Noel will be part of the 2012 class | The Boneyard

Noel will be part of the 2012 class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Huge news. He would be absolutely perfect for Uconn and Uconn would be perfect for him.

Reaction Score
I love Nerlens. His defensive ability is unreal and he would fit in perfectly at UConn.

Reaction Score
just curious; who wouldn't think this kid would be a "perfect fit" for their school?

Reaction Score
just curious; who wouldn't think this kid would be a "perfect fit" for their school?

He would be an amazing get for any school. I think his talents may be somewhat (to a very slight degree) misused if he were playing in a zone. Uconn has a history of having amazing shot blockers and their defensive philosophy seemingly forever has been to have guard playing pressure defense and funneling guards to the middle, where they meet guys like Okafor, Thabeet, and hopefully Noel.

Reaction Score
I would absolutely love to have Noel but isn't there a pretty good chance that with the new CBA players have to stay 2 years and that would make drummond stay.? I don't know Noel's personaility but, would he be willing to come here and have to come off the bench?

Reaction Score
I'm sorry my link is not working can someone summarize the news? Is it just that he reclassified?

Thanks

Reaction Score
I want Bennett more.. I have some strange feeling Noel will end up at Cuse

Reaction Score
Scout says barring a change Noel will be in 2012 thats it.

I agree with Walker Shotblockers and UConn are like Uk and one and done PGS.

Reaction Score
I would def want Noel more. Lets say AD and AO go pro and we add Bennett where would he play? Bennett cant play the five which hurts. If we add Noel even if we lost AO and AD we would still have SN OC DD RS and Noel. Little better fit for what we need to me at least.

Reaction Score
So between Noel and Bennett (and to a lesser extent, Obekpa), I would think UConn's focus for 2012 has shifted primarily to big men...which makes sense considering there's a good chance both Oriakhi and Drummond won't be back.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if he goes to cuse he is playing behind 2 big guys(fabjello and i forget the other guys name). if he comes here he beats out wolf/olander/brad for a big man starting spot easy.

Reaction Score
I would absolutely love to have Noel but isn't there a pretty good chance that with the new CBA players have to stay 2 years and that would make drummond stay.? I don't know Noel's personaility but, would he be willing to come here and have to come off the bench?

if freshmen like drummond have to stay in school a second year, it makes it very likely that oriakhi would make the jump to the nba after this year.

Reaction Score
He will never play behind Fab Melo, and he could start next to C.J. Fair.

Playing time won't be an issue wherever he goes (although you would think a great shotblocking talent like that wouldn't want to stand around uselessly in a zone for a year).

Reaction Score
Cuse has Rakeem Christmas and Dejuan Coleman has always thought to be a cuse lean. He would obviously play but it is more crowded at Syracuse.

Reaction Score
I want Bennett more.. I have some strange feeling Noel will end up at Cuse

Why Bennet over Noel?

I've seen Noel play and he's a game changer. We need to keep that Tilton pipeline flowing. I'd take Noel over Bennett any day.

Reaction Score
It seems like the coaches are going for a 3 man class in 2012, and the focus was on bigs after Omar committed. Purvis is a big time target, and he seemed pretty stoked on UCONN after his visit and sit down with the coaches. However, all signs seem to indicate he is headed to NCSU...I thought that was weird but now with the announcement from Noel it kind of makes sense. Is it possible that the coaches heard that Noel was going to reclassify so the #1 and #2 priorities became Bennett and Noel, rather than Bennett and Purvis?

Honestly if we can nab any 1 of those 3 I'd say it's a big win for us, but either of those two scenarios would be OK with me! (personally prefer locking down the future monster frontcourt of Bennett and Purvis!)

Reaction Score
I think we would all be thrilled to have either one come to UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom