Non-Key Discussion | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe Gee moonlights for a towing company.

Or maybe it's an expression of wishful thinking (aka, freudian slip) as to just how much influence Gee has.

Reaction Score
Or maybe it's an expression of wishful thinking (aka, freudian slip) as to just how much influence Gee has.
Alas, that falls under "other TBD". I'm going with he doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

Reaction Score
There seems to be a bit of speculation in the non-key tweet thread about what Texas will do. The regime at Texas (the chancellor, prez & AD) keep their cards to their vest and are much more phlegmatic than their big talking predecessors. I follow the program closely and i believe some of the speculation is off target. Some day when i have ten good minutes and a cooperative device maybe I'll attempt to state what i think and cite the sources as to why i think it. Would that be of any interest to anybody? Would this be the appropriate thread for it?

Reaction Score
Right thread, but you'll need make your post before your internet time elapses. 10 minutes works for me.

Oh nooo. Already late (and I was thinking of making time to post tomorrow).

So quick and dirty (and sadly, without quotes or a bibliography), I have a number of reasons to believe that Texas does NOT want to leave the Big 12 and that with or without OU, I think Texas plans to stick with the Big 12 as long as it's a salvageable P5 conference.

Reaction Score
I wonder what they think about Boren making waves (and if they're doing anything to help with that).

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Oh nooo. Already late (and I was thinking of making time to post tomorrow).

So quick and dirty (and sadly, without quotes or a bibliography), I have a number of reasons to believe that Texas does NOT want to leave the Big 12 and that with or without OU, I think Texas plans to stick with the Big 12 as long as it's a salvageable P5 conference.

Thanks for the info. That's what I think as well. All of the Texas going anywhere talk is just talk.

Reaction Score
Setting aside it was 7:19 PM ET, could be ...
In California, it was 4:19 (he was few seconds early). It's like New Years eve, everyone celebrates 4:20 across the different time zones.

Reaction Score
What do those emojis mean?
〽️ Part Alternation Mark
Used in traditional Japanese music such as Noh or Renga, to indicate the start of a song. More specifically, the part alternation mark is displayed where the singer’s part begins.

This symbol looks sort of like a lopsided capital M; or a rollercoaster track showing a dip, and then a drop off to the right.

Also Known As
  • 〽️ M Emoji
  • 〽️ McDonald’s Emoji
Smiling Face With Halo
A face with a halo above it, used to represent an angel, or a good person / person who has done a good deed.

• Also Known As
    • Angel Emoji
    • Halo Emoji

Reaction Score
Or, your mind was previously blown. Think AUS, NZ, Pacific islands, east Asia, and other places far ahead of the ET zone.

Now you're just making stuff up.

There no "Zealand", so how can they're be a New Zealand"?

(drops mic)

Reaction Score
Now you're just making stuff up. There no "Zealand", so how can they're be a New Zealand"?
Ah, but there was and is indeed a Zeeland and the first arriving Europeans in NZ named it Nova Zeelandia after their Dutch province. No shocker, later arriving James Cook anglicised the name. Bah dah dum!

Reaction Score
FIFY
Way way OT before returning to non-key BSing: Perhaps Leif Ericson and other Danish discovered North America, but the Maori, other Kiwis, and historians alike would be shocked to learn Danish explorers were the first Europeans in NZ. Re-checking to reconfirm recollections from Kiwi friends and museums in NZ, 17th century Dutch explorers / traders captained by Abel Tasman still set foot first in Nieuw Zeeland or Nova Zeelandia (renamed by later arriving James Cook in the 18th century).

Along with Dutch East India Company explorers discovering and colonising the Indonesian archipelago and Banten/Batavia (Jakarta) in the 16th C, Henry Hudson, another Dutch-funded explorer, albeit English, found a river and big bay in search of a new route to Asia, contributed to a big city (New Amsterdam), and Dutch associates sailed up the long and winding tidal river (Connecticut), set up shop in the Nutmeg State, and found an island off of CT and RI (Block).

By the 17th C, the Dutch led global commerce (sugar, tea, coffee, rice, rubber, tobacco, silk, porcelain, textiles, pepper, cinnamon, cloves, and alas, nutmeg). They colonized New Zealand, Fiji, other south Pacific islands, Van Deiman's Island (aka Tasmania, named after Abel Tasman) as well as establishing trading in Malaysia, the Malacca Strait, current Thailand, current Taiwan (Formosa), India, Sri Lanka, current Iran (Persia), South Africa, Namibia, St. Maarten, Aruba, Curacao, other Caribbean islands, etc.

Enterprising buggers, those Dutch. Maybe UConn's equally enterprising conference realignment explorers will land us in a conference with better upside. And, back to non-key CR discussion ... ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've been waiting for Flug to comment on Fox streaming. Their streaming product is complete garbage.
Could be, but Flug could correctly raise the possibility the state of streaming technology is not inert. If Fox's current streaming product is complete garbage, they'll likely enhance it B1G time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Could be, but Flug could correctly raise the possibility the state of streaming technology is not inert. If Fox's current streaming product is complete garbage, they'll likely enhance it B1G time.

Maybe - or they might not be the streaming solution - which would make a lot more sense.

Reaction Score
The PAC 12 will always be fine because there are enough athletes in their neck of the woods that they don't have to share to have quality teams.
Not so directly related to UConn getting off of the AAC island, but here's some interesting PAC-12 media discussion from Feb '16 (pre-B1G elephant contract) and Pac-12's TV initiative in China and Asia, Pac-12 Global. Nothing like a B1G-time contract, but outreach to ship loads of people and similar availability.

Reaction Score
Not so directly related to UConn getting off of the AAC island, but here's some interesting PAC-12 media discussion from Feb '16 (pre-B1G elephant contract) and Pac-12's TV initiative in China and Asia, Pac-12 Global. Nothing like a B1G-time contract, but outreach to ship loads of people and similar availability.

UCONN needs to do what PAC-12 is doing and promote the school worldwide. China and Asia are great places to start. PAC-12 is safe due to location. I can see PAC-12 attempt to attract OU and Texas again just to expand the network footprint. If they can get B1G dollars with Texas and OU, they can make it work.

Reaction Score
The B1G can add just about who ever they want. And it won't be a school that isn't already AAU. So, Okla is out. They'll go SEC or Pac eventually.
By that rule, Free Shoes U's out as well. However, it's also unlikely the SEC or the Pac-12 would take them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom