No Triple Double for Tina | The Boneyard

No Triple Double for Tina

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
WNBA went to the video tape and disagreed with the scoring of 3 assists for Tina. I was told that one assist was of the hockey variety, but apparently a couple should have been given to Renee. Oh well. Tina will have to settle for another double-double and 7 assists for the game.

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/

BTW, her double-double last night tied her WNBA record for 22 in a season and she can set a new record in the last regular season game against NY.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
that seems a bit petty. is that like in baseball, going back after a game to take away a hit from somone because it really should have been scored an error? i mean the WNBA has enough $ to actually pay someone to review every single game to be sure every point, assist, block, steal, rebound, etc. is attributed to the right player?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
that seems a bit petty. is that like in baseball, going back after a game to take away a hit from somone because it really should have been scored an error? i mean the WNBA has enough $ to actually pay someone to review every single game to be sure every point, assist, block, steal, rebound, etc. is attributed to the right player?

I don't have a problem with checking when a rare statistical record is achieved. I doubt they go back and check on every assist recorded. Perhaps someone tipped the league off that some of the assists awarded to Tina were questionable. Turns out 3 were improperly awarded. I prefer that the stats have integrity.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This article implies all games are reviewed for statistical accuracy.

Due to the corrections, Charles finished Friday’s game with 10 points, 16 rebounds and seven assists, while Montgomery finished with six assists.
WNBA games are reviewed to ensure the accuracy of the game statistics.

Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with checking when a rare statistical record is achieved. I doubt they go back and check on every assist recorded. Perhaps someone tipped the league off that some of the assists awarded to Tina were questionable. Turns out 3 were improperly awarded. I prefer that the stats have integrity.

When I watched that game at the time I was confused about how Tina could get have been credited with ten assists in that game. At least based on my impressions of the game, I don't have a problem with this.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This article implies all games are reviewed for statistical accuracy.

Due to the corrections, Charles finished Friday’s game with 10 points, 16 rebounds and seven assists, while Montgomery finished with six assists.
WNBA games are reviewed to ensure the accuracy of the game statistics.

I'm pleased to hear that. There should be uniformity in how assists are awarded.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One does wonder how they misattributed three assists to Tina from Renee. On second thought they are almost identical in height and position on the court and confusing them happened frequently to me when I watched them at UConn. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Let us all be reminded that Tina is a CENTER! 7 or 10, either way it's damn impressive, even more so when you consider she is the first option every time down the floor.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Let us all be reminded that Tina is a CENTER! 7 or 10, either way it's damn impressive, even more so when you consider she is the first option every time down the floor.

There was a bit of a small brouhaha years ago concerning Nykesha setting the UConn career scoring record.
No...not the gift basket to set the record and the accompanying 'Nova gift. At some point well after that someone said that the stat people at Seton Hall had inadvertently credited Nykesha with a field goal in an earlier game that year....and it should have gone elsewhere. The result of that claim had both UConn and Seton Hall announcing that both were content with the stats from that game and neither would request an investigation. Those positions were entirely consistent with the stats being accurate.... or inaccurate.

Reaction Score

I don't have a problem with obvious question (like rebounds). I don't know what the deal is with the 3 assists specifically, but I hope it wasn't the kind of thing where they second-guessed whether the passes to the scoring player were close enough to the shot. That kind of thing gets sketchy.

Reaction Score
If she wins the MVP title this won't really matter. She still has tonight's game together that 3D.

Reaction Score

Yeah, but it does make you wonder what the real numbers are for wbb games in general. I mean, they got three assists wrong?

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Wonkster is right - And who's watching the watchers ???

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I want them to get it right, but she didn't play close to the whole game. IIRC, she went back in the game, and was pulled when she got her tenth. If they had done the review at the time, she could have played longer and maybe gotten three more.

I'd be a littl more unhappy if she missed it by one, but the point still applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom