No official review of Moore's elbow... | The Boneyard

No official review of Moore's elbow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
to Purvis's neck/face. ESPN didn't even give us a good angle of it. I saw a ref just have the two shake hands and make up. I'm sorry, this isn't the playground go to the monitor. Are they not supposed to review any shots above the shoulders? I know we ended up losing by 20 or whatever but that was a huge moment in the game. We had all the momentum and should have had 2 shots and the ball too. Couldn't have cut it to 8-5 pts (granted it would have been Rodney shooting freethrows cant take that for granted). Instead SMU goes on a huge run and its lights out.

Reaction Score
to Purvis's neck/face. ESPN didn't even give us a good angle of it. I saw a ref just have the two shake hands and make up. I'm sorry, this isn't the playground go to the monitor. Are they not supposed to review any shots above the shoulders? I know we ended up losing by 20 or whatever but that was a huge moment in the game. We had all the momentum and should have had 2 shots and the ball too. Couldn't have cut it to 8-5 pts (granted it would have been Rodney shooting freethrows cant take that for granted). Instead SMU goes on a huge run and its lights out.
Moore should have been ejected. Purvis didn't look like he flopped.

Reaction Score
What the hell?

As OP noted, we didn't get a good angle on it.

Looked like minimal contact and Purvis overreacting to me. Did not look like a big deal on the bad angle we had. Maybe the ref saw it clearly and didn't to go to the monitor.

Purvis seems to have a temper - this is the second time he's gotten into it with an opposing player. He needs to make sure he doesn't get a technical at a bad time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Moore should have been ejected. Purvis didn't look like he flopped.

Impossible to assert considering there wasn't any review and ESPN never showed any other angles. Sgt Shultz approves.

Reaction Score
What the hell?

Looked like minimal contact and Purvis overreacting to me. Did not look like a big deal on the bad angle we had. Maybe the ref saw it clearly and didn't to go to the monitor.

Purvis seems to have a temper - this is the second time he's gotten into it with an opposing player. He needs to make sure he doesn't get a technical at a bad time.

I think jumping up after being elbowed to the ground is more human nature than indicative of a temper. It's a short list of players who wouldn't have done the same thing. And for the record, Moore was the only one who got called for anything there so he did manage to control himself.

Reaction Score
I think jumping up after being elbowed to the ground is more human nature than indicative of a temper. It's a short list of players who wouldn't have done the same thing. And for the record, Moore was the only one who got called for anything there so he did manage to control himself.
I agree to an extent. Purvis yelled in the kid's ear really aggressively. I'm getting old and can't remember, didn't Purvis get into it with another player in a previous game? Also sent the ill-conceived tweet. I'm just saying that I love his intensity, I just don't want it to cost us at a big moment.

Reaction Score
Impossible to assert considering there wasn't any review and ESPN never showed any other angles. Sgt Shultz approves.

It was good that the refs overturned that out of bounds on SMU though, I mean, UConn looked at the ball so might as well call it out on UConn.

Reaction Score
I agree to an extent. Purvis yelled in the kid's ear really aggressively. I'm getting old and can't remember, didn't Purvis get into it with another player in a previous game? Also sent the ill-conceived tweet. I'm just saying that I love his intensity, I just don't want it to cost us at a big moment.
I really think your disposition towards Purvis causes you to blow a lot of things out of proportion. The tweet theory, I think it was something about loyalty, would make sense if he was clearly unhappy coming off the bench. He wasn't, and started playing better as soon as he was benched. Even said it didn't matter to him as he'd do whatever helps the team. And you're the only one I've seen mention it repeatedly.

The two times Purvis has gotten into it with another player was tonight and against Caupain on Cincinnati, and in each case you can't blame Purvis for his reaction. Caupain was taunting Purvis two inches from his face and Moore elbows him (maybe even said something to him too).

He's been frustrating at times with his play, yes, but the instances mentioned above shouldn't be held against Purvis.

Reaction Score
I really think your disposition towards Purvis causes you to blow a lot of things out of proportion. The tweet theory, I think it was something about loyalty, would make sense if he was clearly unhappy coming off the bench. He wasn't, and started playing better as soon as he was benched. Even said it didn't matter to him as he'd do whatever helps the team.

Is that the tweet he's talking about? At the time I didn't think that had anything to do with people on the team, as much as external voices.

Reaction Score
He's been frustrating at times with his play, yes, but the instances mentioned above shouldn't be held against Purvis.
Okay. Hope you're right and it's just a coincidence.

C

Chief00

I will say this if Purvis doesn't immediately improve his foul shooting he should be benched. Play Linehan.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I will say this if Purvis doesn't immediately improve his foul shooting he should be benched. Play Linehan.

I get just as frustrated as anyone else here by Purvis' struggles, but Pat Linehan? Purvis has shown some ability, and this season should be about developing these kids so we can be a force next year. Not to mention there's no way we're a better team with linehan out there than Purvis.

Reaction Score
Wow I'm glad some of you weren't around for the BE. That elbow was a glance at best. No blood, bump or bruise.

Reaction Score
He's a punk, how no one threw an elbow into his chin is beyond me. These guys need a gut check, the kid was laughing at them at 5'8".

Reaction Score
What the hell?

Only you would blame Purvis for this and the Caupain incident, geezus!

Reaction Score
Wow I'm glad some of you weren't around for the BE. That elbow was a glance at best. No blood, bump or bruise.
I never said it was a massive hit. It's just in the rules to go to the monitor on any contact above the shoulders. Or off-the ball elbows. I've seen a lot less get called flagrant.

Reaction Score
Only you would blame Purvis for this and the Caupain incident, geezus!
I don't wear your "refs are out to get us" UConn blue conspiracy goggles, Mau - sorry.

Reaction Score
I don't wear your "refs are out to get us" UConn blue conspiracy goggles, Mau - sorry.

No goggles here, last night was one of those obvious "home" games which had NOTHING to do with the outcome. And please explain Cheekster "the refs are out to get us" conspiracy. I am talking about last night and how KO handles them, that's all. Go to another post and tell us how Purivs sucks will ya?

Reaction Score
And please explain Cheekster "the refs are out to get us" conspiracy.
It's your conspiracy Mau, you explain it.
I thought the reffing last night was bad, and in their favor, but not worth commenting on. They got a few homer calls (OOB play, 4th on Brimah). Purvis overreacted to a tiny guy bumping into him. Purvis was obviously frustrated at having a very poor shooting night, and it came out as screaming at the kid. Not even worth mentioning in a thread, really. If our reaction to a 5/8 guy bumping into our muscular 2 guard is to propose Mau conspiracy theories about refs out to get us, then both the team and the fans need to toughen up.

Go to another post and tell us how Purivs sucks will ya?
I swore off doing that, but I'm sure there will be plenty of fans who will.

Reaction Score
It's your conspiracy Mau, you explain it.
I thought the reffing last night was bad, and in their favor, but not worth commenting on. They got a few homer calls (OOB play, 4th on Brimah). Purvis overreacted to a tiny guy bumping into him. Purvis was obviously frustrated at having a very poor shooting night, and it came out as screaming at the kid. Not even worth mentioning in a thread, really. If our reaction to a 5/8 guy bumping into our muscular 2 guard is to propose Mau conspiracy theories about refs out to get us, then both the team and the fans need to toughen up.

I swore off doing that, but I'm sure there will be plenty of fans who will.

Conspiracy? Not sure where you get this but hey you're a screwed up dude. Kind of seem to know a little basketball but just portray yourself as a total a**wipe a lot. But hey we need those here too!

Reaction Score
I never said it was a massive hit. It's just in the rules to go to the monitor on any contact above the shoulders. Or off-the ball elbows. I've seen a lot less get called flagrant.
But they were always ON US.

Reaction Score
We have seen inadvertent plays reviewed for half an hour, give me a break! Rodney got in tight to defend and it was intentional, did no damage but should have been a flagrant.

Reaction Score
The Mau Conspiracy Theory - the refs are out to get us. Ollie gets no respect.

Yep that's what I said Cheekster :rolleyes: verbatim too. Just make sure you find that for me so I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom