No Death Storm Post? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

No Death Storm Post?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
And everybody is up and running again on Tuesday...
Amazing how meteorological technology has improved over the last 43 years (Using the Blizzard of '78 as a baseline), ain't it?

Reaction Score
I was conceived during the Blizzard of '78.

How do I know that?

I was once told that while at a job interview at a school, by a woman who lived at the end of my street.

As I sat there incredibly uncomfortable with a horrified look on my face, she said "what else was there to do?"

awkward george costanza GIF

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I was conceived during the Blizzard of '78.

How do I know that?

First clue would have been a birthday between late October and mid-November.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
we got 14 inches as I measured in a few spots to get a the amount.

Seen worse a number of times, but I could do without for sure as I am tired of shoveling and cleaning cars off. Damn old age lol'

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
It's amazing how much more efficient a snowblower is with a new auger belt and air in the tires.....

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
High schoolers are here, one with a snowblower! My house has a 6 car driveway with no garage (which means no snow blower). I live on a corner block with extra sidewalk and a long way to the front door. Back deck is elevated and it needs shoveling (back door access).

I say all this to say the last major snow storm I started shoveling my front walk, and was tiring after 30 minutes without making a dent. The high schoolers with shovels on their shoulder had halos glowing when they were walking up the street. Music played while they walked towards me. Anyway after instructions one kid picked up where I left off and finished in less than 10 minutes, which would have taken me an hour. Like watching a machine. They finished in less than an hour, but for me it would have taken 2 days (with rest). They are here bright and early today, not needing a flame thrower at their age.

Reminds me of my youth traveling the neighborhood with shovel over shoulder learning the skill of hustling, sales and negotiations early. Anyway they still got their halos but I'm the only one that can see it. Good thing also their recyclable, new batch every year or two.

Sending them to my elderly neighbor next door when done.

One caveat though is that the snow plow will return sometime after they leave, leaving me with a blocked driveway which I will have to do.

(Funny I lived in North Dakota for many years ago, and now this old fart is allergic to snow. Probably because I have known people who died right after shoveling.)
trying to picture this and failing. sound like good kids. when i was in middle school into hs i was in northern maine. just keeping our place shoveled was plenty for me, other than an elderly widow neighbor, if the guy that usually plowed her driveway for free didn't show up (despite her being the one who gave out either apples or nasty popcorn balls on halloween). where do you live?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
holy crap! where's that?

we left connecticut in 2009 for colorado. it's crazy, but seems like new england has gotten more snow in 8 or 9 of those years than we have.
North Jersey

Reaction Score
holy crap! where's that?

we left connecticut in 2009 for colorado. it's crazy, but seems like new england has gotten more snow in 8 or 9 of those years than we have.
I have been in CO since '92 and I can count on one hand the number of 18"+ snow we have had in the Denver area since then....the most being about 24" in October 1999.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I have been in CO since '92 and I can count on one hand the number of 18"+ snow we have had in the Denver area since then....the most being about 24" in October 1999.
this drought thing is real. our local river, with gold medal trout water, just reported the lowest cfs levels in recorded history.

Reaction Score
It’s perfect there. It snows in the mtns not in town.

CL82

Reaction Score
What exit?
I don’t live anywhere off the Garden State. It would take about a half hour for me to get to that highway.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Amazing how meteorological technology has improved over the last 43 years (Using the Blizzard of '78 as a baseline), ain't it?
Was supposed to have a hockey game, but hockey coach/landscaper/snow plower collected several teammates and I to shovel for "a while". Returned home 16 hours later day 1, repeated day 2 for another 12 hours. Was tired, but then the barstad delayed paying us for 6 weeks. Parents and an attorney/client set him straight. Bad decision, word got around and he lost several good business and residential landscaping and plowing customers. Life lesson.

Reaction Score
trying to picture this and failing. sound like good kids. when i was in middle school into hs i was in northern maine. just keeping our place shoveled was plenty for me, other than an elderly widow neighbor, if the guy that usually plowed her driveway for free didn't show up (despite her being the one who gave out either apples or nasty popcorn balls on halloween). where do you live?
Fairfield

Reaction Score
Venmo, Square, Zelle?
Funny kids aren't familiar with check payments and I'm not familiar with phone payments, (in-person, stranger to stranger). A contractor wanted me to do that, and I played dumb. I knew how he wanted payment but I'm just not there yet (i.e. comfortable).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom