No Lou this is exactly what we needed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Lou this is exactly what we needed

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A chance for everybody else to learn what they need to do. Not stand around and watch and wait for somebody to step up. Everybody needs to step up. If its to be its up to me is the attitude we need. Tonite we were thrown to the wolfes. Tonite we were exposed for our weaknesses. Tonite everybody who played was given a chance. Some watched, some stood around and waited for somebody else to step up. What they learned tonite is we have to be the one to step up. Tonite we found a new gear and that was in the second half. We missed a zillion layups and to many foul shots and we never let up and found a way to win. ONO was a force inside and kept USF out of the middle. UConns press changed the game. It was an 18+ turnaround without Lou and with to many missed layups and missed foul shots. But we found out who is willing to score and not stand around and not watch.

We needed this badly with the tourneys coming up. It was a learning experience. The first quarter was terrible. I ve never seen a UConn team play this poorly, but we needed it so we could see where we were and where we need to be. We found a way through all the mistakes to win. I like how we stepped up in the second half. We played hard through the mistakes and quick shots to win. We never let up.

We need to know when we need to stop shooting treys????????? We still havent learned that yet. We are to many times not getting set and just hoisting up treys because we're open for a minute. Another thing no pump fakes and getting opponents in the air and jumping into them and getting to the foul line. Coombs played great defense and her speed along with CD and CW is what made the press effective.

As far as the brackets. IMO ND will be in Chicago. Oregon will be in Portland UConn will be in Albany and Louisville will be in Greensboro. Baylor will also be in Oregon. I like Miss St in Greensboro too and MD in Albany. I didnt like seeing UConn as the 4th number 1 seed in Cremes brackets. UConn has 2 losses to 2 top teams. IMO its Baylor and Oregon in Portland, UConn and MD in Albany, Louisville and Miss St in Greensboro and ND and Stanford in Chicago. As good as some of these top teams are on paper theyve all been struggleing. UConn hasnt played up to their caliber but has won big. ND has looked really good. Baylor has won small to often. Oregon without injuries will be tuff.

When it comes to tournament time its good defense. Miss St has good defense. Oregon has balance. UConn tonite showed great defense. ND is a complete team and Louisville is a hard working unit.

So next week we have our conference tournaments and then the selections. Creme has Tenn in. There are alot of teams with 20+ wins that play in good conferences that have been winning late in the season. I think they have earned a spot. Tenn with 11 losses doesnt belong this season. This is a great time for basketball and I cant wait for next weekend.

I'd have a glass of your lemonade anytime with you @Tonyc.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Combs looks to be getting more confident every game. She knows she brings tough D and energy but now she looks to be looking more to score. Liv is growing leaps and bounds. We still are a vulnerable team, but things are looking up.

She still has the goofiest foul shot form I can remember for a Husky, but increasingly she's making them. Still she should not dismiss a foul shot technigue used by some great:

But everybody shoots a clinger clanger now and again:

Worst Free Throw Attempts in Basketball History

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Strongly doubt it. I would think another three years at minimum.

At a recent event, he said how long he stays may depend on whether or not he gets two particular recruits. He obviously didn't name them, but I figure one is likely Azzi Fudd, the other I'm not sure. He intimated he might stay until their careers end. Otherwise he'll be gone sooner, likely three years as you suggest, CL.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
At a recent event, he said how long he stays may depend on whether or not he gets two particular recruits. He obviously didn't name them, but I figure one is likely Azzi Fudd, the other I'm not sure. He intimated he might stay until their careers end. Otherwise he'll be gone sooner, likely three years as you suggest, CL.
I didn't catch that information, but it almost certainly has to be Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd. That's what I'm figuring for Geno's career--about 6 more years. Imagine having Maya and Diana on the same squad for 3 years!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I didn't catch that information, but it almost certainly has to be Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd. That's what I'm figuring for Geno's career--about 6 more years. Imagine having Maya and Diana on the same squad for 3 years!

Geno...still chasing NCAA championships!

Reaction Score
Geno likely will commit 4 years to the next batch he thinks can win it all. I feel he will stay at least 6 more years but his rant in ONO's face last game did scare me. Not a good look. Uncontrollable yelling exhibitions preceded many of the great's exits - Bobby Knight, etc.

Reaction Score
Mr. Tony: I don't think that I saw the same game as you last night. What I think I saw, was the team without Pheesa, that is going to be on the floor next year for UConn. I know that you are the optimist and that optimism makes me happy but this team as it is even with KLS has serious problems. What I liked: the scrappyiness of the four guards in pressing and disrupting the USF offense. And when ONO is turned on, she can be a defensive force. What I did not like: unreliable 3 point shooting; a lack of plays to get the ball to ONO and her not trying to score; a lack of passing the ball in trying to get the best shot; missing layups, and poor foul shooting. I have my own thoughts on coaching, but I admit that I am completely unqualified to make any comments whatsoever.

Even if UConn remains a number one seed in its area, I have serious doubts that when confronted by a team bringing its A game and the desire to knockoff UConn, that UConn will survive the contest. Even my wife was upset, which she does not become when watching the women, but feared next year with limited production to the recruit pipeline.
I think there is plenty of reason to worry about this year's team surviving Albany.

Reaction Score
I think that the UConn women, under Geno’s clumsy tutelage, may win NC #12 this year. If they do, I will not be surprised, and will be thrilled for them. If they do not, I will be surprised, and deeply disappointed for them. The same goes for next year, and the year after that!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom