No height controversy here | The Boneyard

No height controversy here

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Azura towers over her teammates. I'd seen posts suggesting Lou is as tall as Z - not even close.

IMG_0123.jpg

Reaction Score
Lou is standing in a different time zone there. Don't let Z's bun fool you, or the slight floor slope fool you. LOU is catching up ha.

Reaction Score
I am surprised the kids had a choice of shoes last game based on CD’s uniformity rule.......I thought my eyes were wrong, butt his photo proves there were 2 sets of shoes worn by the team.....

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am surprised the kids had a choice of shoes last game based on CD’s uniformity rule..I thought my eyes were wrong, butt his photo proves there were 2 sets of shoes worn by the team.....

A little Yin-Yang is good.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I am surprised the kids had a choice of shoes last game based on CD’s uniformity rule..I thought my eyes were wrong, butt his photo proves there were 2 sets of shoes worn by the team.....
I think they've always had a choice of shoes - that's a comfort thing rather than a uniformity thing.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Azura towers over her teammates. I'd seen posts suggesting Lou is as tall as Z - not even close.

View attachment 28712

You're looking at height. I'm looking at all of those empty seats (pre-game of course), one of which I'd like to have been sitting in. I would have loved to attend that game. Those lucky folks, I'd have gotten right in there with them!!!! :p

Reaction Score
You're looking at height. I'm looking at all of those empty seats (pre-game of course),
Right. Much as I can figure, UConn always comes out three times.
First time is around an hour-45 minutes before game time to shoot around.
Second time is about 20 minutes before game time for very spirited and highly structured drills (lots of folks in the stands by then, so lots of cheering)
Last time is about 5 minutes or even less before tip off for the starters to shoot a bit.

Of course, 2nd half has been unpredictable. A couple of times recently, they've come back out with under 2 minutes before play. Once, they came out so late I thought maybe they'd get a technical for delay of game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You're looking at height. I'm looking at all of those empty seats (pre-game of course), one of which I'd like to have been sitting in. I would have loved to attend that game. Those lucky folks, I'd have gotten right in there with them!!!! :p
This shot was taken about 40 minutes before the game.

Reaction Score
I think they've always had a choice of shoes - that's a comfort thing rather than a uniformity thing.
Does Nike provide custom-made shoes to players at its partner schools who have foot or fit issues?

Reaction Score

View attachment 28712
Another thread-originally I thought Walker was listed at 6'1". Seen several pictures of her next to Gabby and Gabby at 5'11" looks taller with longer arms. Whatever the height, glad Walker plays for UConn. Just wondering.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
At least CD doesn't let them wear the diaper look - I can't stand seeing players like Billings, and a bunch of others, who hike up their shorts and tuck them in to whatever they wear underneath (lycra or spandex shorts) so it looks like they are wearing a diaper. Blech! Head bang

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think she's standing behind Touley
Actually she is next to Z and Kyla. If you look down at the feet you will see an extra pair of shoes between the two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom