No Death Storm Post? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Death Storm Post?

Reaction Score
Just got in from round 1 of shoveling. About 6 inches, but light & fluffy. I doubt round 2 is as nice to my back.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
we’re lucky so far, less than two inches with rain on the way in about an hour.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good luck with that.
Tom: There's a good tip in it for you!
Pizza Guy: Mr. Temery, you already told me about bitcoin.
Tom (hurt): I have other ones...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just got in from round 1 of shoveling. About 6 inches, but light & fluffy. I doubt round 2 is as nice to my back.
Lol, just finished round 3. We have about 18"

Reaction Score
Down in Norwalk. We’re getting pounded — it’s awesome. Just went skiing right outside my condo — powder conditions.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Little Johnny already answered your above question.

A teacher asked Little Johnny what 5 minus 2 was. He didn't know.
The teacher then said, "Suppose you have 5 birds on a wire and you shoot 2; how many are left?"
Little Johnny responded, "None."
The teacher said the answer was incorrect.

He said that if he shot 2 the other three would fly away.
The teacher said, "That still is the incorrect answer, but I like the way you think."

So then, he asked her, "Suppose you have 3 women in an ice cream parlor. One licks her ice cream; one sucks her ice cream; one bites her ice cream. Which one is married?"
The teacher paused. Then said, "The one who bites her ice cream is married."
"No, the one with the wedding ring is married, but I like the way you think!"

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales.
The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small.
The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.
Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible.
The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah".
The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?"
The little girl replied, "Then you ask him".

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Broken snowblower laughing at me...

Morning round was 4" of powdery stuff.
3:30 saw 7" of slightly more wet snow pack but not bad.

North Madison.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
@nomar ...how was your day?

Well, with no child care and our buyers and sellers both screwing the pooch and pushing the closings (we were the only ones smart enough to do everything electronically/through POAs):

43f.gif

But the moving company is able to do the move the next day, so we should be fine.

The grocery store across the street from us was open so our pots can belch forth something tonight.

Reaction Score
Went to the bank yesterday to get cash.

High school shovelers in my neighborhood don't like take checks.

Reaction Score
Well, with no child care and our buyers and sellers both screwing the pooch and pushing the closings (we were the only ones smart enough to do everything electronically/through POAs):

But the moving company is able to do the move the next day, so we should be fine.

The grocery store across the street from us was open so our pots can belch forth something tonight.
Congrats!

qIScXx.gif

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm supposed to close on my current home tomorrow, close on my new home on Tuesday, and move on Wednesday -- and I AM PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW.
"Why wouldn't you be?"

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Some death storm haiku
The fridge and freezer are stocked
TV options goof

Car's in the garage
I'm staying in a condo.
Someone else clears snow.

Owner calls tonight:
"There's snowshoes in the garage"
And fairways to walk

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Just finished my snowblowing. Had to do it before it turns to rain, and good thing I did. This snowfall was much more than the last big one, at least where I am.

Reaction Score
Give them HS this and they'll pay you to do your driveway.

View attachment 64164
High schoolers are here, one with a snowblower! My house has a 6 car driveway with no garage (which means no snow blower). I live on a corner block with extra sidewalk and a long way to the front door. Back deck is elevated and it needs shoveling (back door access).

I say all this to say the last major snow storm I started shoveling my front walk, and was tiring after 30 minutes without making a dent. The high schoolers with shovels on their shoulder had halos glowing when they were walking up the street. Music played while they walked towards me. Anyway after instructions one kid picked up where I left off and finished in less than 10 minutes, which would have taken me an hour. Like watching a machine. They finished in less than an hour, but for me it would have taken 2 days (with rest). They are here bright and early today, not needing a flame thrower at their age.

Reminds me of my youth traveling the neighborhood with shovel over shoulder learning the skill of hustling, sales and negotiations early. Anyway they still got their halos but I'm the only one that can see it. Good thing also their recyclable, new batch every year or two.

Sending them to my elderly neighbor next door when done.

One caveat though is that the snow plow will return sometime after they leave, leaving me with a blocked driveway which I will have to do.

(Funny I lived in North Dakota for many years ago, and now this old fart is allergic to snow. Probably because I have known people who died right after shoveling.)

Reaction Score
High schoolers are here, one with a snowblower! My house has a 6 car driveway with no garage (which means no snow blower). I live on a corner block with extra sidewalk and a long way to the front door. Back deck is elevated and it needs shoveling (back door access).

I say all this to say the last major snow storm I started shoveling my front walk, and was tiring after 30 minutes without making a dent. The high schoolers with shovels on their shoulder had halos glowing when they were walking up the street. Music played while they walked towards me. Anyway after instructions one kid picked up where I left off and finished in less than 10 minutes, which would have taken me an hour. Like watching a machine. They finished in less than an hour, but for me it would have taken 2 days (with rest). They are here bright and early today, not needing a flame thrower at their age.

Reminds me of my youth traveling the neighborhood with shovel over shoulder learning the skill of hustling, sales and negotiations early. Anyway they still got their halos but I'm the only one that can see it. Good thing also their recyclable, new batch every year or two.

Sending them to my elderly neighbor next door when done.

One caveat though is that the snow plow will return sometime after they leave, leaving me with a blocked driveway which I will have to do.

(Funny I lived in North Dakota for many years ago, and now this old fart is allergic to snow. Probably because I have known people who died right after shoveling.)
Next time, when you are ready to pay the kid, get his cell number and call him after your driveway gets plowed back in, and I am sure he would be glad to make more money by shoveling it.

As another option, if you call a landscaper (even if you don't use one for grass cutting), they usually do snow removal. That way, you have a reliable person. He likely will come back after the plow, and then remove that excess snow, for a fee, or course.

That is what I do. I am no youngster, and why risk an injury or worse, from snow removal. Nothing is for free and self-preservation of our health and well-being shows self-respect.

FWIW.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Glad I cleared the fluffy six inches. It seems we have another 10" or so after it, plus rain saturating it. Cleared a space on my deck and the snow is unbelievably heavy. Weather says my town topped the list in the Boston area at 17", but it looks like about 12" with the way the rain compressed it. Clearing this heavy wet stuff is going to take a long time with the snowblower.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I got maybe 6-8 inches in Manchester. Possibly more, hard to tell with the drifts

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Did my first round about 5:00 last night. Walked the dog at 9:00 and it looked like I didn't do anything with the drifting. Just got done with round two. It was heavier, but not too bad. In fact it was better because there was much less wind. At least now there is. I woke up to the news that my Weber tipped over. Luckily, the only damage appears to be the face plate on one of the knobs.

My oldest son has a half day of distance learning and my youngest was kept home. They will probably go sledding this afternoon.

Reaction Score
Down in Norwalk. We’re getting pounded — it’s awesome. Just went skiing right outside my condo — powder conditions.
That's awesome. I'm in Norwalk too (northwestern, just below the Merritt) and we must have gotten at least 14 inches.

The winds created some pretty cool drifts. Outside my front door, we have a stone walkway that leads towards the road. The winds were so steady where there was an entire section bare of right near our front yard (pic attached).

Did the top of my descending driveway three times to clear the snow and the plow debris. We live on a corner lot flanking two busy residential roads, so the plows really smash us with their runoff. Even after three clears, we still had a 2-3 inches of wet snow and then more runoff this morning. It'll be a multi-day job for me, but it's fun work and a nice counter to two straight days of "snow day e-learning".

Attachments

• IMG_7523.jpg
    IMG_7523.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 101

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
That's awesome. I'm in Norwalk too (northwestern, just below the Merritt) and we must have gotten at least 14 inches.

The winds created some pretty cool drifts. Outside my front door, we have a stone walkway that leads towards the road. The winds were so steady where there was an entire section bare of right near our front yard (pic attached).

Did the top of my descending driveway three times to clear the snow and the plow debris. We live on a corner lot flanking two busy residential roads, so the plows really smash us with their runoff. Even after three clears, we still had a 2-3 inches of wet snow and then more runoff this morning. It'll be a multi-day job for me, but it's fun work and a nice counter to two straight days of "snow day e-learning".
'but it's fun work and a nice counter to two straight days of "snow day e-learning".
true dat, and a great attitude.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And everybody is up and running again on Tuesday...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom