Non-Key Tweets | Page 842 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Streaming is the way of the future but currently the streaming model is broken.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Streaming is the way of the future but currently the streaming model is broken.

It's only broken for some. For others it's a cash cow. How a person feels about the model probably highly correlates to where they stand on the financial side of it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It's only broken for some. For others it's a cash cow. How a person feels about the model probably highly correlates to where they stand on the financial side of it.
The problem Hollywood has is the shear amount of competition for entertain. Too many crap ideas are funded and the audience is as fickle and niche as ever. Finding your audience is hard. Making economical winning tv is hard too and really the name of the game ahead. It’s got to pencil.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Do we need to separate the "non key tweets" thread into "key non-key tweets" and "non-key non-key treats?" Would that reduce confusion?
It’s a beautiful mess and I vote to make no changes. Yes the travelers in these two lanes bounce guardrail to guardrail and sometimes we are in the wrong lanes- but it’s never too too long.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The problem Hollywood has is the shear amount of competition for entertain. Too many crap ideas are funded and the audience is as fickle and niche as ever. Finding your audience is hard. Making economical winning tv is hard too and really the name of the game ahead. It’s got to pencil.

True. Which is why in part, live sports is almost bullet proof to all these other trends and other attention grabbers. Fans of a streaming show know they can consume it on their timeframe. Sports fans will prioritize major sporting events and schedule their day or weekend around it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Tweets are like pregnancy. You're either pregnant or you're not. Same for tweets. Key or non-key only.
Chin, I think the possibility exists for there to be a stray non-key key tweet and there can easily be a few key non-key tweets.

The question is if we view tweets as being key or non-key due to the author, we are disregarding whether the content is also key or non-key. Some may call what we have organized chaos but that is merely a term to pretend you have control over something that you have in fact lost control of.

Reaction Score
Chin, I think the possibility exists for there to be a stray non-key key tweet and there can easily be a few key non-key tweets.

The question is if we view tweets as being key or non-key due to the author, we are disregarding whether the content is also key or non-key. Some may call what we have organized chaos but that is merely a term to pretend you have control over something that you have in fact lost control of.
I’m giving that a like because, until the caffeine gets to my brain, I can’t even follow that. Meaning it’s probably brilliant!

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Of course. But the portal has just made it easier for kids to choose not to wait to see if they will crack the lineup at a school like Michigan, when they can go to Northwestern and see the field.

I'm suggesting that while the top remains the top, it's not a coincidence that Cinci and TCU made the playoffs in recent years. That helps UConn compete.
Absolutely. Woody Hayes if OSU and Bo Schembechler of UofM would take kids just do the other Big10 schools wouldn’t have them. It’s why the 10 year war between Bo and Woody took place.

While they’re some big negatives like the top schools courting the top players (GT’s Jahmyr Gibbs going to Alabama for his last year), most kids can go where they want and it forces coaches to treat them better while giving the players some control over their situation.

Reaction Score
USF is on the rise. New $340 mill stadium approved. And this is a program which is playing in an NFL stadium probably 7 miles from campus as the crow flies and is now AAU. Imagine UCF and USF both making more bank than FSU and Miami.

Reaction Score
USF is on the rise. New $340 mill stadium approved. And this is a program which is playing in an NFL stadium probably 7 miles from campus as the crow flies and is now AAU. Imagine UCF and USF both making more bank than FSU and Miami.

Both FSU and Miami make over $100 million in revenue. Doubt they ever get on that level.

Reaction Score
USF doesn’t have the base UCF has, but just like at most east coast schools, you have no chance to fill the stands if you lose all the time. UCF was a dumpster fire not too long ago and they turned around overnight when Frost came to town. Their fan base is very fragile. It would be gone in a second and if they stunk.

UConn has a real fan base based on 35 years of championship basketball and a good run in the a Big East in football. The depth of the fan base and age range of it is underrated. That happens when you win championships in 4 straight decades.

Reaction Score
SW AIM SH OW@GSwaim · 2h
From a television analyst @ESPN and @FoxSports are not in the least interested in the entire #Pac12, but they are both EXTREMELY interested in their top teams eventually going to the P5, err... P4!!

Reaction Score

Let's not overlook the fact that a big part of USF's need for this stadium is the fact that these cavernous NFL stadiums provide a terrible college football atmosphere when they are more than half empty for teams like USF. The Rent had a great game day atmosphere when we were in the old Big East football conference and that electric atmosphere will return if we are invited to the B12.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let's not overlook the fact that a big part of USF's need for this stadium is the fact that these cavernous NFL stadiums provide a terrible college football atmosphere when they are more than half empty for teams like USF. The Rent had a great game day atmosphere when we were in the old Big East football conference and that electric atmosphere will return if we are invited to the B12.
This is true. That said, if UConn were playing in an NFL stadium just down the road from Storrs, do you think UConn would be considering building an on campus stadium? No way. Pitt plays at Heinz Field and doesn't fill it, as far as I know. Gotta give USF credit for making this type of commitment.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom