No Words | The Boneyard

No Words

Reaction Score
From Foxsports.com...

Speaking about Sanogo:

"I’m mad at him a little bit right now," UConn coach Dan Hurley said. "I thought he should have shot two or four more 3s in the second half. For us to win that game, I almost felt like at half he was going to have to make another 3 or two."

I simply cannot even fathom that this is the reason Hurley thinks we lost the game. Im done.

Reaction Score
Yikes. Sanogo is the last player he should be mad at. Also expecting a low volume shooter to keep up his percentages when they were now guarding him on the arc is silly. Many reasons we lost, Sanogo not shooting more threes is not one of them

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
From Foxsports.com...

Speaking about Sanogo:

"I’m mad at him a little bit right now," UConn coach Dan Hurley said. "I thought he should have shot two or four more 3s in the second half. For us to win that game, I almost felt like at half he was going to have to make another 3 or two."

I simply cannot even fathom that this is the reason Hurley thinks we lost the game. Im done.
That’s … fascinating, I guess.

Reaction Score
He really said that?! ‍SMH. Sanogo is really the only Husky that I can played a good game and he dominated his match up with Kalk

Reaction Score
I said this in another thread, he’s a great 3 point shooter from the top of the key. But Hurley shouldn’t be saying that per se depending on the context

Reaction Score
He really said that?! ‍SMH. Sanogo is really the only Husky that I can played a good game and he dominated his match up with Kalk
Yeah, said it in his pressor

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He wanted Sanogo to shoot more, I can't fathom why somebody would be angry about that

Then again, lots if angry people around here. No idea how to enjoy the ride. Every bump in the road throws them into a tailspin

RELAX

Reaction Score
He equaled his season avg in points and was above his 3 pt%. So how is Hurley right to say it was his fault? You're really relying on your 5 to be draining 3's all day? Seems like he did more than his share of the work today.
Hurley didn't say it was his fault, unless there's some part of the quote you didn't post. Because that I would not agree with. I'm just saying Sanogo was knocking down his 3's so would have had no problem with him taking a few more

Reaction Score
That comment had to have been pure sarcasm in an attempt at humor.
He says some head-scratching and worrisome things in press conferences but I have to see him actually say this or the context to see if he's joking. It's such a ridiculous thing to say I think he has to be joking.

I hope someone can provide a link.

Reaction Score
He's right, Sanogo was the only one hitting shots today
That’s an incredibly dumb quote though. Blaming the best player on our team by a mile because he didn’t do more of something he doesn’t do much of to begin with? Just pathetic of Hurley in my opinion. I wasn’t even blaming him much for this loss other than the decision to play AJ so much, but this is really stupid.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Hurley didn't say it was his fault, unless there's some part of the quote you didn't post. Because that I would not agree with. I'm just saying Sanogo was knocking down his 3's so would have had no problem with him taking a few more
That's exactly what Hurley meant , as I just watched the post game press conference. Since AS was given the space by Kalk and was converting those 3s, Hurley thought that AS should have taken a few more . That is all.

Reaction Score
It’s not a joke. Hurley actually said he would have liked Sanogo to take TEN threes. What.

I like Hurley a lot. But he starts off all of these pressers with canned cliches. Also doesn’t help that our best writers never ask the hard questions anymore.

Reaction Score
That’s an incredibly dumb quote though. Blaming the best player on our team by a mile because he didn’t do more of something he doesn’t do much of to begin with? Just pathetic of Hurley in my opinion. I wasn’t even blaming him much for this loss other than the decision to play AJ so much, but this is really stupid.
He’s not the best player on our team “by a mile”.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If it was made in seriousness it wouldn't surprise me.
If it was an off the cuff statement, it wouldn't surprise me.
If he decided to keep his mouth shut and try to coach during the game - that would surprise me
All fluff and bluster with nothing constructive to offer
It's a tiring scenario

Reaction Score
Not a joke but that's not even remotely close to how you framed his quote when you started this thread. No blame at all, he's just saying he would have liked to see a few more attempts when he's knocking down 3's
I read the quote from Foxsports.com and copied and pasted. Then I listened to the interview. Not sure what you're seeing out of context here but we can agree to disagree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom