Nolan | The Boneyard

Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Should get more PT. He had 6 pts and 5 boards in 8 minutes. Kept us in the game at one point. Olander stats hardly look better in 33 min and Wolf didnt do much but foul tonight. Nolan is extremely athletic and can improve alot if given the opportunity. I think Ollie needs to give him more time just my opinion.

Reaction Score
Should get more PT. He had 6 pts and 5 boards in 8 minutes. Kept us in the game at one point. Olander stats hardly look better in 33 min and Wolf didnt do much but foul tonight. Nolan is extremely athletic and can improve alot if given the opportunity. I think Ollie needs to give him more time just my opinion.

He played well tonight, similar to (but not as good as) Wolf in the previous game. He could be a good one, but he has a long way to go. This team has talent, they need to rebound.

caw

Reaction Score
Nolans problem is that he is just too thin right now. Give him a year and proper weight training and he should be pretty good

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Kid really glides when he runs fir that height. Armstrong potential.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's a committee front court. It's weak. KO is not an alchemist. The weak hand he was given before the start of the season was the front court. Only TO played any significant minutes and he played the four where his liabilities were reduced with AD and AO. Wolf averaged a little over a minute. DD didn't play the four last season and Nolan is raw. Nolan has the greatest upside because of his athleticism. But there is no way of knowing if he can become polished.

Reaction Score
He can make free throws that's a start. Get stronger yes, gain alot of weight no- stay lean and mean. We will need him this year no doubt.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He can make free throws that's a start. Get stronger yes, gain alot of weight no- stay lean and mean. We will need him this year no doubt.

His hitting those free throws was big. Showed some composure and looked good shooting. Seems to get good position on the offensive glass.

Reaction Score
ive been impressed with what little ive seen of nolan this year. he seems like he could be a very very good player in the future. his problem is hes not very strong right now. if he gets in the weight room and can put on 10-15 lbs of muscle he could be really good. he reminds me of a poor mans chris bosh.

Reaction Score
roscoe would lead the nation in rebounding if he stuck around.

Agreed, I think this team is a Roscoe smith away from being a top 10 team. We need some toughness in there.

Phil Nolan looks like a Chris Bosh clone to me.

Reaction Score
You get Roscoe and a few rebounds with limited offense or Deandre with upside?.......this is who wants to be here so I'll take DD and work with him thanks. He definitely needs to rebound the ball much much better but his overall potential is nice. This team, as some others have stated, have 30 exhibition games this year in order to find a way to be a very good team next year. Everyone will be back more than likely, so enjoy watching them mature as these are the guys who were proud to keep the UCONN on their chest......who cares about the what-ifs with guys who took the easy way out?!?!

Reaction Score
can't wait to see what an offseason of weightlifting and food will do form him, I like what he see. A redshirt season would've probably been ideal for him if we had the numbers but then again if we had bodies he might not have come here. he's getting a great opportunity to learn on the job and he responded with a nice bounce back effort because after what I saw on Friday I figured he would be a nonfactor for the rest of this tourney.

Reaction Score
You get Roscoe and a few rebounds with limited offense or Deandre with upside?.......this is who wants to be here so I'll take DD and work with him thanks. He definitely needs to rebound the ball much much better but his overall potential is nice. This team, as some others have stated, have 30 exhibition games this year in order to find a way to be a very good team next year. Everyone will be back more than likely, so enjoy watching them mature as these are the guys who were proud to keep the UCONN on their chest......who cares about the what-ifs with guys who took the easy way out?!?!

i wish i could like this ten more times

Reaction Score
Nolan looks like the kind of kid we love at UCONN. He comes in very raw but athletic. Appears to not have a clue when first steps out on the floor in a UCONN uniform. But as time goes by he works hard to improve and graduates being a big part of another NCAA title and a distinguished member of the UCONN family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom