Nolan | The Boneyard

Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You Nolan haters are relentless....

4-7 for 8 points in 18 minutes of play. Played solid D and is a nice shot blocking presence although not a freak shot blocker like Brimah.

But yet, people on this board are still complaining about his play.

My goodness, lessen your expectations.

Nolan isn't going to be Emeka Okafor. He needs to be a serviceable big-man and that is all...

Save the "Okafor-type" expectations for Junior year Brimah

He definitely showed some improvement tonight and not many big men can jump stop on a fast break and finish with a nice touch like he did in the 1st half.

Maybe focus on the unique attributes (pivoting, footwork, jumping, shooting touch) that he brings instead of always pointing out mistakes that he made which are correctable with experience....

Just a thought...

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
He was better tonight but has been very underwhelming to start the year. It's funny about expectations -- coming in as a freshman he had none, but he played well down the stretch last year so was expected to be much better this year. Hasn't happened yet, but our frontcourt situation means he'll get plenty of opportunities.

Reaction Score
He was better tonight but has been very underwhelming to start the year. It's funny about expectations -- coming in as a freshman he had none, but he played well down the stretch last year so was expected to be much better this year. Hasn't happened yet, but our frontcourt situation means he'll get plenty of opportunities.

Good point it's ALL expectations and perception. He will eventually be a nice player for UConn, may be this year may be next could be year 4 but I see the progress and even tonight there was more. If we expect too much we'll want them all to be perfect!

Reaction Score
Well I honestly don't understand what people were expecting. He just tied his career high in points, six games into the season. I think he is making normal progress for a guy who didn't play much at all last year. It takes some time to go from a bench warmer to a guy with decent minutes.

Maybe my expectations were lower and thus my idea of what constitutes a good game for Nolan is also lower.

But he played good tonight. Anyone who complain about his performance tonight is borderline trolling.

PS: I know you see my post D Money, I ain't letting you off the hook. Nolan is getting better and you are not liking it because you would rather be right than see him play well. (When I act like a troll to a troll it doesn't count as being a troll right??)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You Nolan haters are relentless....

4-7 for 8 points in 18 minutes of play. Played solid D and is a nice shot blocking presence although not a freak shot blocker like Brimah.

But yet, people on this board are still complaining about his play.

My goodness, lessen your expectations.

Nolan isn't going to be Emeka Okafor. He needs to be a serviceable big-man and that is all...

Save the "Okafor-type" expectations for Junior year Brimah

He definitely showed some improvement tonight and not many big men can jump stop on a fast break and finish with a nice touch like he did in the 1st half.

Maybe focus on the unique attributes (pivoting, footwork, jumping, shooting touch) that he brings instead of always pointing out mistakes that he made which are correctable with experience....

Just a thought...

If a few of the bunnies he missed went through, he would have scored double figures. By far his best effort this year. Still needs to battle for the rebounds - something DD needs to work on - fighting for the ball

Reaction Score
The whole team needs to stop staring at the sky and box out on the defensive boards. Nolan did not have the ball in his hands much at all last year. Tonight he made some decent plays with the ball when fed down low. The worst play was the bad pass to halfcourt but he most likely won't do that again. He's ahead of Brimah offensively and we will need that. Each player (including Tyler) has his place.

Reaction Score

I'm only a toward other Dbags. Kind of like on that show Dexter where the main character is a serial killer against other serial killer's. I almost consider it a good deed.

2 mistakes at the end of the half huh? Like when the refs called an illegal screen when it was absolutely not even close to an illegal screen. So we can cut that one off the list and make it 1 mistake.

He did make an atrocious pass that led to a bucket on the other end. But give me a player who's never made a mistake?? Even Napier and Boatright have had the ball cleanly snagged out of their hands once this year.

Your entitled to your opinion, and I, even I, expect more from Nolan. But unlike you D Money, I believe he is gonna show more than zero improvement as you essentially claimed in the other thread.

Also just because where fans of the same team and your entitled to your on point of view does not mean I'm not gonna call you out when you make negative statements about a player where supposed to be rooting for.

The more crap you talk about Nolan, the more I'm gonna test you. Either get used to it or don't make bs posts.

Reaction Score
D$ said:
Ain't letting me off the hook? Oh man, what am I going to do?

I'm glad he had a better game, not that it could have gotten much worse, but let's not forget the two mistakes he made at the end of the first half, which lead to 4 quick pts and cut the lead to 8. Further, he had 2 reb and 0 blocks. Again, he is our starting center so I do expect a bit more....I know call me crazy.

Again, glad he had a better game and hope he continues to improve, but hardly do I think that his performance tonight substantiates what a you were the other night.

We're all fans of the same team and are allowed to have our own opinions, right?

First mistake is partially on whoever threw the inbounds pass to him there. A terrible place to throw the ball in, hemming a non-ball handler in on the baseline. Of course, he could have picked out someone on his own team to throw the ball to, but we were in a position to hold for one shot - the ball needs to go to our guards so they can manage the clock. Or a guard has to come get it.

The screen looked like a pretty decent screen to me and kind of a strange whistle, but to the degree that an illegal screen could be called, that's on Bazz - making his move before the screener gets set.

Reaction Score
Nolan it seems could benefit from private lessons (during the season). Hell all of our bigs could for that matter. Any big man coaches out there?

Reaction Score
Nolan has shown nice improvement from last year, which is all one can ask. Because he's thin, he may be a Hilton-type who blossoms as his body fills in. If he stars as a Senior, I'd be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom