Non-Key Tweets | Page 956 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
IF (Gigantic IF) what MHVER says is true (highly unlikely), doesn't that once again confirm that our resident internal parasite ESPN is in fact pulling the strings on expansion and again doing nothing for us?
I am not sure why anyone with a brain is still questioning whether these media companies are pulling the strings. Both ESPN and Fox have pretty much constructed these conferences based on what they would like.

Fox got UConn on the cheap with the Big East contract, which is one of the reasons why we didn't get into the B12.

UConn has to push the Big East to get into the streaming contract vs. putting all of their eggs with Fox. UConn might have to go to the streaming route on its own to prove its media worthiness.

Reaction Score
Still not a done deal with Cal, Stanford and SMU yet. Could they sneak UConn and Tulane in there?

Reaction Score
Still not a done deal with Cal, Stanford and SMU yet. Could they sneak UConn and Tulane in there?

SMU is essentially paying for Cal and Stanford to have half shares. The expansion of the ACC Network to Dallas and SF is pocketed by current ACC members. This is a band aid. Extra money for 7 years. Then all three schools will be full members and it will cost the other ACC schools money, just a few years before the GOR ends. The ACC likely implodes at the end of the seven years when the buyout of the GOR is more realistic.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I am not sure why anyone with a brain is still questioning whether these media companies are pulling the strings. Both ESPN and Fox have pretty much constructed these conferences based on what they would like.

Fox got UConn on the cheap with the Big East contract, which is one of the reasons why we didn't get into the B12.

UConn has to push the Big East to get into the streaming contract vs. putting all of their eggs with Fox. UConn might have to go to the streaming route on its own to prove its media worthiness.
I mostly agree with that, but for the PAC schools they're paying them more in other conferences than they were in the PAC. If the idea is better matchups and they'll recoup it, then why doesn't the same logic apply to UConn? Why are we the only ones they want on the cheap?
I do mostly believe the media is pulling the strings, but that part confounds me.

Reaction Score
UConn and the service academies for football only. No problem
As now, Army appears unlikely to return to any conference. West Point prefers flexibility scheduling opponents and relative difficulty.

As now, Navy would likely remain in a western-ish division. Annapolis likes its’ current Texas recruiting access and would potentially like similar in California with annual San Diego State games.

As unlikely as a football-only newly configured PAC X/AAC/MWC may be in exchange for a few hoop games, potential dinero, AD/BOT pursuit/reaction, etc may be interesting. Wouldn’t bet any of your houses …

Reaction Score
I mostly agree with that, but for the PAC schools they're paying them more in other conferences than they were in the PAC. If the idea is better matchups and they'll recoup it, then why doesn't the same logic apply to UConn? Why are we the only ones they want on the cheap?
I do mostly believe the media is pulling the strings, but that part confounds me.

As others have posted...it is football.

Reaction Score
The amount of expansion-generated revenue that goes toward the incentive initiative as opposed to being distributed equally among members is a key issue that could determine whether Phillips can get the required 12 of the 15 schools to approve adding new members, a person briefed on the ACC’s talks told AP.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom