Nobody except Oregon wants to play in Bridgeport.. | The Boneyard

Nobody except Oregon wants to play in Bridgeport..

Reaction Score
The Terps are already making excuses on why they will not play well because UCONN will have too many fans...OK

Next, UCLA players are not looking forward to the long flight from LA to CT and they fear it will be too cold. The last time I checked, the game will be played inside the Webster Bank arena.....Both MD and UCLA bus drivers need to keep their buses running, because they will be both heading back to Bradley right after the game......Go Oregon!!!!!

Reaction Score
The Terps are already making excuses on why they will not play well because UCONN will have too many fans...OK

Next, UCLA players are not looking forward to the long flight from LA to CT and they fear it will be too cold. The last time I checked, the game will be played inside the Webster Bank arena.....Both MD and UCLA bus drivers need to keep their buses running, because they will be both heading back to Bradley right after the game.Go Oregon!!!!!
Jet lag---rarely spoken of these days but it is an issue---and the issue is more felt west to east. For what ever reason the circadian rhythm is thrown off at least that is what a study by the US Military found.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
No sympathy here.

Its like playing on your home court for the first 2 rounds - be a 4 seed or higher. If not, don't complain.

MD & UCLA don't want to play in Bridgeport - next time have a better record (UCLA) or a stronger Out of conference schedule (Maryland).

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Next, UCLA players are not looking forward to the long flight from LA to CT and they fear it will be too cold. The last time I checked, the game will be played inside the Webster Bank arena.....Both MD and UCLA bus drivers need to keep their buses running, because they will be both heading back to Bradley right after the game.Go Oregon!!!!!
Bradley? No my friend, NYC airports. Bradley too far.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Jet lag---rarely spoken of these days but it is an issue---and the issue is more felt west to east. For what ever reason the circadian rhythm is thrown off at least that is what a study by the US Military found.
Isn't our region the early one on Saturday morning as well? Boy is UCLA in for some hurt...:p

Reaction Score
Does UCLA not have the option of flying in a few days early to lessen any jet lag?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Isn't our region the early one on Saturday morning as well? Boy is UCLA in for some hurt...:p
Oregon-MD is the early game at 11:36, followed by UCLA-UConn

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Maryland will beat Oregon like tOSU did in the 2014 Natty and they know that, why wouldn't they be thinking about the Regional Final against Connecticut?

Reaction Score
I live in Oregon, OSU graduate, and rabid OSU Sports Fan. I usually root for OSU every weekend, and, whatever team is playing the UO Ducks. But I am ecstatic about this UO Women's Basketball Team, and their coaching staff. They are going to be a royal pain in the rear for the PAC-12 teams in the coming years. They won't bow to Maryland, and will challenge Maryland. In fact, I believe this game will be competitive through the 4th quarter. In summary, I am rooting for the Ducks against Maryland. I hope Maryland is looking past Oregon.

Reaction Score
Honestly, the PAC has become my favorite conference outside of the AAC (I'm loyal...). They have really made WBB a priority and have some amazingly talented coaches. There's so many good story-lines - Oregon's rise, Tara Van der Veer's record/consistency, Kelsey Plum, conference depth, and Scott Rueck (IMO one of the best coaches in the women's game).

The PAC has really stepped it up in recent years and is a real value add to WBB. I'll easily be rooting for them ahead of anyone in the ACC, SEC, Big Ten, or Big 12.

Reaction Score
Maryland will beat Oregon like tOSU did in the 2014 Natty and they know that, why wouldn't they be thinking about the Regional Final against Connecticut?
Well, OK... but there is an old adage that the next game is the most important game...and if you're looking beyond the next team you are to play, it just might cost you a chance to move on. Just sayin'... It's Sweet 16 time... no one should be looking past the next opponent...

Reaction Score
Go to this link to hear 2 phone interviews: Sydney Wiese, point guard at OSU, and, Kelly Graves, UO Head Coach

Ducks and Beavers would love an all-Oregon NCAA championship

If Portland or Seattle were smart, they'd put in for a Final Four bid next round. The NCAA would be crazy not to select a Northwest location with Oregon State, Washington, and Oregon all on the way up and getting great fan support. I think a lot of these up and coming programs with strong fan support (South Carolina as well) have missed huge opportunities to encourage cities in their state to bid on either a regional or Final 4. Meanwhile we get Indianapolis and News Orleans hosting Final 4's....again...when they didn't even sellout when they last hosted. I also don't understand why Boston doesn't bid anymore when the one year we weren't good enough to make it they hosted.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I too would like to see Seattle host. Here's the schedule so far:

2018 Columbus

2019 Tampa

2020 New Orleans

On a different note, will next year's venue be sufficient motivation to keep Kelsey Mitchell at Ohio State for one more year?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't think Seattle is going to host a Final Four until there is a better option than Key Arena. It's fairly outdated at this point. I've never been in the Moda Center in Portland but assume it's a much nicer facility.

...although Seattle did get the Final 4 for women's volleyball several years ago and that was at the Key. So maybe the NCAA would consider it for women's bball.

Reaction Score
I used to fly to lowCal once a month. East to West stay up late, get up late. Pretty easy compared to the reverse.

Reaction Score
I really like this Oregon team and the coaching staff as well (of course some of that may be my Stanford fan coming through with Nicole Powell on the staff). They are a very positive group and they like to keep things light and fun.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Does UCLA not have the option of flying in a few days early to lessen any jet lag?

I would guess they'll fly in on Friday morning. If they fly charter they could land at Westchester or even Bridgeport. Otherwise one of the other NYC area airports on a non-stop.

Reaction Score
LA times is following UCLA..........My advice for MD and UCLA is have the bus drivers keep the busses running to go home after their Sat games..........

Reaction Score

Assuming you're talking about the story in the Washington Post I don't recall Maryland (the team nor the fans) saying "we're not going to play well because UCONN will have too many fans".

I just saw a bunch of fans being disappointed more tickets weren't available.

Reaction Score
I used to fly to lowCal once a month. East to West stay up late, get up late. Pretty easy compared to the reverse.
Yea the US Army expect to fly large amounts of forces to Europe to block Soviet attacks-after they began--the 82 Airborne did the tests with jetlag and sleeplessness---and the experiment failed---wast to east--could be helped with adjusting the waking hours and sleeping hours--it helps a bit--interesting thing circadian rhythm shows 25 hours is the cycle to which humans are wired not 24

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom