Non-Key Tweets | Page 340 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Renu Khator
‏@UHpres TV ratings for UH football...

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 18h18 hours ago
@UHpres Has UH been notified that the Big 12 composition committee has recommended the Cougars for membership?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 18h18 hours ago
@HoustonsOwnDrew @UHpres Here's what I know (not my opinion). That UH and UC are the recommendations of the committee.

Reaction Score
This scenario would have been a great option...if we can dream. 64 programs in 4 conferences. UCONN and Cincy in. OK State, Kansas State, Iowa State out. 65 + 2 - 3 = 64.
http://www.houstonpress.com/news/wh...-college-football-structure-look-like-7720855

Two quick observations. First, without UNC, the ACC likely falls apart. Second, with decent football and basketball and a donor with a lot of dough and pull, OK State will not be left out of a final realignment resulting in 4 mega-conferences of 20 members. Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech are a lot more vulnerable

Reaction Score
Kevin McGuire‏@KevinOnCFB
Is Mountain West Conference looking for expansion real estate in Texas? http://wp.me/p14QTT-1wpW

Basically picking up on MWC Commissioner Craig Thompson saying "He'll leave a light on for BYU" the other day, article speculates that if BYU home to the MWC at No. 13, Rice or UTEP could be a natural addition at 14.

pj

Reaction Score
Oklahoma is the school pushing expansion though.

I meant that expansion improves B12 revenue in the short term (if as Boren said TV payments are pro rata so no loss of money with adding teams - meaning income increases due to CCG revenue). But when the next TV contract comes around, you pay the price in lower per-team revenue due to dilution of the conference. If you are committed to the conference long-term, you care about the dilution and would oppose expansion. If you are planning to leave, you care about short-term revenue and will favor expansion.

Oklahoma backing expansion indicates they plan to leave by the end of the current TV contract in 2025. That instability could be good for UConn.

Reaction Score
So is the B1G going to take UConn or Kansas when it grabs Oklahoma?

If it wants Oklahoma, the second team is Oklahoma St.

Haven't we been through this before?

Oklahoma didn't make the move to the Pac12 when the Pac12 nixed Oklahoma St.

Reaction Score
Kevin McGuire‏@KevinOnCFB
Is Mountain West Conference looking for expansion real estate in Texas? http://wp.me/p14QTT-1wpW

Basically picking up on MWC Commissioner Craig Thompson saying "He'll leave a light on for BYU" the other day, article speculates that if BYU home to the MWC at No. 13, Rice or UTEP could be a natural addition at 14.

Is it too late to kick out Tulane and add BYU to the AAC?

Reaction Score

From what I've read that's not true. My understanding is that the Pac12 nixed just Oklahoma and OK St...they wanted Texas in the deal. Also there are multiple articles about the package deal that Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Kansas, Iowa State and Nebraska put together for the B1G in 2010 that the B1G turned down. I've seen little to nothing that points to Oklahoma or Kansas for that matter being tied to their instate "State" schools. Again I know nothing but what I read but show me something other than opinion that OK and OK St and glued together, I haven't seen it yet.

Reaction Score

I think your sarcasm detector is broken.

Reaction Score
From what I've read that's not true. My understanding is that the Pac12 nixed just Oklahoma and OK St...they wanted Texas in the deal. Also there are multiple articles about the package deal that Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Kansas, Iowa State and Nebraska put together for the B1G in 2010 that the B1G turned down. I've seen little to nothing that points to Oklahoma or Kansas for that matter being tied to their instate "State" schools. Again I know nothing but what I read but show me something other than opinion that OK and OK St and glued together, I haven't seen it yet.

Yes, they wanted Texas, but what other teams would be in the deal at all? I mean, they took Utah. Why not Oklahoma? Why wouldn't the Pac12 want Oklahoma?

Reaction Score
Yes, they wanted Texas, but what other teams would be in the deal at all? I mean, they took Utah. Why not Oklahoma? Why wouldn't the Pac12 want Oklahoma?
Don't know, you would have to ask the Pac 12. My point was that Ok and Ok St are not glued together. That it wasn't Ok that turned the deal down to stay with Ok St as you made it sound. Why would the B1G not want the five team deal that was offered up. Iowa St being in it...maybe, wanting to go East not west...probably. Maybe the Pac 12 was still hoping the Longhorn network problem would get worked out...IDK. But my point stands that from what I've read Ok and Ok St are free to go in different directions. So if they go to the B1G, Ok St does not have to be the school joining with them.

Reaction Score

So long as Oklahoma State lands on their feet, which I think they would, then they don't necessarily have to be in the same conference. Oklahoma to the B1G. Oklahoma State to the SEC. Everyone in Oklahoma comes out ahead, and both conferences get solid programs.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Oklahoma State won't be going to the B1G. They have horrific academics - ranked 149th and non-AAU and nowhere close to AAU. 75% admission rate. $422M endowment. Meh athletic department.

OU doesn't sport much better academics - ranked 109th and non-AAU with 80% admission rate. However, they do have a $1B endowment and move the athletic (football) needle MUCH more than OSU. However, if OU's admission is dependent upon OSU also gaining acceptance, then I think the B1G would pass and take Kansas and UConn instead. All they have to do is pry one of KU/OU away to soften that conference to mush so that they can work on the ultimate prize: an equal share Texas.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Academics will keep Oklahoma and Oklahoma State out of the Big Ten. OSU is a Louisville-level train wreck academically and Oklahoma is a middling university.

If Oklahoma ends up somewhere, it's the SEC or the PAC 12.

Reaction Score
So long as Oklahoma State lands on their feet, which I think they would, then they don't necessarily have to be in the same conference. Oklahoma to the B1G. Oklahoma State to the SEC. Everyone in Oklahoma comes out ahead, and both conferences get solid programs.

SEC isn't taking Oklahoma St. End of story

Reaction Score
Don't know, you would have to ask the Pac 12. My point was that Ok and Ok St are not glued together. That it wasn't Ok that turned the deal down to stay with Ok St as you made it sound. Why would the B1G not want the five team deal that was offered up. Iowa St being in it...maybe, wanting to go East not west...probably. Maybe the Pac 12 was still hoping the Longhorn network problem would get worked out...IDK. But my point stands that from what I've read Ok and Ok St are free to go in different directions. So if they go to the B1G, Ok St does not have to be the school joining with them.

Pac12 wanted Oklahoma but didn't want Texas Tech and Oklahoma St.

Reaction Score
SEC isn't taking Oklahoma St. End of story

Why is it, when I say this about us people call me a troll and saying I'm injecting personal opinion and stating it as fact. But when anyone else does it about any other school, everyone goes along with it? The B1G isn't taking UConn. End of story. Our best bet is to hope they poach from the ACC and we can back fill there. The B1G is more likely to take Oklahoma and Kansas, and OkSt is probably going to be off to the SEC.

The SEC would NEVER take "2nd best" from a state....like A&M, right?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
The SEC would NEVER take "2nd best" from a state....like A&M, right?

Hmmmmm . . . Let me think about this. Texas and its 27 million residents or Oklahoma and its 3.8 million residents. That's a tough one.

Reaction Score
If Louisville can get into a conference that once had Academic standards then anything is possible for Uconn...OSU... OU....

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No.

The ACC is/was a desperate conference.

The Big Ten a) is dealing from strength, and b) can wait out better options.

Oklahoma has a great football pedigree, but what's the point - small market, poor academics, political issues with Oklahoma State. (Oklahoma State isn't landing on their feet without Oklahoma.)

The Big Ten can wait out much better markets and much better schools than Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h3 hours ago
By the way WVU's strategic plan is intended to have WVU AAU ready by 2020.

Nothing to do with the B1G. Just Gr. Gee's goal.

I'm also told that Penn State, Ohio State & even Purdue assisted WVU with AAU planning. However I cannot vouch for that.

Again I am not hinting or implying anything. Just proud that's WVU's goal: http://strategicplan.wvu.edu/r/download/90223

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@pfac51 WVU's goal is to be AAU worthy by 2020. Not a member by then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom