No Durham Tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Durham Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ya! How could KO not know that he would lose three scholarship players before December. He definitely should have used scholarships on 3 star recruits and clog up our future open scholarships. Fire him now!

There is a way to fill a roster without landing reach recruits...

The staff already knew they had a max of 11 players and JD was always a redshirt option. Alterique was coming off a surgery, Mamadou had a pre-existing injury I bet the staff was aware of. KO was living dangerously with a diminished roster and it as come back to bite him.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The thing is, it's rare to find a Lubin-esque player who's content with 5-10 MPG and only seeing burn when there's an improbable rash of injuries. Ego gets in the way and they end up transferring out. Plus, as others are mentioning, it's a huge inconvenience when scholarships are tied up like this.
Trice,smith, harrellson, Bradley, etc

Reaction Score
And bring in players who will transfer the following season (lubin, trice, smith, harrellson, etc) or eat up a scholly that can be used to go after kids for '17? I'm fine with Ollie doing this.

This is where depth grad transfers would be great. Not starters but maybe guys who came to play school and get a free graduate degree

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This is where depth grad transfers would be great. Not starters but maybe guys who came to play school and get a free graduate degree

R.J. Evans would fit perfectly with this team.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yeah. We were on some I believe but they chose elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Grad Transfer Grad Transfer Grad Transfer

James and SJ are not saying we should be signing low talent 4 year players.

Reaction Score
The thing is, it's rare to find a Lubin-esque player who's content with 5-10 MPG and only seeing burn when there's an improbable rash of injuries. Ego gets in the way and they end up transferring out. Plus, as others are mentioning, it's a huge inconvenience when scholarships are tied up like this.
should we be caring about schollys being tied up? i mean, this is always happening, he is never short of schollys. next year itll be the same. And yes it is rare, but plenty of other schools do.

Reaction Score

The staff already knew they had a max of 11 players and JD was always a redshirt option. Alterique was coming off a surgery, Mamadou had a pre-existing injury I bet the staff was aware of. KO was living dangerously with a diminished roster and it as come back to bite him.
Yup, don't know why this is hard to admit for some.

Reaction Score

Alterique's injury occurred in the spring.

JD isn't injured.

He has the flu.

Reaction Score
I will never be okay with an 11 man roster.

I get that's it's not ideal but no reason to recruit kids that don't belong just to fill out a roster. Hinders future recruiting and doesn't drastically improve your roster. Just my opinion

Reaction Score
I used to (might still) have a nice 3 point stroke back in high school? Think I can fly in and get a bench spot right now?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Grad Transfer Grad Transfer Grad Transfer

James and SJ are not saying we should be signing low talent 4 year players.
They haven't said that and grads were recruited but never chose to come here

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm OK with it, this is now a lost/developmental season anyways. I'm happy we didn't offer any HS senior's who were a reach. In hindsight, KO should have landed a couple of high character 5th years, even if he didn't see them as impactful players.

Pretty reasonable assumption. I'm hoping they at least get to NIT and even that may be a stretch with the short bench.

Reaction Score
Alterique's injury occurred in the spring.

JD isn't injured.

He has the flu.

I'm not seeing your point. AG got hurt before we would have signed a grad transfer. JD was cleared in October.

Reaction Score
Recruiting actually d1 level players helps them in practice, i mean, god knows what the hell is going on there. Ollie just said last week he "can't play 5v5 because of lack of bodies". he should recruit kids that will be happy to practice and potential get 5-10 mpg, all while learning from him. Thats player development, you get low level recruits and turn them into something as upperclassmen. Its hard, but the dude gets paid millions of dollars.

Reaction Score
They haven't said that and grads were recruited but never chose to come here

Who were we after besides Andrew White?

I am not pissed at KO or anything like that, we have gotten extremely unlucky. It just would be nice to have a few more bodies, so we could at least scrimmage 5 v 5.

Reaction Score
I get that's it's not ideal but no reason to recruit kids that don't belong just to fill out a roster. Hinders future recruiting and doesn't drastically improve your roster. Just my opinion
You recruit a full roster of UConn level players. It's what any major team is expected to do, you get 13 scholarships and are supposed to use them.

Reaction Score
Who were we after besides Andrew White?

I am not pissed at KO or anything like that, we have gotten extremely unlucky. It just would be nice to have a few more bodies, so we could at least scrimmage 5 v 5.
Katin reinhardt was one I remember.

Reaction Score
Does only P5 get Flu shots?
It is possible to get the flu even if you get the shot. The shot only prevents against certain strains. Strains that are predicted ahead of time (the shot changes from year to year accordingly). I've never had the flu but have never gotten the shot either.

"Flu Vaccine 60 Percent Effective So Far, CDC Says"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not seeing your point. AG got hurt before we would have signed a grad transfer. JD was cleared in October.

The point is that AG got hurt in the spring after recruiting was wrapped up.

JD isn't even hurt so I don't see how he figures into this at all.

Reaction Score
The point is that AG got hurt in the spring after recruiting was wrapped up.

JD isn't even hurt so I don't see how he figures into this at all.

The text you quoted addressed both of your points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom