Non-Conference opponents next season | The Boneyard

Non-Conference opponents next season

Reaction Score
I know we have Arizona next year in Tucson but other than that I am not sure what our non-conference schedule looks like. Does anyone have any idea?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
That's already a demanding OOC schedule. Do Nova or ND, not both. Either one, with Arizona, Cuse, Auburn, the Nike tournament is high enough degree of difficulty. Then we need some cupcakes, like Wagner, or Northeastern;)

Reaction Score
Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
WOW that PK invitational looks freakin' awesome.
If you were charged with coming up with a Sweet Sixteen for a movie about an NCAA tourney, this would be a completely believable one.

Reaction Score
The PK Invitational, and games at Arizona, Syracuse at MSG, and probably Villanova at home really is a monster non conference schedule. I know they have been talking about a mens and womens double header at MSG for a while, and I think that would be great for the programs, but im guessing that probably wont happen until at least 2018-2019. There will be plenty of opportunities to pick up signature wins next year.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
The PK Invitational, and games at Arizona, Syracuse at MSG, and probably Villanova at home really is a monster non conference schedule. I know they have been talking about a mens and womens double header at MSG for a while, and I think that would be great for the programs, but im guessing that probably wont happen until at least 2018-2019. There will be plenty of opportunities to pick up signature wins next year.
If the do that one they could bring down the Syracuse women, or maybe a separate event with Baylor.

Reaction Score
If the do that one they could bring down the Syracuse women, or maybe a separate event with Baylor.
Thats a good idea. Since we're already playing Syracuse next season in the Jimmy V Classic, and the administration wants to continue playing Syracuse at MSG, the 2018-2019 season would be a great opportunity for a mens and womens double header vs Syracuse at MSG.

Reaction Score
I know we have Arizona next year in Tucson but other than that I am not sure what our non-conference schedule looks like. Does anyone have any idea?

You're new here so understand that you will get your balls busted in this forum for a while; aka forever. Welcome.

Reaction Score
WOW that PK invitational looks freakin' awesome.

1/2 the teams any way.

Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Gtown and Stanford are all coming off a down year and the Pland duo is not so great.

But otherwise, looks pretty darn solid. Hope Uconn can hold their own.

edit: So there are two different 8 game brackets. Any idea what bracket Uconn is in? It would be cool to pit the winners of both brackets vs each other for a 4th game but oh well.

Reaction Score
Some team at the PK 80 not from Portland could easily go 0-3 depending on the draw. That would both suck and blow for them.

C

Chief00

I hope unlike last year they put a CL/Gampel filter on the OOC schedule. Neutral court games are fine but if you want to truly turn around home attendance both home locations need at least one marque OOC game.

Reaction Score

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It would be nice to win some of these non-conference games. I wish the Phil Knight thing was a Christmas-time gig rather than right out of the gate.
Agree. I think our guys could use some time to play with a full roster, early results this year were less than stellar, don't want to be embarrassed early at a tournament everyone will be watching.

Reaction Score

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
So confirmed is
PK Invitational (3 games)
Syracuse @MSG
@Arizona

Should happen is
Villanova at home

As far as our other 7 games (and we should play the max):
I don't think we should play another game at MSG

I would like to see URI at home (a pay game), BC (h/h-we don't have a choice, they did throw us a bone in football), Quinnipiac, Fairfield, Wichita State (h/h), UNH, and...Kansas (h/h).
That would mean we would have 7 home games, 4 neutral games, and 3 road games.

Reaction Score
Agree. I think our guys could use some time to play with a full roster, early results this year were less than stellar, don't want to be embarrassed early at a tournament everyone will be watching.

It's why I wish they could get a summer European thing going to get some court time. I could have sworn someone mentioned that as a possibility.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
That's already a demanding OOC schedule. Do Nova or ND, not both. Either one, with Arizona, Cuse, Auburn, the Nike tournament is high enough degree of difficulty. Then we need some cupcakes, like Wagner, or Northeastern;)

play them all, hold nothing back

and hopefully a couple of games will be included in our season ticket package, which just wasn't very good this year

C

Chief00

It would be nice to win some of these non-conference games. I wish the Phil Knight thing was a Christmas-time gig rather than right out of the gate.

Quite frankly, the change the start of 2017/2018 is on par with the change at the start of the previous season. No seniors compared to 3 last year. Larrier and Gilbert never had a meaningful chance under fire to integrate with their teammates - and now the injuries will add uncertainty. We have also added 3 Freshmen.

The pluses are Adams is now a leader and Vital is a season player who plays smart and tough. Jackson and Vital add shooting that should be improve from this season if they continue to work. Durham at least had the opportunity to shake the rust off and Enoch knows what he must improve on.

I think the new scheduler tries to be too smart for his own good - the truth is it's hard to anticipate how basketball teams are going to jell. He also doesn't seem to appreciate the loyal season ticket holders.

As I have been saying in this conference, if you are going to be good and sell tickets, don't play head games - just schedule 2 -3 home OOC games every year. If we are going to be good, they will be great experiences for the fans and players. If we stink it won't make a difference but may sell a few more tickets.

Fine play a game at MSG but don't pretend it's a substitute for a good home schedule.

Bottomline, this dude has an important job and he needs to focus more on playing a better home schedule and better game time and dates. Don't use TV as an excuse - PC changed two game times last season due to conflicts with the Patriots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom