Non-Key Tweets | Page 382 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
These flug tweets don't add up. If OU is determined to wait 5 years or so and then go to the B1G anyway, then why would their president make such a scene when deregulation was passed?
So when the Big 12 sues them, they have a track record of being against the Big 12 if they claim the conference wasn't acting in the best interest of all members?

I would say if OU and KU went to the B1G, while that wouldn't be great for our chances to get in there, it would likely set off another realignment bomb. Either the Big 12 would add schools en masse, which would seemingly include us, or the more likely scenario the remainder get picked off, opening more slots around the country, hopefully leading to one for us.

Reaction Score
These flug tweets don't add up. If OU is determined to wait 5 years or so and then go to the B1G anyway, then why would their president make such a scene when deregulation was passed?

The theory is that it puts OK in a better light when they leave, because they can say that they did everything possible to make the Big 12 stronger. That's assuming that the other Big 12 schools don't go along with expansion now, or if a network doesn't pan out.

Reaction Score
There really isn't anything new there. Ultimately, all of the bigger schools with some media clout are going to gravitate to the conference/situation whereby they have a network and maximize there payoff(ie b10 network). All of the other leagues are threatened by this same issue. You don't think the bigger Acc, Sec, et. al schools in the next 5 or 10 years are not going to start looking if there revenues drag? The only thing i know for sure is it doesn't bode well for Uconn to the b10. They are/will likely target bigger brands. It will be curious to see though what progress the other conferences make with their own networks.

Reaction Score
So when the Big 12 sues them, they have a track record of being against the Big 12 if they claim the conference wasn't acting in the best interest of all members?

I would say if OU and KU went to the B1G, while that wouldn't be great for our chances to get in there, it would likely set off another realignment bomb. Either the Big 12 would add schools en masse, which would seemingly include us, or the more likely scenario the remainder get picked off, opening more slots around the country, hopefully leading to one for us.
The theory is that it puts OK in a better light when they leave, because they can say that they did everything possible to make the Big 12 stronger. That's assuming that the other Big 12 schools don't go along with expansion now, or if a network doesn't pan out.
None of the expansion resistance in the big 12 ever made any sense to me. I mean, I know everyone in that conference is Texas' whipping boy, but surely they can see that without expansion, the conference can't survive in the long run. Even with expansion, the Big 12 is probably screwed in 10 years, because realistically there's no way Texas and OU stick around.

So if you're one of the other Big 12 schools why not at least be proactive and give yourself a chance? Are they that blinded by the money and wanting to protect their share of the pie?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why do I feel like the ugly girl getting all the attention from the drunks at last call? After being ignored all evening, it feels good to be noticed, even though it is from the weirdest of people
If we are, I'm fully prepared to sleep with whomever ... any port in a storm.

Reaction Score
What actually gets me excited, despite the sources, this is the first time ever all the Twitter guys (Dude, Flug, Yoda, Etc) are all in agreement that it's us and Cincy when/if they expand. All we need is MH and we'd be golden!
Be careful what you wish for... that would be 6th sign of THE Apocalypse...
1- Kings and conqueror rides forth on a white horse (Boomer Schooner horses are white)
2- A rider on a red horse brings war....(friggin Rutgers and their red knight riding a horse with red blanket over it)
3- Rider on a black horse brings famine - (Texas Tech's horse is black...just sayin, and they are starving for a winner)
4 - A rider on a pale horse brings death - (UT's guys rides a pale horse, death of the LHN or the B12 - you decide)
5- Souls of the martyrs (UConn, Cinci, Houston, G5 fans) cry out "under the alter" for vengeance (conference realignment forum... Fishy threatening posters on Key Tweet thread... it is all so obvious )
6 - Dude, Flug, Yoda, and MH all agreeing on something... at the same time. (3 of the 4 have complied....)
Once MH weighs in, and if he agrees with them, it won't matter what conference anyone is in.. because soon after you will hear the sounds of trumpets as the 7th sign comes to and then hail, fire, earthquakes, poisoned water, darkened sky, locusts... no bueno.

CL82

Reaction Score
What actually gets me excited, despite the sources, this is the first time ever all the Twitter guys (Dude, Flug, Yoda, Etc) are all in agreement that it's us and Cincy when/if they expand. All we need is MH and we'd be golden!
Except they are like 2-100 on CR calls, but other than that, yeah, it's good to be talked about positively.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If OK/KU go B1G where will that leave us? So close, yet so far.

If OK/KU go B1G, it would start a cascade. The Big12 (Big8, then) would need at least 2 more teams if not 4. Those 2 - 4 teams would come from the American and/or BYU. If the B1G grabs 2 more, then the SEC may act to grab 2 more; likely from the ACC.

Therefore, in such a scenario, we would either be invited to the Big12 or the ACC. In either case, we would be making 20 million more than we currently are...

Reaction Score
If OK/KU go B1G, it would start a cascade. The Big12 (Big8, then) would need at least 2 more teams if not 4. Those 2 - 4 teams would come from the American and/or BYU. If the B1G grabs 2 more, then the SEC may act to grab 2 more; likely from the ACC.

Therefore, in such a scenario, we would either be invited to the Big12 or the ACC. In either case, we would be making 20 million more than we currently are...
Yeah, but who even knows what kind of a state our program will be in after 5 more years with AAC money/competition.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Yeah, but who even knows what kind of a state our program will be in after 5 more years with AAC money/competition.

Is there a guarantee that this process will take 5 years?

I haven't the slightest clue if or when this would take place, but the B1G tv contract expires in 2017 if I'm not mistaken. Presumably, that would be the driving force for the addition of 2 more schools. Our NCAA credits and other former Big East money will bridge some of the gap until then. Now, it's a waiting game...

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Si

So TX is against adding, forcing KU/OK to leave. At that time they add the two schools OK wanted to stay?

CL82

Reaction Score
Be careful what you wish for... that would be 6th sign of THE Apocalypse...
1- Kings and conqueror rides forth on a white horse (Boomer Schooner horses are white)
2- A rider on a red horse brings war....(friggin Rutgers and their red knight riding a horse with red blanket over it)
3- Rider on a black horse brings famine - (Texas Tech's horse is black...just sayin, and they are starving for a winner)
4 - A rider on a pale horse brings death - (UT's guys rides a pale horse, death of the LHN or the B12 - you decide)
5- Souls of the martyrs (UConn, Cinci, Houston, G5 fans) cry out "under the alter" for vengeance (conference realignment forum... Fishy threatening posters on Key Tweet thread... it is all so obvious )
6 - Dude, Flug, Yoda, and MH all agreeing on something... at the same time. (3 of the 4 have complied....)
Once MH weighs in, and if he agrees with them, it won't matter what conference anyone is in.. because soon after you will hear the sounds of trumpets as the 7th sign comes to and then hail, fire, earthquakes, poisoned water, darkened sky, locusts... no bueno.
beautiful-cats-hd-wallpapers-18.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Nothing. She's just been staring at the screen since you posted this.

Reaction Score
No way UT would stay with those 8 teams. It could spur them and ND to ACC.

Then some of the American merge with B12 leftovers. Better than current AAC, but still no P5 or P4 if this happens.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Si

So TX is against adding, forcing KU/OK to leave. At that time they add the two schools OK wanted to stay?

I'm not sure if I'm reading your question correctly, but it sounds like you are asking whether OK will want to stay if 2 teams are added?

According to their president, David Boren, the answer is "yes". He wants 2 more teams, so that the Big12 can have a traditional conference championship game, as well as a conference tv deal quite like the B1G and SEC networks. His displeasure of that not happening, along with the possible displeasure of others in the conference not named "Texas", might be enough to drive them away...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Then some of the American merge with B12 leftovers. Better than current AAC, but still no P5 or P4 if this happens.

All of that is extremely unclear.

We know that Texas has already flirted with the PAC12 in the past. Would they go there? Would they join the ACC with ND as a full member? Would the SEC come calling? And would Texas give up the Longhorn Network in order to do any of the above moves? It's all unclear to me.

The only thing that is clear to me is that Texas would call their own shots. Furthermore, a merged conference of UConn, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, West Virginia, TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech, Cincy, Houston, Navy, etc., would most definitely be considered a P5 conference. There's no doubt about it. That conference would be better than the current ACC without the addition of ND and Texas, that's for sure...

Reaction Score

I have no idea, but here is a crazy thought:
Maybe Oklahoma doesn't want to wait 5 years to leave and is looking into breaking the GOR. Maybe all the posturing by Boren is so that Oklahoma can justify breaking the GOR by accusing other Big XII schools of not acting in the best interest of the conference.

Not saying that this is what is going on, but nothing CR related would surprise me.

CL82

Reaction Score
If UConn is the apple of the Big XII's eye, it is all the more reason the Big Ten eases their non-existent AAU requirement and preemptively extends an invitation to UConn.
Maybe not. UConn still has a ways to go in B1G metrics. Parking them in the Big 12 allows them to time to grow why still earning P5 money. No downside whatsoever to the B1G, if they don't need us at the moment.

The ACC on the other hand should view us to the Big 12 as a stabilizing force to their competition for a the last P4 berth. If they were proactive, taking us now would be the smart move. Cinci is the best fit for them, however, so I'm not sure who our partner would be. Of course conference politics might prevent them from taking UConn, but it is the smart thing to do.

Reaction Score

And no $20 million payday. Fewer landing spots, more competition and more time are not things working in favor of anyone outside the P5 (as well as a number of programs inside the P5) despite people on this board hoping and wishing it were so.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma culturally belongs in the SEC rather than the Big Ten. The SEC must be salivating over OU and UNC right now.

That would leave Kansas and UConn or UConn and UVA to the Big Ten (or Kansas and UVA). Unless the SEC aims for UVA somehow, too.

Reaction Score
There would be no KU. It could be p5, but it's a very weak conference. Each other league has 2+ elite programs. This one has 0.

Also, I think the additions would be UConn,Cincy, Houston, UCF and USF. Possibly BYU instead of one of the FL schools.

All of that is extremely unclear.

We know that Texas has already flirted with the PAC12 in the past. Would they go there? Would they join the ACC with ND as a full member? Would the SEC come calling? And would Texas give up the Longhorn Network in order to do any of the above moves? It's all unclear to me.

The only thing that is clear to me is that Texas would call their own shots. Furthermore, a merged conference of UConn, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, West Virginia, TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech, Cincy, Houston, Navy, etc., would most definitely be considered a P5 conference. There's no doubt about it. That conference would be better than the current ACC without the addition of ND and Texas, that's for sure...

Reaction Score
If OK/KU go B1G where will that leave us? So close, yet so far.
UConn offers the B1g way more than Kansas. If they do away with AAU for OU, precedent is set, and the other add will be us, not Kansas.

Reaction Score
I disagree, KU is a very attractive asset and enables the whole contiguous thing with Nebraska, KU-OU. OU may have a plan to get to AAU or it really doesn't matter.

UConn offers the B1g way more than Kansas. If they do away with AAU for OU, precedent is set, and the other add will be us, not Kansas.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
There would be no KU. It could be p5, but it's a very weak conference. Each other league has 2+ elite programs. This one has 0.

Also, I think the additions would be UConn,Cincy, Houston, UCF and USF. Possibly BYU instead of one of the FL schools.

Even without Oklahoma and Texas, that combined conference would have 3 of the top15 in the final AP football poll (4 of the top25), and 5 of the top25 in the current men's basketball AP poll. They would be plenty "P5" for the rest of the country...

Reaction Score
You can't compare the 2. This is with OU-KU-UT. Once they leave recruiting will fall dramatically in the conference, just above AAC levels.

$$ would be better but nowhere near other P5 levels.

Even without Oklahoma and Texas, that combined conference would have 3 of the top15 in the final AP football poll (4 of the top25), and 5 of the top25 in the current men's basketball AP poll. They would be plenty "P5" for the rest of the country...

Reaction Score

If the Big 12 falls apart and the ACC loses a Virginia and a NC school, I'd have to imagine that whichever of us and Kansas is available gets one of the open spots, with the other one probably going to WVU. Not a bad consolation prize, all things considered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom