No killer instinct | The Boneyard

No killer instinct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gave this game away over and over. :(

And I think that's what's going to do this team in this march. Not to mention what this will do to their confidence. That's gonna be tough to overcome.

That said this team can play a lot better. Did the intensity get to them? Because they did all sorts of dumb things.

Reaction Score
Stewart has been on the wrong end of a lot of big momentum plays in each of our losses. I'm not sure how she recovers this year.

Reaction Score
Poor coaching job by Geno tonight. Team is not mentally or physically tough down the stretch of close games. Terrible,terrible foul shooting. No inside game. Dumb foul with 3 point lead in regulation. Just get down the floor and let the ball handler bring it up court.

Reaction Score
Gave this game away over and over. :(

And I think that's what's going to do this team in this march. Not to mention what this will do to their confidence. That's gonna be tough to overcome.

That said this team can play a lot better. Did the intensity get to them? Because they did all sorts of dumb things.

I have never seen a women's team play dumber basketball tonight than UCONN tonight. Over 30 turnovers! The majority were completely unforced. BTW.. I can't wait till Doty graduates. She brings zero value on the court.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
No, I'm sure the three gigantic examples of a total lack of any guts or calmness under pressure is all a gigantic coincidence.

Reaction Score
I have never seen a women's team play dumber basketball tonight than UCONN tonight. Over 30 turnovers! The majority were completely unforced. BTW.. I can't wait till Doty graduates. She brings zero value on the court.

Pretty obvious.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
triple overtime.
Yes, the free throws didn't go in.
and yes, they lost.

So I look at it as what can they learn from this loss? Certainly not to give up on what's coming in March.

We prepare for glory by failing until we don't - Craig Ferguson

Reaction Score
Poor coaching job by Geno tonight. Team is not mentally or physically tough down the stretch of close games. Terrible,terrible foul shooting. No inside game. Dumb foul with 3 point lead in regulation. Just get down the floor and let the ball handler bring it up court.
How is this a poor coaching job by Geno. He coached his team to a triple overtime against the #2 team in the nation. UCONN could have won it multiple times but the free throws hurt us. Does Geno not coach them in Free Throws? That Rat Bast**d.

Reaction Score
No, I'm sure the three gigantic examples of a total lack of any guts or calmness under pressure is all a gigantic coincidence.
I was talking about throughout the game.

Several of dolsons fouls were terrible decisions on her part, for example.

Reaction Score
Our killer instinct was on the bench, fouled out..and having season from hell.

I thought there were a few positives from this game. Morgan Tuck. Kelly Faris. Stewart at times. Bria seemed into it for stretches.

But overall. The team repeatedly gave the game away. It was in their control. Hopefully though, it's this loss that breaks them out of their issues.

Notre Dame won't beat us 4 times this season. I'm positive of that.

Reaction Score
How is this a poor coaching job by Geno. He coached his team to a triple overtime against the #2 team in the nation. UCONN could have won it multiple times but the free throws hurt us. Does Geno not coach them in Free Throws? That Rat Bast**d.
UConn unquestionably should have fouled up 3 in overtime, and he should have used one of his two remaining timeouts before Doty got called for the jump ball.

Geno, like the team, has been bad in big games this season.

Reaction Score
ND was better tonight and may be better again in BE tourney. I, however, like our chances to play them again in April. By then, our young ladies will likely have developed the needed toughness.

U

UCONNfan1

Some of these guys (myself included) post more on the men's side. The comments might be harsh, but are basically accurate. It's more than a lack of mental toughness - it's one dumb decision after another by players in big moments.

If Geno is famous for saying he treats the players the same way he would (regardless of sex), then he ought to bench about half the team. It's easy to praise the team and say how good they look in blowouts, but the turnovers, missed FT's, and bad decisions by the players throughout the game was mind boggling.

Having said that, it was a hard fought game against a team who is just better. UCONN is clearly not one of the 2 best teams in the nation.

Reaction Score

Stop calling time out to design a play. Three times coming down the stretch and zero shots taken . . . all turnovers. Just let them get up the court and play. This is not a set offense team against good competiion. This way now for last two seasons.

Reaction Score
If you look at the turnovers,it was probably the worst game of the year for them.I refuse to believe,that Dolson will ever have 11 turnovers again.It seems that the game plan disappears in these big games,and maybe it is time to get the girls to relax a little bit.Too much talent,on this team,to lose these type of games.Credit to Notre Dame,for the win,credit them for disrupting the offensive flow.Still cannot give up on this team,though.I believe,they need to release the pressure they put on themselves,and just play ball.

Reaction Score
Unforced turnovers have been their Achilles heal for two years. You can't have 30+ turnovers and expect to win. This one was tough because they could have iced the game at several points. You need to take care of the ball, especially on the road.

The team doesn't have the toughness to win these games and I'm proud they took ND to 3 OT and kept fighting, but there was no need for it to get to that point.

Give Skylar credit, she knows how to get her team going and win these games. I may not like her attitude, but she does her job and is a great leader.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
No way. Absolutely no way.

nd was 0-10 from 3. Had kml not played bad defense, we probably win.

McBride had made 14 3-pointers all season and shoots 28%.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
ND was better tonight and may be better again in BE tourney. I, however, like our chances to play them again in April. By then, our young ladies will likely have developed the needed toughness.

I think they can win one out of four, but the best chance is with a big crowd in Hartford.

They're still a good tick better than the 2006-08 teams. Definitely top three. But not better than Baylor or ND.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score

lol go away

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
I was talking about throughout the game.

Several of dolsons fouls were terrible decisions on her part, for example.

No, several of Dolson's fouls were BS calls by the ref. Like getting punched in the throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom