No more excuses for Boat | The Boneyard

No more excuses for Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With his team aching for a signature win, he laid an absolute egg in the first half. He's not injured (I just saw him make an incredible, athletic defensive play to stop an alley-oop), so let's cut that crap. He's just playing bad.

His team needs his A+ game in the 2nd half as their chances at coming up with resume-building wins is coming to an end. Time for him to do just that.

Reaction Score
It's embarassing for him, honestly. You'd think he'd make a field goal by accident....

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He hasn't adjusted to the physical play. He was clearly fouled on his pull up jumper from the left side and on one of his drives.

They are double teaming him every time he touches the ball up top. He needs to bull rush through the middle of the double team and force the fouls.

And when he gets the ball clean, he needs to shoot it immediately. Needs to be Jordan tonight not Magic.

Reaction Score
When you literally have zero other guys who can create their own shot it is easy for a team to focus their defense on him. As good as Bazz was, and he was unreal, he had Boat, Giffey and Daniels as legit weapons.

Reaction Score
Are people on this board this incapable of differentiating between criticizing and bashing?

That's a hypothetical question.

Reaction Score
How can anyone crap on boatright? He is this team....the entire team... and thats a big big problem for our future.
To be fair, Boat didn't do anything when it mattered. He is a gifted player. But he hasn't made the players around him better.

Reaction Score
To be fair, Boat didn't do anything when it mattered. He is a gifted player. But he hasn't made the players around him better.

Outside of Hamilton I don't see many players around him that have the talent level UConn is use to.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

The players around him just aren't that good. I'd shudder to think of what their record would be with out Boat.

Reaction Score
RB isn't the problem the lack of talent around him is! Only Dham has real UCONN talent on the team and he is scared to take shots at times.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He's differed as much as possible moving the ball around. It's not his fault some can't dribble, shoot, or turn it over every play. It's hard for him when every team is putting 2 guys on him and playing dirty. The kid battles every game

Reaction Score
Would not be shocked to miss the NCAA's two years in a row.

This is what everyone was saying when the team fell apart in 2010. They'll figure it out, but I agree with you that the roster needs a face lift.

Reaction Score
Blaming Ryan Boatright for this mess is like shooting out the tires of a car and then blaming the driver for crashing.
Not blaming him. But when the pressure has been on this season. He hasn't responded well.

That was a great exhibition being down 14 and going off. He went off last game in the second half but against a very bad team. Tonight he still made a very big TO that crushed any comeback.

The stock services say past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance. I keep hoping.

Reaction Score
Like i said in another thread unless Dham becomes RB's Robin by the end of the year we have no shot of winning the AAC tourney.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This is what everyone was saying when the team fell apart in 2010. They'll figure it out, but I agree with you that the roster needs a face lift.

People definitely did say that I'll admit it.

At least we had Kemba coming back - though nobody could've predicted the junior season he had.

Going from Boat to a freshman is going to be rough.

Reaction Score
Omar and Tsam are so limited at times it is embarrassing. If you could put them together you would have a hell of a 2 guard. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom