No Fans At Gampel This Season | The Boneyard

No Fans At Gampel This Season

Reaction Score
Makes sense, BUT I'm so disappointed after looking forward for so long to seeing our outstanding freshman and this team play :(:eek::confused:

I'm hoping that UConn can provide us with high quality replays that include commentary from coaches and players following the game. I want to maintain my engagement with and excitement for this team, and TV broadcasts seem like they will be hard to consistently depend on.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While this is expected, I do anticipate a problem. Absent fan noise, it could be very easy to clearly hear Geno’s comments from the bench during televised games. Consider using the mute function.......:rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A proposal to allow fans - about i8% capacity - was studied, but with the surge of Covid 19 cases it was doomed.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I thought they might allow a small percentage for the students, faculty, and staff that are living and working on campus, but I'd imagine they don't want to encourage anyone to come to Storrs right now.

Anything for a season.

Reaction Score
Thank G**. As a season ticket holder for 20+ years I was not looking forward to going into an arena with the Covid arround. I hope that all the games are on TV and I hope the Team stays healthy.
GO HUSKEYS!!!
Someone else needs to make that decision for you

Reaction Score
Makes sense, BUT I'm so disappointed after looking forward for so long to seeing our outstanding freshman and this team play :(:eek::confused:

I'm hoping that UConn can provide us with high quality replays that include commentary from coaches and players following the game. I want to maintain my engagement with and excitement for this team, and TV broadcasts seem like they will be hard to consistently depend on.

90%+ of the the audience watches on TV. I have a XL season ticket but I went to 3 games. Other than that I've remained engaged and excited for a long long time. If you want comraderie try a sports restaurant. Tough now I know but all it takes are 2 Husky fans and beer. And you can get away with using adult language. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear this but not surprised.

As of today Louisville will be allowing 15% (about 3,000 fans) at the Yum Center. But with the way cases are headed in Kentucky I'd say that's doubtful.

The four of us have attended every game at the Yum, going back to the 2010-11 season. We will not be among the (lucky??) 3,000 who get to attend this season. All four of us 65+, two heart patients and a breast cancer survivor.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
No news yet from USF on season tickets for the men or women. I'm assuming at this point that attendance will be limited at the games. But with the Tampa area still a problem spot - who knows.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I am a season ticket holder at both XL and Gampel. I renewed and would have gone to the games if given the opportunity. Nothing like being at a game at Gampel.

I understand that reasonable precautions and significant limits on the number of attendees was inevitable, and that my meager "point total" would have left me out in the cold in any event. But shutting it down to fans entirely seems to me to be unnecessarily extreme.

I`ll leave it at that. I`m sure many will disagree, but that`s fine.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While this is expected, I do anticipate a problem. Absent fan noise, it could be very easy to clearly hear Geno’s comments from the bench during televised games. Consider using the mute function.......:rolleyes:
His comments will have to be in Italian!

Reaction Score
I am a season ticket holder at both XL and Gampel. I renewed and would have gone to the games if given the opportunity. Nothing like being at a game at Gampel.

I understand that reasonable precautions and significant limits on the number of attendees was inevitable, and that my meager "point total" would have left me out in the cold in any event. But shutting it down to fans entirely seems to me to be unnecessarily extreme.

I`ll leave it at that. I`m sure many will disagree, but that`s fine.
If today's new restrictions don't help slow the spread there may not be a season, so not having fans at the games is the least of our worries right now.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

A problem?

I couldn't help thinking of that climatic scene in "A few good Men" when Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise go at it...something like this
"You want answers"
"I'm entitled to answers."
"You want answers"
"I want the truth." (with emphasis)...

What a revelation it will be ...classic...wonderful!

Reaction Score
I'm hopeful that the 15 minute saliva Covid test become widely available. They are supposed to be 97% accurate and once you test negative you're result is fed to an app that you can use as an entrance pass to a restaurant or event...........so you take the test just before the game and you are then free to enter............perhaps they could allow 50% attendance with masks utilizing this method..........not perfect buy better than the current situation........

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I really don't understand the point of allowing player's family members to attend the games. In concept it is a good idea but in reality, not so much. I don't think that any of our player's families live close to Storrs and traveling is sorta not an option due to unknown hotel and restaurant availability. And then you have to wonder about a family flying together.

Reaction Score
Has any word been released regarding ticket refunds from either venue Gampel/XLCenter from UCONN yet?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I really don't understand the point of allowing player's family members to attend the games. In concept it is a good idea but in reality, not so much. I don't think that any of our player's families live close to Storrs and traveling is sorta not an option due to unknown hotel and restaurant availability. And then you have to wonder about a family flying together.

Based on the current map, Evina and Piath’s family can come without having to test or quarantine. lol. Everyone else will have to have a negative Covid test within 72 hours of coming to Connecticut and fill out the proper paperwork. Depending on local restrictions, getting the Covid test before leaving may be harder than finding food and accommodations close-ish to campus.

...and the TV cameras.

Since SNY and ESPN are NY and CT based, I think they’ll be good to go. Perhaps a rapid test upon arrival?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom