Noel will be part of the 2012 class | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Noel will be part of the 2012 class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But Noel and Bennett would be great replacements for AD and AO!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It's interesting how these things sometimes work out. Purvis looks like a great talent and I hope we get him. A bird in the hand and all that. If we don't, then we may actually have a little more room to try to get both Noel and Bennett. We could very easily get neither, but JC has finally gotten to the place where we just may keep getting some of the top kids that we never quite could land in the past. Based on pretty much nothing, I seem to get a better vibe about our chances with Bennett and I would just love to see him as a Husky. Perhaps Noel will come to see that being a Husky is really where his talent will shine. JC would build the whole defense around him and he would be swatting shots in record numbers. Oh well, wait and see. Don't want to get ahead of myself here....this year could be a lot of fun.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
noel would be the better get, not to mention he is local to boot.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It seems like the coaches are going for a 3 man class in 2012, and the focus was on bigs after Omar committed. Purvis is a big time target, and he seemed pretty stoked on UCONN after his visit and sit down with the coaches. However, all signs seem to indicate he is headed to NCSU...I thought that was weird but now with the announcement from Noel it kind of makes sense. Is it possible that the coaches heard that Noel was going to reclassify so the #1 and #2 priorities became Bennett and Noel, rather than Bennett and Purvis?

Honestly if we can nab any 1 of those 3 I'd say it's a big win for us, but either of those two scenarios would be OK with me! (personally prefer locking down the future monster frontcourt of Bennett and Purvis!)

Recruiting is dicey. It appears from what I've been reading on this forum, JC and KO have been spending more time watching and recruiting Bennett than Purvis or Noel.. But my knowledge is limited so I hope those more knowledgeable would correct me if I'm wrong.

It is hard to know if two spots will be open next season, never mind three or four. The reason is because it is hard to predict which, if any players will go pro next season and what will be the apr consequences next season. Every one is predicting Jeremy and Andre are gone after this season and possibly Alex as well, but none of this is certain particularly in Andre's case if the NBA changes its rules.

So if all three recruits are available and want to come it is hard to be certain what the coaches preferences would be. It appears the majority of posters think Noel would be the best player of the three. I want all three, but that isn't happening so any one or two of the three would be great. If none choose UConn I'm sure the staff is looking at other players that will be gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom