No Durham Tonight | The Boneyard

No Durham Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Think the kid from rocky hill should see the floor if needed, i mean this is what you get when you dole out schollys to fill out your roster instead of actually players.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Think the kid from rocky hill should see the floor if needed, i mean this is what you get when you dole out schollys to fill out your roster instead of actually players.

If our bigs foul as much as they usually do there's a good chance that will happen.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I know "blame KO for everything bad that happens" is the fashionable take, but it's not like he didn't try to fill those scholarships last fall/spring. Do you honestly think he sits at his desk and says "Hmmm, I'm gonna avoid recruiting DI quality players and give scholarships to my walk-ons just for shi.ts and giggles"? Foxen and Noyes weren't even given their scholarships until the deadline for fall enrollment had passed.

Reaction Score
Holy cr@p, what else could possibly go wrong. We have a black cloud over us this year.

Reaction Score
I know "blame KO for everything bad that happens" is the fashionable take, but it's not like he didn't try to fill those scholarships last fall/spring. Do you honestly think he sits at his desk and says "Hmmm, I'm gonna avoid recruiting DI quality players and give scholarships to my walk-ons just for shi.ts and giggles"? Foxen and Noyes weren't even given their scholarships until the deadline for fall enrollment had passed.

I'm OK with it, this is now a lost/developmental season anyways. I'm happy we didn't offer any HS senior's who were a reach. In hindsight, KO should have landed a couple of high character 5th years, even if he didn't see them as impactful players.

Reaction Score
Think it's totally fair to criticize the staff for not being able to fill the roster.

Reaction Score
Holy cr@p, what else could possibly go wrong. We have a black cloud over us this year.

This may not even be the worst of it. Its pretty easy to see a dude roll his ankle, break a finger, etc and we could be looking at 5 or 6 healthy players.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Think it's totally fair to criticize the staff for not being able to fill the roster.

Criticism of the staff for not being able to bring aboard a full 13 is one thing. Postulating that Ollie purposely sat on his hands and whiffed on guys in order to put Foxen and Noyes on scholarship is ridiculous.

Reaction Score

Ya! How could KO not know that he would lose three scholarship players before December. He definitely should have used scholarships on 3 star recruits and clog up our future open scholarships. Fire him now!

Reaction Score
he was targeting really good players, its possible he could have convinced lubin esque players to be happy with a deep bench role. Thats a big thing for coaching a high d1 team, not everyone can get minutes. you don't solve that by giving walk ons schollys so they don't b**** about playing time .

Reaction Score
Ya! How could KO not know that he would lose three scholarship players before December. He definitely should have used scholarships on 3 star recruits and clog up our future open scholarships. Fire him now!
yeah I totally went that far.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And bring in players who will transfer the following season (lubin, trice, smith, harrellson, etc) or eat up a scholly that can be used to go after kids for '17? I'm fine with Ollie doing this.

Reaction Score
Fair, especially looking back at that 2014 and 2015 class, but also have to appreciate that they didn't reach to fill last two spots this past class.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I will never be okay with an 11 man roster.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
he was targeting really good players, its possible he could have convinced lubin esque players to be happy with a deep bench role. Thats a big thing for coaching a high d1 team, not everyone can get minutes. you don't solve that by giving walk ons schollys so they don't b**** about playing time .

The thing is, it's rare to find a Lubin-esque player who's content with 5-10 MPG and only seeing burn when there's an improbable rash of injuries. Ego gets in the way and they end up transferring out. Plus, as others are mentioning, it's a huge inconvenience when scholarships are tied up like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom