No Omar or Lubin tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Omar or Lubin tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If they were sent home early as posted previously I am led to believe it was a bit more than just missing curfew.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Omar Calhoun and Rakim Lubin starring in...

stallone-the-expendables-2.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
All four of those players should look up the word "expendable" and then spend the hours between now and the team's arrival back on campus hoping and praying.
I don't know why, but I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at this. Spot on.

Reaction Score
If they were sent home early as posted previously I am led to believe it was a bit more than just missing curfew.

You're probably right - if it was as innocuous as breaking a curfew, they're probably still on the bench in suits. This is worrisome.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
You gotta love the emotional pendulum that the Boneyard is. In a few minutes we've gone from probably a few minutes late and no big deal to going home early is worrisome and potentially expendable.

I'm quite sure we'll have several more turns of emotions and some really random thoughts about what happened before anyone really knows anything.

Reaction Score
All four of those players should look up the word "expendable" and then spend the hours between now and the team's arrival back on campus hoping and praying.
Agree with you but that would put us at 8 scholarship players, that would be disastrous.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Overreact much.
I don't think its an overreaction. He was on the brink of being taken out of the rotation heading into this game.

Reaction Score
You're probably right - if it was as innocuous as breaking a curfew, they're probably still on the bench in suits. This is worrisome.
The team was planning on staying an extra day on Monday for fun, if you get suspended for a game I doubt KO is letting you stick around to enjoy that.

Reaction Score
^Didn't realize that, I guess we'll just have to wait to see if they're active for Texas.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
What's the over/under number on how many times the announcers will bring it up tonight?

Reaction Score
Christian Foxen added to the roster for tonight. 6'9" freshman.

I was Christian's English teacher for a few years at Rocky Hill. He's just an awesome, awesome kid who had a dream to play for UConn. He did a post-grad year at South Kent and had some D2 and D3 offers. I talked to him last week and he was ecstatic that they even invited him to go to PR with the team. Really, really happy for him.

Reaction Score
What's the over/under number on how many times the announcers will bring it up tonight?

Does it paint UConn in a negative light? That should answer your question.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was Christian's English teacher for a few years at Rocky Hill. He's just an awesome, awesome kid who had a dream to play for UConn. He did a post-grad year at South Kent and had some D2 and D3 offers. I talked to him last week and he was ecstatic that they even invited him to go to PR with the team. Really, really happy for him.
Thanks for sharing that. Pretty cool silver lining.

Reaction Score
boog204 said:

That's awesome. We can now expect you to step up your game as a recruiting insider. Just be vague, so you don't get Christian in trouble.

Reaction Score
Let's pump the brakes here boys. Remember when Olander got nabbed for his "DUI" and the board was prepared to not only tear the uniform off his back but draw and quarter him in the town square as well?

Are these kids expendable? Sure, in one sense they are. Should they be, if this isn't a big deal? No. I'm sure KO will handle this as well as he's handled everything else that has come up under his watch. In the meantime, let's all enjoy the game and avoid slapping them with scarlet letters until we know the whole story.

Reaction Score
That's awesome. We can now expect you to step up your game as a recruiting insider. Just be vague, so you don't get Christian in trouble.

Ha, all I feel "confident" saying is that him and Tremont Waters were good friends.

Reaction Score
Lubin will see time this year because who's after Phil? Facey is really a 4 so we are thin up front. Now Omar has really not been missed so far, so he better show something when he gets his chance.

Reaction Score
Well they just did, but considering Lubin has been the only one to "contribute" anything, I don't imagine it will be a significant point. In fact, one of the guys turned it in to a positive thing about how UConn runs its program.

I imagine it would be like if Facey was suspended last November

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Can confirm they were sent home because they were out late.. they were caught leaving the hotel past curfew. Pat Lenehan is also home but for academic reasons.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Can confirm they were sent home because they were out late.. they were caught leaving the hotel past curfew. Pat Lenehan is also home but for academic reasons.

Thank you. I was wondering where the speculation here was going to lead. Half expected someone to start assuming that felonies had been committed.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
If they were caught leaving after curfew, then Ollie did the right thing. This doesn't hurt our reputation, it makes it. Ollie is not going to take bad behavior from team members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom