No SNY, just ESPN3? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No SNY, just ESPN3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Aaahhh well. At least I'll get to sleep at a decent time that night, instead of staying up til 12 for a game I'm pretty sure I know the outcome of. I will be looking forward to game threads, possibly pictures? (from our friends out west)...and the usual, always enlightening recaps.

One advantage of being here in New Mexico: the game starts here at 8 p.m.

Reaction Score
Aaahhh well. At least I'll get to sleep at a decent time that night, instead of staying up til 12 for a game I'm pretty sure I know the outcome of. I will be looking forward to game threads, possibly pictures? (from our friends out west)...and the usual, always enlightening recaps.
Yeah. Even the Monday night game against Stanford is kind of late by the time it finishes. Glad we're getting this west coast trip out of the way, because all the games start at weird times. Since it's an ESPN3 game, I'll definitely watch the next day, or maybe Sunday since Saturday is for college football.

Reaction Score
You can't see the game because Aresco threw women's basketball into the AAC TV deal (worth $2m per school for EVERYTHING), even though no other women's team in this conference has any value. In effect, UConn gave away the right to its women's games for no money and no ability to watch the games. That is on Warde, who signed off on this crappy crappy TV deal.
No spitting match here but I would expect when one makes a comment like this they could back it up with a better choice at the time. We had a conference Commish and a AD with their backs to the wall. Both thrown to the wolves.
What would you have negotiated that might have been better? And what makes a game vs UC -Davis worth any sponsor to televise? Again no malice you maybe in the biz and I love nothing more than to learn every day. I do not see this game of any $$$$$ value other than our treasured fans. Other than that to everyone else the $$$$$ is all that matters.

Reaction Score
No spitting match here but I would expect when one makes a comment like this they could back it up with a better choice at the time. We had a conference Commish and a AD with their backs to the wall. Both thrown to the wolves.
What would you have negotiated that might have been better? And what makes a game vs UC -Davis worth any sponsor to televise? Again no malice you maybe in the biz and I love nothing more than to learn every day. I do not see this game of any $ value other than our treasured fans. Other than that to everyone else the $ is all that matters.
We're spoiled, that's really it. No other school has what we have, or have had for two decades, in terms of WCBB coverage of our team. I imagine the only way to see most WCBB teams is you either go in person or you read about it, but very few will have every game televised. Last year UConn had about half of its 40 games not just televised, but broadcast on a national network.

Reaction Score
Fuller's info refers to UVerse. There is no UVerse here anymore. Frontier's answers to questions is, "We are working on it". So perhaps by Friday we will have ESPN 3.

Reaction Score
But SNY lists "UCONN Women's Basketball Pregame" prior to the Bryant at UCONN game?

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
So what if you live in the midwest and want to watch the games on SNY?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
So what if you live in the midwest and want to watch the games on SNY?

I live in Illinois. Direct TV carries SNY. But it does not (yet) pay the required fees so that its DTV customers can get ESPN3. I get that from my ISP, which is Mediacom. They are a big cable TV /ISP provider in the midwest.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Fuller's info refers to UVerse. There is no UVerse here anymore. Frontier's answers to questions is, "We are working on it". So perhaps by Friday we will have ESPN 3.

I doubt that very much. I'm still having multiple outages every day. In fact since they took over I have only had ONE day with no outages (When I was paying attention anyway). Just tried to sign in to ESPN3 and it told me "No provider" and Frontier isn't even an option on the drop down menu. Arghhh!!!!

Reaction Score
I live in Illinois. Direct TV carries SNY. But it does not (yet) pay the required fees so that its DTV customers can get ESPN3. I get that from my ISP, which is Mediacom. They are a big cable TV /ISP provider in the midwest.

Oh boy you're bringing me back to my EIU days with that mediacom ref. Hello, (former) neighbor!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
So I need to sign up for two things: Direct TV and also Mediacom? What if I did everything with Comcast? I guess I need to see if they carry SYN and if they pay the fees for ESPN3. I'll let you know what I find out.

Reaction Score
So I need to sign up for two things: Direct TV and also Mediacom? What if I did everything with Comcast? I guess I need to see if they carry SYN and if they pay the fees for ESPN3. I'll let you know what I find out.
SNY is carried by Comcast (sports pack). That is why I won't sign up for Triple Play with MetroNet (lousy sports package).

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I emailed FRONTIER and they say call tech support, which only confirms they haven't solved it yet. What a joke.

Reaction Score
I still can't believe that a giant like DirecTV does not offer this service. I understand there is a cost involved but you would have to think that they could pass the cost on to the customers and it would literally be pennies.

Reaction Score
Who knows the options for either recording this or watching it the next day? I suspect you would need some kind of streaming TV recorder to record. As for watching it later, does ESPN3 usually rebroadcast the next day? The games is just too late for this aging old geezer to make it through without major blackouts the next day. I am pretty adept with most computer things however.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Who knows the options for either recording this or watching it the next day? I suspect you would need some kind of streaming TV recorder to record. As for watching it later, does ESPN3 usually rebroadcast the next day? The games is just too late for this aging old geezer to make it through without major blackouts the next day. I am pretty adept with most computer things however.
ESPN3 typically has all their sports programs available for replay within a few hours of the completion of their live broadcast. I have never used a program to record live streaming onto a computer but know that they exist, though they do not necessarily work with every streaming service.

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
UVerse was my ISP and landline telephone provider, so when Frontier took those functions over I lost my access to ESPN3. Optimum is my cable TV provider. I just signed up for WatchESPN with my Optimum ID and PW and I am also getting ESPN3. Hooray!

Screw you Frontier. Even though Cablevision has driven me crazy from time to time over the past 40 years, I am seriously considering moving to them for Internet and telephone. Will do so if Frontier keeps acting like a mom and pop phone company.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I live in a community that doesnt have a contract for ESPN3, PAC 12 Network, or SEC Network. However one of my friends lives elsewhere and does have all three. My friend set me up with an e-mail account, she gets 7 e-mails accounts to use from her cable company. I then log into those networks using that cable account log in and get all three channels streaming on my computer. The e-mail account that I was set up has no privledges to change the cable agreement, nor add channels, etc. It is something that parents might set up for their kids going away to school. Streaming works on my PC, laptop, and smartphone. So if any of you don't get it and have a friend who can do this for you it should work.

Reaction Score
According to the watch espn site, the UC Davis game doesn't have the little "key" symbol
with it.

Can I take that to mean that you don't need an approved cable provider to watch the
game on espn3?

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
SNY is carried by Comcast (sports pack). That is why I won't sign up for Triple Play with MetroNet (lousy sports package).
This is good news for me. I think I'll get the package. Does Comcast have ESPN3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom