No Timeline For Azzi’s Return | Page 5 | The Boneyard

No Timeline For Azzi’s Return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"No timeline will be released" seems UConn code for "she is badly injured, she won't return to play this season, and she will shortly have major surgery on her knee."
I think they'll wait a few weeks, see how her knee responds/scans look, and make a decision. If she cant play this season, the best solution may very well be to have surgery the sooner the better if she has any hope of playing next year.

Reaction Score
I just love all of the Boneyard MD's on here, maybe we should consult one of the doctors from General Hospital.Head bang
I actually played tennis many years ago with a television doctor. I dislocated my shoulder in the match and said to him " Fix it, you're a doctor". He screamed back with tears in his eyes " I only play one on TV".

Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd has bad knees. We knew that when she came to Uconn. Unfortunately, she will never, ever be all that she be because in D1 basketball the player's knees are always in jeopardy; or likely, possibly available to be banged, or stretched, or twisted etc. Also, Azzi is not a player to play through a minor injury. She is a prissy player not likely to play through a minor injury. I don't think we will see much more of her at Uconn. This knee problem will follow he into the WNBA. She likely, will be limited as a pro and will be a player who had great promise but was injured in HS and who never achieves the promise that her talent suggested. Luckily, we'll have KK Arnold, Ashlynn Shade and Allie Z in upcoming years to restore our faith in talented players. But I'm off the Azzi Fudd train......
Wow, unbelievable ….. are you sure that you wanted to post that… did you think about it for long before you hit post

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You can tear a ligament or even an ACL by stepping off of a curb, I know I tore my ACL and MCL by doing that in Nov 92. I was in a cast for 6 weeks and went through therapy for 3 months after the cast was removed. To this day my MCL still causes some pain if I step wrong, the VA wants to replace my right knee.

I have so far turned them down, because they also think that my left one will need to be replaced down the road. I would rather have to go through the rehab only once, even had one orthopedic say it would be easier with both being replaced at the same time because I would not be able to favor one over the other.

Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd has bad knees. We knew that when she came to Uconn. Unfortunately, she will never, ever be all that she be because in D1 basketball the player's knees are always in jeopardy; or likely, possibly available to be banged, or stretched, or twisted etc. Also, Azzi is not a player to play through a minor injury. She is a prissy player not likely to play through a minor injury. I don't think we will see much more of her at Uconn. This knee problem will follow he into the WNBA. She likely, will be limited as a pro and will be a player who had great promise but was injured in HS and who never achieves the promise that her talent suggested. Luckily, we'll have KK Arnold, Ashlynn Shade and Allie Z in upcoming years to restore our faith in talented players. But I'm off the Azzi Fudd train......
Heartless much?

Reaction Score
if it was simply a bruise, I'd think they'd say she's day to day or she is expected to be out for a certain number of weeks.........really disappointing.........extremely sporting of Tennessee and South Carolina to only play seven players in sympathy with UConn's plight...........:rolleyes:
Due to the challenge of the game, SC might only have the luxury of going 8 deep regardless.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This IS NOT a good report. Again, a report coming from a reporter and not the team. Azzi can't help us right now, and it appears she won't in the next few days. Not the news I wanted to hear. :( We have already proven we can win without Azzi. Let's focus on what we do have, and not on what (who) we don't.

I have a feeling Caroline and Ayanna will return before Azzi does. Just one fan's mindset, but I don't think about Azzi. I think about the players we do have, and how they can/will contribute to helping us win our next game.
Ayanna will return before Azzi. Both Azzi and Caroline ( numerous concussions) have more complicated issues. I’m sure both Fudd and Ducharme parents are watching like hawks. Hopefully Ayanna gets cleared after shootaround. That’s 8.

Reaction Score
That was way harsh!

Reaction Score
Due to the challenge of the game, SC might only have the luxury of going 8 deep regardless.
You would know better than I, but SC has 13 players averaging ten minutes or more per game and nine averaging fifteen minutes or more......I assume Boston, Beal and Cooke will get more than the 23/24 minutes they've averaged so far.........

Reaction Score
I don't think this is necessarily true. Caroline has never warmed up unless she was playing. Not every player choose too or had to warm up with the team before they play, its quite unusual in my experience.
Not my experience watching basketball. She has been reported as “out” by Geno though.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
This thread is ridiculous. Never have so many predicted so much from so little information and found ways to denigrate players, coaches and medical staff in the process.

Time to take a 12 hour chill pill from making up more stories about Azzi's knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom