No Durham Tonight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

No Durham Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The text you quoted addressed both of your points.

Read it again. It didn't. You mentioned Ollie's bad planning because the injuries were known.

Durham isn't injured. Mentioning him is totally irrelevant.

Gilbert got injured in April.

So, he could have recruited someone in April.

Reaction Score
Read it again. It didn't. You mentioned Ollie's bad planning because the injuries were known.

I guess we are on different pages. I thought my point was clear and I know better than arguing with you.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
yeah I totally went that far.
No not this time but sometimes when it becomes a mantra for certain people...................................................

Reaction Score

Sure, Durham was out today because of illness and not injury, but because of a known injury it's possible he couldn't have suited up at all this year.

The fact is, KO's top recruiting class was really a class of damaged goods.

That said, I'm not keen on bringing in guys who can't hack it at this level just for the sake of filling out scholarship numbers. That's how we got APR problems (not that our recruiting strategy should be based on a BS NCAA metric), and it doesn't necessarily help on the court.

Reaction Score

Gilbert also dislocated his shoulder in high school pretty badly. The April injury was at least his second dislocation. The staff was also well aware that they were taking a chance with Durham when they signed him while he was still rehabbing from the first ACL tear.

It surprises me that KO seems to have such a hard time filling out scholarships (or that he doesn't feel that it's important to have a full roster like most other teams). It's like a self imposed NCAA sanction since we seem to play one or two scholarship players short every year. I just don't get it, especially since we always seem to have holes in our roster and needs which leaves plenty of opportunity for kids to come in and earn playing time.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It is possible to get the flu even if you get the shot. The shot only prevents against certain strains. Strains that are predicted ahead of time (the shot changes from year to year accordingly). I've never had the flu but have never gotten the shot either.

"Flu Vaccine 60 Percent Effective So Far, CDC Says"

I argue with my doctors about this all the time. I have had the flu twice in the past 15 years. Both times, I had gotten the flu vaccine. After the last time, I started refusing the vaccination. That was 9, flu free years ago. Every year, they get up in my face about 'because of my age, because of my heart condition, etc,' I am at increased risk, and I really should get the shot.

No thanks.

C

Chief00

Gilbert also dislocated his shoulder in high school pretty badly. The April injury was at least his second dislocation. The staff was also well aware that they were taking a chance with Durham when they signed him while he was still rehabbing from the first ACL tear.

It surprises me that KO seems to have such a hard time filling out scholarships (or that he doesn't feel that it's important to have a full roster like most other teams). It's like a self imposed NCAA sanction since we seem to play one or two scholarship players short every year. I just don't get it, especially since we always seem to have holes in our roster and needs which leaves plenty of opportunity for kids to come in and earn playing time.

I think that's all about Susan's , hence Warde's obsession with the APRs. Hard to go back in time but at one point people actually thought that would solve our problems. How wrong they were.
Too many guys would lead to transferring out or dropping out and not leaving in good graces grade wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom