you've taken my position without a whisper of ooooooopes.

We all know why you won't do a podcast with me...we all get it now. Fraud

@JonBCoker @theDudeofWV Yes we have...for months. Dude of Whiplash last one on the train and he wants you to know @he knew it all the time"

Go Flug. . The dude has been saying all along that everything was great in the big 12. I am so confused right now. Now he is completely playing another tune. Let's assume he actually had this information (about 2 big 12 schools showing an interest in the SEC) but kept it a secret. That still does not explain why he has been tweeting that everything is hunky-dory in the big 12. I think the dude is delusional.

Reaction Score
Go Flug. . The dude has been saying all along that everything was great in the big 12. I am so confused right now. Now he is completely playing another tune. Let's assume he actually had this information (about 2 big 12 schools showing an interest in the SEC) but kept it a secret. That still does not explain why he has been tweeting that everything is hunky-dory in the big 12. I think the dude is delusional.
It must have been for misinformation. He's such an insider that he needs to feint left even though he really knows the B12 is going right. That must be it!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

This is a very public, epic beatdown. Fun to watch.

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 49m49 minutes ago
Espn's gonna kill another power conference just like they did with the Big East.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 49m49 minutes ago
It's how they'll afford the content they want and be able to satisfy both Disney and the schools.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 48m48 minutes ago
I have a source that spoke with a senior ESPN executive. He tells me that this guy is very confident that there will be only 4 (cont)

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 47m47 minutes ago
(Cont) power conference in the next 4 years and no one is going to pay a premium for what's left of the "great plains conference"

Take that as you will

Steve Jarvis ‏@Jarfly_68 · 32m32 minutes ago
@MH3 where does WVU end up? That's all I care about.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 29m29 minutes ago
@Jarfly_68 we gotta hope that we are invited to SEC with OU or absorbed into a larger ACC with some of our B12 brethren

MH3 ‏@MH3 · Jul 11
WVU and VT have both had conversations with certain SEC schools about being number 16 if OU jumps

Reaction Score
The dood tried to discredit MH3, but MH3 was saying what people are saying now like a year and a half ago.

pj

Reaction Score
It all makes sense. Texas to Independent with a Notre Dame like deal with the ACC. Kansas and UConn to B1G. Oklahoma and 1 other to SEC -- possibly Va Tech or NC State with ESPN's blessing, ACC backfilling with WVU; possibly WVU. Rest of the B12 begs for Pac or ACC; whoever doesn't get that life raft rebuilds the B12 as a "best of the rest" conference taking best of the AAC and MWC along with BYU to complement the B12 leftovers.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing the Big Ten would make 2 basketball adds for 15&16. If Kansas or UConn is in I think the other school be will a football school.

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 56m56 minutes ago
We officially have a civil war brewing in the B12

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 50m50 minutes ago
Have received confirmation that KU KSU ISU OKST and TCU have vocally pledged their agreement with OU about expansion

Brent Mathis ‏@SoCalHawk · 43m43 minutes ago
@MH3 tcu and ksu ad retweeted an anti-expansion article just a week ago

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 41m41 minutes ago
@SoCalHawk they were towing the Texas line. Not so anymore

Also it seems the Presidents(not the ADs) are having a conference call this week to discuss these issues with Bowlsby in detail

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom