Non-Key Tweets | Page 59 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 4h
Hearing that any talks of conference mergers are not necessarily about $$ but more about survival. Major upheaval coming

MH3 ‏@MH3 4h
I also heard that the number of schools discussed was 36. Not sure who that leaves out or why.

MH3 ‏@MH3 4h
6 pods of 6 teams under one conference umbrella and shared TV revenue with the same governing body for all.

swh71 ‏@swh71 4h
@MH3 Should this happen, do you believe that WVU is among the 36 schools?

MH3 ‏@MH3 1h
@swh71 yes absolutely

MH3 ‏@MH3 1h
@swh71 I'd imagine the ones not involved would be either dropping football or moving to B1G

Reaction Score
Man, I love a good yarn, but this is just getting too far out for me. A 36 school conference? That sounds more like D4 than a conference. Sorry MH even with my dreams of upheaval this seems a bit over the top.

pj

Reaction Score
Man, I love a good yarn, but this is just getting too far out for me. A 36 school conference? That sounds more like D4 than a conference. Sorry MH even with my dreams of upheaval this seems a bit over the top.

36 = SEC (14) + B12 (10) + PAC (12) ... but what would be the point?

Reaction Score
Apparently wrestling has a strong tradition in Oklahoma? LOL that's like saying apparently hockey has a strong traditon in Canada.

I'm not an expert in College Wrestling. I know that UVA competes in the ACC, and Pittsburgh is this year's dual meet champion. Virginia Tech won the Championship tournament this year. I got this possible merger information from some Hokies discussing it. WVU already has annual dual meets with Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech, so they already are tight. Someone got to talking about merging this. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State feel like they lost their league, and they are open to the idea. TCU is along for the ride.

The passion for wrestling in Oklahoma was news to me. There isn't as much passion for it in Texas by comparison, I'm told. Not being a Big XII person, I'm not experienced with the Big XII Olympic Sports.

Reaction Score
Wrestling? Is it a coed sport?

I mean, as a Harley guy, I have watched women cole slaw wrestling, mud wrestling, jello wrestling....Like Sand Volleyball, I could like this sport, I think.

Reaction Score
Wrestling? Is it a coed sport?

I mean, as a Harley guy, I have watched women cole slaw wrestling, mud wrestling, jello wrestling....Like Sand Volleyball, I could like this sport, I think.

You might want to try Lingerie Football, the modern era Roller Derby. It's built up a lot of excitement.

http://www.lflus.com/

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 4h
Hearing that any talks of conference mergers are not necessarily about but more about survival. Major upheaval coming

MH3 ‏@MH3 4h
I also heard that the number of schools discussed was 36. Not sure who that leaves out or why.

MH3 ‏@MH3 4h
6 pods of 6 teams under one conference umbrella and shared TV revenue with the same governing body for all.

swh71 ‏@swh71 4h
@MH3 Should this happen, do you believe that WVU is among the 36 schools?

MH3 ‏@MH3 1h
@swh71 yes absolutely

MH3 ‏@MH3 1h
@swh71 I'd imagine the ones not involved would be either dropping football or moving to B1G

@theDudeofWV
Anyone telling you any combo of the big 5 are talking merger is either lying or a fool. You decide.
6:42pm - 27 Mar 14

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 1h

I was already lost by his tweets, but this tweet really did me in. So if you are not good enough to make MH3's dream conference, why would the B1G accept you? Or why would you drop football? It would be far more logical to join another league (AAC, MAC, CUSA) if you fail to make it into the Moonshine Hilbility Conference.

Reaction Score
I was already lost by his tweets, but this tweet really did me in. So if you are not good enough to make MH3's dream conference, why would the B1G accept you? Or why would you drop football? It would be far more logical to join another league (AAC, MAC, CUSA) if you fail to make it into the Moonshine Hilbility Conference.

Your first mistake was trying to apply logic to anything MH3 puts out there. Every team in the Big 12-2 serves at the whims of the Longhorns. When they get tired off holding that steaming pile together it's game over. If he honestly believes that the B1G would touch 7 out of 10 of its current membership he is even nuttier than I imagined. The only schools that will land on their feet for certain are UT, OU, and KU. Everybody else will be hoping for MWC. CUSA, and AAC Liferafts.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think we should all decide on a rumor and then find a way to feed it to the West Virginia Twitter mafia.

Should we have him merge the AAC and MWC, invite Toronto to the Big Ten or maybe have UCF and USF combining as UCSF and then joining the SEC?

Reaction Score
I think we should all decide on a rumor and then find a way to feed it to the West Virginia Twitter mafia.

Should we have him merge the AAC and MWC, invite Toronto to the Big Ten or maybe have UCF and USF combining as UCSF and then joining the SEC?

I'm pretty sure all are done deals. Announcement is next Tuesday. Book Market!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Part of me thinks that the entirety of the WV twitterheads is really one person pitting ideas against himself. Either he is just bored, lonely and looking for attention or he lost his mind years ago on bad moonshine.

As an aside, if there ends up being an elite group of 36 schools there is no way in hell WVU makes the cut.

Reaction Score
I'm not an expert in College Wrestling. I know that UVA competes in the ACC, and Pittsburgh is this year's dual meet champion. Virginia Tech won the Championship tournament this year. I got this possible merger information from some Hokies discussing it. WVU already has annual dual meets with Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech, so they already are tight. Someone got to talking about merging this. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State feel like they lost their league, and they are open to the idea. TCU is along for the ride.

The passion for wrestling in Oklahoma was news to me. There isn't as much passion for it in Texas by comparison, I'm told. Not being a Big XII person, I'm not experienced with the Big XII Olympic Sports.

I may not be an expert, but my older son is currently a D1 wrestler so we follow the sport pretty closely. I watched a lot of the coverage of the NCAA championships last weekend. At one point they discussed the merger as if it was a done deal.

The B1G is undoubtedly the class of D1 wrestling, the EIWA is probably number 2. This merger would put the ACC/BigXII on par with the EIWA, if not ahead.

Reaction Score

They actually tried to merge, but the University of California, San Francisco sent them a cease and desist letter. . .

pj

Reaction Score

This last is a good idea, but there must be a better name than "University of Central Southern Florida." How about FBSU, Florida Better State University.

Or, if that can't get through the legislature, Florida Bigger State University.

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MHr3 25m
Forget expansion for the time being. It's coming in ways no one quite expected but the current hot topic is contraction

MH3 ‏@MH3 24m
Schools from 3 of the 5 power conferences have serious concerns over future landscape of athletics and are looking at options(cont)

MH3 ‏@MH3 24m
(Cont) that include no longer having a scholarship football program

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
MH3 (March 26th): "...talks of conference mergers...the number of schools discussed was 36."

MH3 (April 1st): "...the current hot topic is contraction."

Thank God this man has his pulse on the ever-changing landscape of college athletics!!! :confused:

Reaction Score
There is someone on Detroit's Ticket 97.1 saying he's heard that ND and Uconn will be joining the B1G. Some people on Twitter have mentioned it. An ND buddy of mine sending me emails asking if I heard this...

Many forgot to mention that's its April 1. I think a Detroit station, bitter over the loss and the NYC home court edge, is trolling

Reaction Score
There is someone on Detroit's Ticket 97.1 saying he's heard that ND and Uconn will be joining the B1G. Some people on Twitter have mentioned it. An ND buddy of mine sending me emails asking if I heard this...

Many forgot to mention that's its April 1. I think a Detroit station, bitter over the loss and the NYC home court edge, is trolling

ND will only join the B1G if it's rent-a-home at the ACC implodes, just ask the old Big E. Politics and egos aside, such a move would cut down travel expenses for its Olympic teams and a UConn/Rutgers/Maryland combo would give ND the East Coast presence it wants (but does not help it's need to gain a stronger foothold down south for recruiting purposes).

Reaction Score
Does anyone think that the American's relative radio silence on Twitter and other media outlets about our awesome tourney run suggests that Aresco knows the jig is about to be up, and we are moving on, like this summer (or as another poster has oft stated... in like 20 minutes)?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Does anyone think that the American's relative radio silence on Twitter and other media outlets about our awesome tourney run suggests that Aresco knows the jig is about to be up, and we are moving on, like this summer (or as another poster has oft stated... in like 20 minutes)?

Yeah because they never mention Louisville...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hmm... @american_mbb has quite a bit. @american_conf not as much but there's a few tweets from them the last couple of days too.

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 3h
Start the chant: A-A-C! (Please take us A-C-C!) A-A-C (Please take us A-C-C!)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom