No Full Contact High School Football in CT this year... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

No Full Contact High School Football in CT this year...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Not necessarily. We have been having football practice for a month where I am at and there hasn't been any interruptions.

Games start next Friday.
Yeah, well maybe. Unlike some, I'm looking for solutions.

The next 30-45 days will be interesting now that public school has restarted in CT. Of course public school restarted in many other states weeks ago, so looking elsewhere at youth numbers might be telling.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Welp, you obviously know nothing about how a modern high or middle school education works. Kids dont have one teacher all day, instead they have about 5 to 8 (math, science, history, writing, language, elective, gym and some take music). And then like it or not, kids grade out to at least three levels from advanced to remedial which you need to account for as well. The administrators are doing the best they can to put kids in pools to limit mass interaction, but the reality is they are in pools of about 60 to 120 kids not 25. And then you have the teachers and support admin, some of whom have to teach specialty subjects across these new pods, albeit they limit it as best as possible. All in all, at the medium and large high and middle schools the kids are already mixing in pools of humanity on a scale near what football operates.

As for need, frankly we dont need a lot of things. Look around.

Welp, obviously you don't understand how communicable diseases and 8th grade math work. Having kids roam between classes is a poor decision during a pandemic. Having kids in a scrum breathing heavily is worse with far less social value. Two wrongs don't make a right and I don't care what Jimmy's mom says are 3rd grade level idioms. Maybe more people will understand that. I'll skip logarithmic growth for now.

Your priorities are out of whack.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Welp, obviously you don't understand how communicable diseases and 8th grade math work. Having kids roam between classes is a poor decision during a pandemic. Having kids in a scrum breathing heavily is worse with far less social value. Two wrongs don't make a right and I don't care what Jimmy's mom says are 3rd grade level idioms. Maybe more people will understand that. I'll skip logarithmic growth for now.

Your priorities are out of whack.
Watching sports tonight or too disgusted?

This isn’t even my priority... my kids don’t play football.

I’m making the argument for the 1200 kids, parents and coaches that went to Hartford on Wednesday. High school football is not really my thing at all.

What I am pushing back is against are the zealots...zealots that have their slice of life under COVid and don’t really think about ways to make things work for others.

I’d be quick to pull the plug if things went awry.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching sports tonight or too disgusted?

Only 1 Chief took a knee the Texans stayed in locker room for anthem and there are fans in the stands. The mob will be out in full force tomorrow.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"Gifford notes there’s limited data on the effectiveness of the strategies CIAC presented."

Isn't that just a nice way of saying these jamokes don't know what they are talking about?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
"Gifford notes there’s limited data on the effectiveness of the strategies CIAC presented."

Isn't that just a nice way of saying these jamokes don't know what they are talking about?

I think it's more like they're admitting it's all a SWAG.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

So they got a nicely worded letter politely asking for scientific data on plastic face shields. At least it was prompt, respectful and encouraging of further discussion. Unfortunately for CT high school football looks like that data will have to come other states from the very season they cannot play. In a few weeks it will be time to shift the discussion to saving a possible spring season even if many dont want it. The window for a fall season is rapidly coming to a close.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
If I had a high level kid that plays Highschool football in CT , I would’ve made plans In July to send them to another State to play. Especially if they were a Senior.

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here<<

>>Plans for starting a private league in central Connecticut are already underway. Jack Cochran, an eight-time state champion coach at Bloomfield, New Britain and New London, is in the process of starting the Yankee Independent Football League, which would play its games at New Britain Stadium.<<

Wonder if the league will have the Cochran Rule?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not looking to steer this into a political ditch, but its hard not to see the correlation between national politics and this HS football map.

There's some very interesting electoral math shown on that map. One of the two major parties would sign off on that map in a heartbeat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom