Non-Key Tweets | Page 846 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

EP 243: UConn's Football program discussing Big 12 possibilities to its recruits?​

[/QUOTE
Greg's reading skills have really improved!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
That big 10 education from 25 years ago is now starting to pay off.

At least people are talking about UConn (football) and conference realignment again.

Reaction Score
If I can't continue to disparage UCF at will, I'm not sure I can favor the move.

UCF invented space travel and has a Hotel Night Management Major.

It’s a quality institution.

Reaction Score
I’m not into putting down other universities except maybe a couple but UCF is not one of them. It is a huge university and ever growing. Liked O’Leary. He was successful until the 0 for season. Frost is a dick and ran up the score against UConn. Got humbled at Nebraska. Heupal to his foot off the gas against UConn.

Reaction Score
Mora told a recruit last summer that he hoped they would be playing in the ACC.....now Big 12.

I guess those are the likely spots to become available...the Big 12 more likely in the short run.

Reaction Score
Discussion of Berry Tramel's article. Tramel is against Memphis and UConn being added to the Big 12.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A few points. 1. Tramel is an OU guy, famously opposed expansion with any non football powers or schools outside the region. 2. His P5 add math is correct, except that there are reliable reports that ESPN/FOX would treat UConn as a P5. So UConn wouldn't dilute the payout if added. Tramel doesn't want to bother to get that right because he hates the idea of a New England school in the conference.

Reaction Score
A few points. 1. Tramel is an OU guy, famously opposed expansion with any non football powers or schools outside the region. 2. His P5 add math is correct, except that there are reliable reports that ESPN/FOX would treat UConn as a P5. So UConn wouldn't dilute the payout if added. Tramel doesn't want to bother to get that right because he hates the idea of a New England school in the conference.

I would agree with this but Dodd who seems the most reliable clearly stated in his Article mentioning that UConn has more traction than Gonzaga that the Big 12 would need to find where to get the money for each whether it comes from the Texas OU buy out or each team gives up a piece of their pie hoping UConn amounts downt he road. This may explain why Big12 is eyeing Colorado and the other 4 corners to perhaps decrease the cut of pie from existing members off set by pro rata on HOPFUL incoming PAC12 members.

Reaction Score
So we're "considered" less valuable by the networks despite the fact that it's the opposite. Great catch 22 huh?

Reaction Score
If there is any truth to Gonzaga even being remotely considered then we need to concede the possibility (and maybe probability) that all this UConn smoke is to add us to the Big XII for basketball only. If we were so valuable and considered "P5" by the networks, we would have had an offer already - and probably a long time ago and certainly ahead of the most recent G5 call ups and/or future call ups like SDST and SMU.

The reality is as much as Mora breathed some life into our football program, we are still a very long way from adding much to the equation. We all know our basketball is blue blood level but there is only so much basketball adds so I could see some kind of special basketball only deal along with Gonzaga where in our case it maybe includes a football scheduling tie in agreement.

I know this place would go crazy if this was the case but I can't help thinking that is what is actually happening behind the scenes...

Reaction Score
If there is any truth to Gonzaga even being remotely considered then we need to concede the possibility (and maybe probability) that all this UConn smoke is to add us to the Big XII for basketball only. If we were so valuable and considered "P5" by the networks, we would have had an offer already - and probably a long time ago and certainly ahead of the most recent G5 call ups and/or future call ups like SDST and SMU.

The reality is as much as Mora breathed some life into our football program, we are still a very long way from adding much to the equation. We all know our basketball is blue blood level but there is only so much basketball adds so I could see some kind of special basketball only deal along with Gonzaga where in our case it maybe includes a football scheduling tie in agreement.

I know this place would go crazy if this was the case but I can't help thinking that is what is actually happening behind the scenes...

While it may be smoke you are wrong on even the possibility of basketball only ... for this round at least. Yormark made it crystal clear multiple times that UConn would be all sports, all sports including football. He went further to make it point that bball only isn't even an option for UConn. They tripled down with Dodd tweeting exclusively that UConn would be for all sports. Yormark wants the NYC market and UConn is hands down the best available option. I challenge anyone to name one other available NYC option that would be better. The truth is none of us have any idea what is going on and we are tweaking out a little over the silence and the what seems like an eternity in the making PAC12 deal. The deal either is or isn't going to happen and there are deadlines so things are going to start moving soon.

Reaction Score
Hoping only Colorado jumps. If 2 jump it might set off a stampede out the PAC. Colorado can be replaced with SDSU. Everyone wins.
That's the most ideal outcome. We don't want the PAC-12 to fall right now because B1G will wait before taking Oregon, Washington, Cal, and Stanford.

We will definitely get in if just Colorado leaves the PAC-12.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom