NO ONE outworks Adama! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NO ONE outworks Adama!

Reaction Score
Emeka was player of the year and insane defensively.

1. Emeka
2. Sanogo

And that's nos light on Sanogo. Who is a better post player than Emeka, which in itself is a pretty amazing thing to say.
Those two going 1v1 would be something

Reaction Score
You got to have Toby Kimball in that mix!
Kimball was national leader in rebounds. His average per game was staggering. He had 25rpg games. Kimball is numero uno, I can tell you I was in the old field house so many years ago watching Kimball wreck many a team with his incredible performances. His predecessor, Art Quimby, was a 6'5" center who probably has all the UConn rebounding records despite his size. Okafor was great, but Kimball, to this observer, had no peers.

Reaction Score
When comparing all time UConn greats consider this:

Adama Sanogo is the first UConn player with 100+ points and 40+ rebounds in a single tournament. And he is doing it while playing 25 minutes per. And there is still one more game to go!

Simply put, Adama Sanogo is having the greatest tournament in UConn history.

Reaction Score
You got to have Toby Kimball in that mix!

Most are too young to know this. Adama has been tremendous in this tourney, especially on the offensive end. It’s not that close with Emeka who is easily the best ever based on how impactful he was on both ends, but give the kid his due. There’s others but for now, he’s making his bid to be one of them.

Reaction Score
It's unfortunate that the new NBA doesn't seem to have a place for a kid with the heart and drive of Adama. Some of these projected lottery picks didn't do 1/2 of what he has. Maybe this tourney performance will get him a shot.

Reaction Score
Huge key to the game. Hurley clearly wanted to drag Omier outside to impact Miami’s rebounding. So Adama gets the green light and hits them both.

Hurley talked about this being Luke and Kimani's idea briefly in the post game, I think. Great to see us putting trust in our assistants. These guys are going to have great careers ahead of them.

Reaction Score
It's unfortunate that the new NBA doesn't seem to have a place for a kid with the heart and drive of Adama. Some of these projected lottery picks didn't do 1/2 of what he has. Maybe this tourney performance will get him a shot.

Despite the tourney he’s had todays NBA hasn’t changed. He’d be fortunate to grab a roster spot if at all. Unfortunately there’s lots of kids who are just really damn good college basketball players. He and Timme I’m afraid join that grouping despite special careers.

Reaction Score
Adama has been great all season. I remember watching his first game two years ago being amazed at his footwork and thinking he was going to be special. Now, his efficiency is off the charts. Add in three pointers and an occasional drive from the outside? Have fun trying to defend him! And now, during this tournament run, his defense has been elevated back to where it was previously. The guy couldn't do any more. He's been amazing.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Adama has been great this Tourney. His game is better now than ever. The corner drive along the baseline was special. His help D is greatly improved. His vision and passing is better, and he’s cut down on dribbling in the paint. Super improvements all around that don’t all show on the stat sheets. Still hate him taking 3s, but it certainly worked like a charm.
That drive was my favorite play . I don’t remember any similar moves by him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They do. He will make it in the NBA. His athleticism is better than people think, witness some of the blocks and his ability in transition. People thought he couldn’t pass, and that was wrong. He can dribble and shoot 3s. Did anybody notice his D last night? He was guarding Miami’s wings and guards and was critical to stopping their penetration.

He’s going to get to the combine and probably blow some people’s minds. He’s a great swing 4-5 for the NBA.

Reaction Score
Classic Adama quote on three pointers.. "When I saw him dropping, like he was not closing out, I took my time and was like.--All right, since you're not closing out, this is my shot. I'm shooting it."
I wonder if that shot of his was part of the scouting report on Sanogo. He hadn’t attempted any all tournament besides one against Gonzaga, which he missed.

Imagine just watching all his post work, spending a week preparing for it, then he buries 2 of those in the first five minutes. Imagine the fear Miami must have felt lol

Less than fully appreciated in all this, and namely the fact that he’s doing all this in 25mpg, is that Clingan is allowing him all that rest because he has been more than serviceable all season.

Reaction Score
Hurley talked about this being Luke and Kimani's idea briefly in the post game, I think. Great to see us putting trust in our assistants. These guys are going to have great careers ahead of them.
True. Don’t think they are leaving yet though as there really aren’t any upgrades to the current tiles they have and Luke just got here. He may like some stability and an associate HC role after a Kimani. K needs an AAC or solidcA10 job. Vcu? Temple? Something like that.

Reaction Score
I wonder if that shot of his was part of the scouting report on Sanogo. He hadn’t attempted any all tournament besides one against Gonzaga, which he missed.

Imagine just watching all his post work, spending a week preparing for it, then he buries 2 of those in the first five minutes. Imagine the fear Miami must have felt lol

Less than fully appreciated in all this, and namely the fact that he’s doing all this in 25mpg, is that Clingan is allowing him all that rest because he has been more than serviceable all season.
One of Hurley comments in post game presser was they wanted to draw Adama's defender--Omier-- out of the paint area as much as possible--Keep him away from the boards.... Which that action did do.. I think the fact that he played him soft and wasn't closing out surprised Adama.. And of course he took advantage of that..

Reaction Score
Adama averaging 20 and 10 in the tournament.

Just dominating. But really, he’s done it all year.

“They thought they could win. They could not.”
That’s a classic comment by Adama :) It should be posterized and placed on a plaque!

Reaction Score
When comparing all time UConn greats consider this:

Adama Sanogo is the first UConn player with 100+ points and 40+ rebounds in a single tournament. And he is doing it while playing 25 minutes per. And there is still one more game to go!

Simply put, Adama Sanogo is having the greatest tournament in UConn history.
He's been amazing but Kemba had 125 points and 34 assists through the first 5 tournament games including rattling off 18 points in a row when SDSU was leading UConn in the second half.

Reaction Score
So you’d summarize Clingan’s play as “more than serviceable”. Man, stingy with praise … he’s been AWESOME!

Also, I think the value of Clingan as a nasty backup has been fully appreciated by many people, many times.

Reaction Score
True. Don’t think they are leaving yet though as there really aren’t any upgrades to the current tiles they have and Luke just got here. He may like some stability and an associate HC role after a Kimani. K needs an AAC or solidcA10 job. Vcu? Temple? Something like that.

Fwiw I've heard Kimani is going to have a harder time than we think getting a job, but both have been getting HC interest this off-season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom