Nolan didn't touch that ball | The Boneyard

Nolan didn't touch that ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Should have been our possession with 3 seconds left. Do you agree?

Reaction Score
I thought it hit his elbow... the trajectory and speed of the ball seemed to change, based on the TV replay.

Reaction Score
The announcers kept saying it was obviously off UConn. But it look like the Yale guy knocked it out. At the least, it was ambiguous.

Reaction Score
Just got home and didn't watch the game, but I can say with pretty high confidence it was off Nolan

Reaction Score
Couldn't tell but does it matter? Yale played a horrible game and we played below their level. No rebounding. No movement. All one on one.

H

huskymagic

Clearly off of Nolan's elbow. The good news we know what the problem is and how to fix it.

H

huskymagic

Clearly off of Nolan's elbow. The good news we know what the problem is and how to fix it.

Reaction Score
It clearly hit Phil. Seemed to maybe hit Yale's dude after but more or less it "I play defense with my arms glued to my chest because once a game I draw a charge and 4 times a game dudes hit shot over me" Nolan last.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
maybe if Nolan scored a point or grabbed a rebound.
the last three seconds, wouldn't have mattered.
dude is big and useless on the court, this year.

Reaction Score
It hit Phil's elbow and then went off the Yalies hand. It was the hand that knocked it back. 50/50 call with no proof either way but definitely should not have been overturned.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Nolan was too busy trying to draw the charge to even bother going for the exposed or loose ball.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
It hit Phil's elbow and then went off the Yalies hand. It was the hand that knocked it back. 50/50 call with no proof either way but definitely should not have been overturned.

Bingo!!! We have a winner!

Sears lost the ball, it bounced off Nolan's upper arm back toward Sears, and Sears knocked it straight out of bounds pushing it with his finger tips. It didn't help that Nolan flung his arm back in the same direction, but that was after the ball was rapidly clearing the immediate area. Replay isn't crystal clear because the clear angle wasn't captured, but there is no way that ball travels in that direction, at that rate of speed, if it then hits Nolan again before going out of bounds. It's really just physics, and there is no way that call should have been changed, but you can't expect refs to understand the physics of the game they are officiating. Most everyone else seemed to not be able to process what they saw to the point they believed the call was correctly overturned, so I'm not surprised the refs saw it that way too.

And that's not why we lost, but it did keep us from sealing a game against an inferior opponent that made us look like a team that has no idea how to run an offense.

Reaction Score
It's Phil Nolan. If he didn't touch it, it wouldn't have been a bad play. But since all phil Nolan does is screw up then he obviously touched it.

When I saw the replay it did look like maybe it was off the Yale player. But then I realized its phil Nolan, so it was clearly off him because, well all phil does is screw up and simply letting a player dribble off himself out of bounds is something phil can't allow. He must step in and screw up and give them the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom