NO ONE outworks Adama! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NO ONE outworks Adama!

Reaction Score
So you’d summarize Clingan’s play as “more than serviceable”. Man, stingy with praise … he’s been AWESOME!

Also, I think the value of Clingan as a nasty backup has been fully appreciated by many people, many times.

Fairly simple we’re better offensively with Sanogo and when DC steps in our stinginess on defense doubles.

Great 1-2!

Reaction Score
After Sanogo hit his second three, Larranaga looked defeated. He probably set his entire game plan on harassing the guards so that Sanogo couldn’t get the ball in his spots, so Adama splashed back to back threes as a result. That was 3 minutes into the game.

When Sanogo is making threes, getting deep position, and driving from the perimeter to the hoop, with 7’2 Clingan waiting his turn, what can you do against it other than hope UConn misses?

Reaction Score
He's been amazing but Kemba had 125 points and 34 assists through the first 5 tournament games including rattling off 18 points in a row when SDSU was leading UConn in the second half.
Kemba, of course, absolutely was amazing. We don’t win that championship without him.

But without going back to check, I’m pretty sure Kemba scored that many points in something very close to 40 minutes per game. Kemba never left the floor. Adama has his points in 25 mpg.

And, again without going back to check, I’m pretty sure Kemba scored that many points on a lot more shots than Adama, not coming close to Adama’s 60 percent shooting. And how many of Kemba’s points came off three’s? Adama is 2-4 from three in the tournament. And how many of Kemba’s points came from the free throw line? Adama does not get to the line all that often even though he gets many of his points with two guys hanging off his arms.

And Kemba always had the ball in his hand. Adama has to get his by getting open and relying on his teammates to get him the ball. Much more difficult.

Kemba is all-time Husky great. Love him. Adama still needs to finish on Monday and then this will be a good offseason debate.

My point is, and has been all year, we should appreciate the greatness of Adama Sanogo because it’s very rare.

Reaction Score
He's been amazing but Kemba had 125 points and 34 assists through the first 5 tournament games including rattling off 18 points in a row when SDSU was leading UConn in the second half.

Agree but you simply cannot compare a PG to a center. Ball touches are day and night. This is what makes Adama so other worldly.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He is making choosing a starting five of UConn greats even more difficult.
He is on the verge of edging either Ricky or Boat out of mine.

Reaction Score
Fairly simple we’re better offensively with Sanogo and when DC steps in our stinginess on defense doubles.

Great 1-2!

This switch, only made possible in our arsenal, made the opposing team flustered and dumbfounded when playing against us for the first time no matter how prepared and well they scouted us.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Adama has been great this Tourney. His game is better now than ever. The corner drive along the baseline was special. His help D is greatly improved. His vision and passing is better, and he’s cut down on dribbling in the paint. Super improvements all around that don’t all show on the stat sheets. Still hate him taking 3s, but it certainly worked like a charm.
The two three pointers early begat the drive along the baseline later. Without those two makes, the defender would have stayed home and let him have the three he faked setting up for. Instead he charged out there, and gave Adama a relatively easy path to the basket.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Kimball was national leader in rebounds. His average per game was staggering. He had 25rpg games. Kimball is numero uno, I can tell you I was in the old field house so many years ago watching Kimball wreck many a team with his incredible performances. His predecessor, Art Quimby, was a 6'5" center who probably has all the UConn rebounding records despite his size. Okafor was great, but Kimball, to this observer, had no peers.
Quimby and Kimball were incredible. But they were from a different era of UConn basketball. From my perspective, Everything post the formation of the Big East has to be measured on a different scale.

Reaction Score
03C92FB8-7E68-48E3-A9C0-277164B82474.jpeg

Adama uses a quick first step to beat his man off the dribble, splits two defenders and finishes at the rim in a baseline drive as the Miami cheerleaders look on in amazement.

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
Great inside game, ability to shoot left hand or right hand, magnificent feet work, the ability to shoot threes adds a whole new dimension. I think the best move of the day was at 18:21 of the 2nd half when he took the pass at the corner, did a pump fake past Omier and drove the baseline for the layup. Nantz was flabbergasted. Not too many 6-9, 245 Centers could do that. The Adamanator can't be stopped. A living legend, one game away from the or the wall.

Reaction Score
The Adaminator!

Looking forward to a classic performance tonight.

Then, after the game maybe he will say “I’ll be back”.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Given how (relatively) little competitive basketball he's played in his life, he is one of the most impressive players to ever put on a UConn jersey. This dude has only been playing since he was 15 and is not only one of the most technically proficient back-to-the-basket bigs we've seen in a number of years in college basketball, but has added a very competent outside game and improved tremendously as a facilitator. I have no idea what his future holds after this year but he's been an absolute pleasure to watch.

Reaction Score
Given how (relatively) little competitive basketball he's played in his life, he is one of the most impressive players to ever put on a UConn jersey. This dude has only been playing since he was 15 and is not only one of the most technically proficient back-to-the-basket bigs we've seen in a number of years in college basketball, but has added a very competent outside game and improved tremendously as a facilitator. I have no idea what his future holds after this year but he's been an absolute pleasure to watch.
Nailed it@WhereistheDove? ..Among other things..I've been impressed with his mind/brain/laser focus on the task at hand.. Never questioning himself/his teammates/his coaches/the scout.. His skill development while at UConn should be Exhibit A for recruits considering our Program..

Got that electric smile once the game is over and he can chill and get his interview with Fanta out of the way.Forty more minutes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
His footwork is light years ahead of Timme, and fundamentally sound. Now he added a few dimensions of the game such as outside shooting, and dribble layup from 3 point line, more importantly passing. The player development in this season has been conspicuously off the charts.

Reaction Score
Those are the UConn cheerleaders. Just saying.
Omg. Not sure how I made that mistake. And because I seem to have missed the window to edit and I absolutely don’t want to mess with that kind of bad mojo at this hour the only way to fix this is to rerun it.

99A0C390-CB7B-4615-AE82-847310A2BC16.jpeg

Adama uses a quick first step to beat his man off the dribble, splits two defenders and finishes at the rim in a baseline drive as the UConn cheerleaders look on in amazement.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Emeka was player of the year and insane defensively.

1. Emeka
2. Sanogo

And that's nos light on Sanogo. Who is a better post player than Emeka, which in itself is a pretty amazing thing to say.

If either guy had the others’ offensive/defensive game they’d make the greatest college center ever I think

Reaction Score
Go back to the mid 60’s and add Toby Kimball to that list.
WAY Before my time OG. But I’ll defer to the older Husky fans on that one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom