No, not TJ | Page 3 | The Boneyard

No, not TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The on-field perfomance doesn't mean much in the overall selection process, but I suspect his behind the scenes work will earn him a fair interview.

This is an untrue assertion based on Warde Manuel's press conference the day he released Former "Coach" Pasqualoni from his duties. Mr. Manuel was asked flat out what Coach Weist had to do to be considered for the permanent position. His response was an unconditional, "Win."

I think Weist's fate was sealed with the execution of the Parker consulting contract. He will be thanked for his services in a virtual no-win situation and dismissed as head coach. I further believe (as I stated above), that Mr. Manuel will put in a good word with the new coach on Weist's behalf as an offensive coach, up to and including the position of coordinator.

Reaction Score
Warde despite his Michigan resume, has not done much for UConn. Kevin Ollie was forced on him by JC. He could have done with PP a lot sooner but he didn't. What else did he do for UConn besides changing the logo?

Thought his UConn Hockey Coach hire was more than solid...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Outside of Saban, Miles, and Meyer, there is no such thing as a slam dunk.

OK, there are better choices than TJ ( half court shot).

Everybody keeps pointing out Saban, Meyer etc.

There exists an area between hall of fame coaches and guys with 6 good quarters.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Actually delusional is weighing 6 quarters of football over everything else because it happens to be the data you like.
You have an inflexible mind.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Let's not forget, Tj was not a coordinator at a big program before UConn. He was the WR coach at Cincy. He has had one disastrous year as a lead coordinator in a FBS program. Franklin had much more experience.

I like him....I think he is a good person and could be a great coach. But he isn't the right guy for UConn at this time. Not a bad choice as OC maybe, but definitely tier 3 as a HC.

Reaction Score
If I were the new UConn head coach, he isn't even the first guy I'd consider keeping. Anybody noticed the improvement of the offensive line since Foley returned to that duty? Anybody seen how well the kid replacing Friend has played? I would give Foley serious consideration. After that, I'm not sure.

Reaction Score
Here's the real reason why Weist should not be given the job, even though he's shown skill, talent and promise in turning around the season and our morale:

We can't afford to be wrong on this one.

The margin for error is so narrow that we have to get out there and make a decently sized splash with our next hire, either with a top-name coordinator or with a lower-level rising-star head coach. Weist could be a very good coach some day, but he might not. The sample size of his results is too small, and his performance is too inconclusive, for us to gamble the farm on him at this point.

Exactly. Ideally, if it can be accomplished, the next guy has to have sex appeal that is perceived as being a sign that UCONN is serious about football. Again, UCONN has been a multiply passed-over college FB pariah since qualifying for a BCS game. UCONN is about to hire a person the New York Times has argued might be the "most important person on a college campus" (Academicians, please direct your ire at the NYT, not me.). We need the hire to elicit a "holy sh't" or, at least, an "OMG." From the outside, looking in, it seems that TJ has handled a difficult situation with professionalism, dignity and class. But, most of us figured that it would take seven or eight wins to make him a serious candidate. The record is the record.

Reaction Score
We need the hire to elicit a "holy sh't" or, at least, an "OMG."

We don't need a Holy or OMG pick - we just need...

... or at least one that is universally acknowledged by their peers as solid.;)

Reaction Score
Not sure how TJ ended up here but don't think that it was PP's brainstorm Having said that, the mere coincidence of TJ coming here and replacing PP half way through the season makes me believe that he is Warde's hire here as OC. An in inquisitive mind would think that there is something more to this story. Not sure he ends up coach, but I have to believe that he is not ruled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom