Nolan | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tell that to Gavin Edwards

Edwards rate stats as a freshman and sophomore were much better than Nolan's.

Edwards as a freshman (per 40 minutes): 12.0 points, 11.2 rebounds, 3.5 blocks, 2.2 turnovers, 5.2 fouls, .567 FG%
Nolan as a freshman: 5.3 points, 7.9 rebounds, 1.9 blocks, 1.4 turnovers, 4.5 fouls, .429 FG%

Edwards as a sophomore: 14.6 points, 8.4 rebounds, 2.0 blocks, 2.8 turnovers, 6.4 fouls, .550 FG%
Nolan as a sophomore: 9.4 points, 6.7 rebounds, 1.3 blocks, 1.6 turnovers, 7.0 fouls, .526 FG%

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Sometimes I read a thread like this and I wonder if we're all watching the same games.
One person sees beauty, another sees dog.

I saw beauty in my dog.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Well, at least he's less turnover prone than Edwards. There's some solace to be taken in that.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I don't think Nolan is much more than a big body as well as a great kid. But as long as there is life there is hope. He can improve over the next two years.

Reaction Score
He's never been great on that end now has he? Call it "offensive" or just not that good. He sets a good pick and plays good on the defensive end for the most part - it's not like he's the first guy we've had who can't score but his mounts are nonetheless valuable?
he doesnt rebound,he doesnt block or challenge shots,he doesnt clog passing lanes,doesnt get deflections but does draw charges and i give him that but where is this "good" defense you speak of? the only time i saw him play well defensively was in the tourney especially against msu where he was really good. So far this season he has shown nothing other than drawing a charge. i hope he improves but if he is terrible im going to call him out and hes been terrible.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
he doesnt rebound,he doesnt block or challenge shots,he doesnt clog passing lanes,doesnt get deflections but does draw charges and i give him that but where is this "good" defense you speak of? the only time i saw him play well defensively was in the tourney especially against msu where he was really good. So far this season he has shown nothing other than drawing a charge. i hope he improves but if he is terrible im going to call him out and hes been terrible.

He's had a few good rebounding games over his career, though I'll concede that aside from in the first exhibition game, his rebounding this season has been solidly underwhelming. Let's just remember though that we're only 1 game into the regular season and Phil has nearly two years left with us to improve. I'm confident he'll do that.

Reaction Score
He's had a few good rebounding games over his career, though I'll concede that aside from in the first exhibition game, his rebounding this season has been solidly underwhelming. Let's just remember though that we're only 1 game into the regular season and Phil has nearly two years left with us to improve. I'm confident he'll do that.
Hope so.

Reaction Score

He's the best pick and roll defender on the team. You know, that's a pretty big part of defense in college basketball.

Reaction Score
He hedges and rotates very well defending high ball screens and the pick and roll, its the main reason why he supplanted Tyler in the rotation last year.

Reaction Score

Yeah he blows :eek:......how about bodying a guy on the low blocks so his guy has to kick it out because he's been cut off from the hole - is that defense? Nah can't be he didn't block a shot or deflect a pass - I mean wtf he sucks. If he is what you say then how did we win a NC with his minutes being valuable as they were and how did we keep Dakar Johnson and others form killing us? And KO must be an awful coach because he puts him out there and wins. Do you watch the game and only see the obvious? He's smart on D and his help D is twice that of AO and Andre who people rave about. He's not going to get 10 pts a game but his experience down low is much more effective than some believe as there are many ways to help without filling the stat sheet!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Or, you could spare us as we have heard your opinion on Phil. He's a kid who made a key contribution to our NC and now BY posters are ripping him after one game. Weak.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Reading some of the posts on here convinces me that many here..don't actually understand what they are watching. They just see a ball go in a hoop or not go in a hoop and that's it.

Reaction Score
I think most people here know that when we play a top ranked team we will need Phil's contributions as we did last April. Some nights he's going to foul and play 7 minutes and on others he will be a difference maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom