No Fans At Gampel This Season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Fans At Gampel This Season

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Family members will be allowed. I'd consider adopting one of our players. :D

This is not surprising, though the lack of a home court advantage is disappointing. Safety is paramount. Anything that helps ensure a complete season is appreciated.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
While this is expected, I do anticipate a problem. Absent fan noise, it could be very easy to clearly hear Geno’s comments from the bench during televised games. Consider using the mute function.......:rolleyes:

His comments seem pretty mild if you've ever had seats within earshot of Jim C

Reaction Score
The article I just read mentions, "no fans at start of season". Seems the more likely scenario than "no fans for the season".

The school said the plan could be altered if COVID-19 conditions improve over the course of the season.

No fans at UConn games to start season

Reaction Score
Has any word been released regarding ticket refunds from either venue Gampel/XLCenter from UCONN yet?
I just received an email from Uconn stating there will be more information soon about choices for the season ticket holders that have already paid, they explained the financial hardship being put on the school because of testing etc. and eluded to the fact that it would be helpful if ticket holders donated a portion of what they paid to help with costs which is fine if you can but it was made to sound like if you didn't opt for this you could lose your priority points and your fore ever seats.. That was my take on it which if that is the case considering the world right now (Job loses etc.) would not be fair to season ticket holders. Just my opinion

Reaction Score
I just received an email from Uconn stating there will be more information soon about choices for the season ticket holders that have already paid, they explained the financial hardship being put on the school because of testing etc. and eluded to the fact that it would be helpful if ticket holders donated a portion of what they paid to help with costs which is fine if you can but it was made to sound like if you didn't opt for this you could lose your priority points and your fore ever seats.. That was my take on it which if that is the case considering the world right now (Job loses etc.) would not be fair to season ticket holders. Just my opinion
I so agree...It seems a bit of a threat or at least an intimidating statement to us fans. If you don't donate a portion UCONN has the ability to move everyone back to losing your great seat position. IMO...it seems disrespectful to all the loyal fans who have donated year after year, along with purchasing tickets each year.

Reaction Score
I so agree...It seems a bit of a threat or at least an intimidating statement to us fans. If you don't donate a portion UCONN has the ability to move everyone back to losing your great seat position. IMO...it seems disrespectful to all the loyal fans who have donated year after year, along with purchasing tickets each year.

Reaction Score
Spoke to the ticket office this pm
they are coming out with an email within next two days.
looks like two options.
1) donate the $100 and you can get your forever seats next year.
2) if you don’t , then you lose them and chose to get a full refund or any other choices they offer. but you DO LOSE THEM.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Maybe there is an accounting issue I don't understand, but I don't know why they just don't offer for those who have already paid to hold their seat for next season at this season's price. Then, next season, offer them an upgrade that will feel like a good deal since the tickets were long paid for.

I'd imagine it would keep the fans happier and make them more money both in the moment and over time.

Reaction Score
IMO....Watch next year when you order 2021-2022 tickets..the ticket prices will be an additional increase per ticket..so UCONN gets your $100 donation now and they get to charge you more next year..no benefit to the fans just the school.

Reaction Score
I'm curious - what is the cost of a season ticket to UConn WBB?

We have four mid-court lower arena seats for Louisville WBB. We make an annual "donation" of $75 per seat and the cost of a season ticket (with a senior citizen discount) is $115 per seat. So a total outlay of $190 per seat or about $13 per game assuming 15 home games. Best entertainment value in town, IMHO.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
TN plans capacity limit of 4000.

Will students and opposing fans have tickets?

Tickets will be allocated for both students and opposing fans, the latter receiving 80 tickets per game. Both are part of the total expected attendance.

Students will occupy section 129 for both men’s and women’s games. Students also will be in sections 128 and 130 for men’s games. The men’s student section previously was split between 129 and behind-the-basket seating.

Reaction Score
I just hope they don't pipe in the stupid noise like they are doing with pro football. It is distracting, fake, and actually detracts from the game. It also interferes with what the analysts are saying and, even though I don't always agree with their analysis of the game, I'd rather hear them than canned crowd noise.

Reaction Score
In Waco we're told 25% of capacity at the Ferrell Center (or, 2,500 seats). BU isn't even offering single game tickets since we have 2,500+ season ticket holders. Out deadline for season ticket renewal is November 11. After that, single game tickets will then be offered accordingly on line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom