Non-Key Tweets | Page 837 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
AZ probably has a ticket promised already so no hurry for them.

They PAC may have a GOR signing deadline soon. UConn may have an increased exit fee deadline. If the b12 does not act now they could done for a while Or they can focus on SDSU and UNLV in the west and Temple or UMass in the east.

GG

Reaction Score
They PAC may have a GOR signing deadline soon. UConn may have an increased exit fee deadline. If the b12 does not act now they could done for a while Or they can focus on SDSU and UNLV in the west and Temple or UMass in the east.
No one is signing a GOR without seeing any numbers.

Reaction Score
I thought our exit fee does nothing but decline over time?
I believe we have 3 more years before the exit fee for the Big East will drop to $15M. Also, the Big East is discussing raising the exit fee in a recent meeting. I doubt the Big East will raise the exit fee for current members beyond $30M, but it is possible. If other schools have no desire to leave, they can raise to $50M just to extract some more out of UConn for an example.

Big 12 needs to act before the Big East raise the exit fee beyond $30M.

Reaction Score
No one is signing a GOR without seeing any numbers.

There still is a deadline for GOR, date TBD. If they don‘t sign, then no deadline for realignment decision, but a decision must be made at some point.

Reaction Score
I believe we have 3 more years before the exit fee for the Big East will drop to $15M. Also, the Big East is discussing raising the exit fee in a recent meeting. I doubt the Big East will raise the exit fee for current members beyond $30M, but it is possible. If other schools have no desire to leave, they can raise to $50M just to extract some more out of UConn for an example.

I was thinking this as well. The little catholic schools outnumber us and could make the exit fee $100 million if they want. What are we and our one vote going to do about it?

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score

Realignment: UCONN to Big 12 real? // Changing Tune on Colorado // College Chaos Pod

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I was thinking this as well. The little catholic schools outnumber us and could make the exit fee $100 million if they want. What are we and our one vote going to do about it?
I haven't seen anyone anywhere verify that the BE was meeting to change the exit fee. There was a single tweet by an anonymous account stating that.

Reaction Score

Does the Big East really think dragging their most valuable product is good for the league? That wouldn't end well for either side.

GG

Reaction Score
These guys are wrong on every point. The B1G made no money on RU addition? They're terrible.
They really are. Both hosts are uninformed, and mentioned having to go to Storrs Connecticut for a football game. Then they called Louisville “UCONN on steroids.” What a joke trying to compare the two basketball programs.

Reaction Score
Any Bozo can sit at their table talking to a friend, put it online and call it a podcast. Consumers have to decide who is worth listening to and who is worth responding to. These guys are neither. They seem to be analyzing at the level of a 8 year old, focusing solely on quality of play and ignoring markets, money and stability, much less strategy.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
These guys are wrong on every point. The B1G made no money on RU addition? They're terrible.
Hence Non-Key.... it is incredible how many people have no idea about the world of conference realignment. It could also be that we have had to become well-versed since we have been living a nightmare since 2011.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Don't get worried Urcea. We aren't getting bumped for Memphis.

Reaction Score
Kind of puts a damper on his UConn visits. Memphis?
Yeah it seems like CU and Arizona are pretty much locks and we’re still in the same stage as Memphis/SDSU. That sucks.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Serious question:

Has anyone who is now overly concerned about Memphis ever performed due diligence? Do any of you understand what the term means?

If Memphis was on a list of candidates to consider (I believe they have been for as long as we have) there is no way Yormark can bring proposals back without having looked at all candidates.

Over a four decade career in corporate accounting/corporate finance I've worked on countless teams performing due diligence for potential deals, investments, loans, etc. In most cases the end result is the determination that it is not worth pursuing.

Reaction Score
Serious question:

Has anyone who is now overly concerned about Memphis ever performed due diligence? Do any of you understand what the term means?

If Memphis was on a list of candidates to consider (I believe they have been for as long as we have) there is no way Yormark can bring proposals back without having looked at all candidates.

Over a four decade career in corporate accounting/corporate finance I've worked on countless teams performing due diligence for potential deals, investments, loans, etc. In most cases the end result is the determination that it is not worth pursuing.
It’s not that. Either you value the visit to Memphis similarly to to the visit to UConn. Great news! Or you say, it’s just a visit to Memphis, doesn’t mean anything….

The concern is the latter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom