No Death Storm Post? | The Boneyard

No Death Storm Post?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Watched the NECN forecast and read the boston weather subreddit this morning. My prep work is done. Now......we wait.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
National Weather Service Text Product Display
'Total runway accumulation by daybreak Tue around 20 inches for
KJFK/KLGA/KEWR/KTEB/KHPN/KSWF, 14-16 inches for KISP/KBDR, 8-12
inches for KGON.'
snowing now at jfk.
eastern'ish CT, and mebbe all the coast might see some rain/sleet/ice/hellfire/brimstone/ and flying cheetos mixed in at times. heck, there's a solid chance of alternating snow bands and rain bands later in the storm. lovely.
40s by weeks end. welcome to spring.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Guess I should head to the liquor store for “bread and milk”. I got gas yesterday. Just filled the bird feeders.

Hope you got some bird shot too just in case you need to hunt and gather for your food by Friday.

Reaction Score
I'm sure the local TV stations will interupt all their programing to tell us it's snowing. They will send all their reporters to parking lots around the state armed with rulers. I will save electricity and look out the window.

C

Chief00

I'm supposed to close on my current home tomorrow, close on my new home on Tuesday, and move on Wednesday -- and I AM PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW.
Good luck on everything Nomar.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The wrinkle in this morning's forecast was unpleasant. It seems we will get about 8-12" but it will switch to freezing rain and then rain, starting at 5:00 PM. Then hard freeze overnight, with a little more snow coming. Just blocked the 4-5:00 slot on my work calendar as it seems that will be the only window to avoid having a solid block of ice on the driveway. @huskypantz are you in the switch to rain zone?

Reaction Score
Hope you got some bird shot too just in case you need to hunt and gather for your food by Friday.
What a set up! The birds get attracted to the birdfeeders and then get shoot as food for somebody.

Wonder if those not getting hit, instinctively warn the others with their bird calls?

Larger animals give out calls when the lions are near, I think.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The wrinkle in this morning's forecast was unpleasant. It seems we will get about 8-12" but it will switch to freezing rain and then rain, starting at 5:00 PM. Then hard freeze overnight, with a little more snow coming. Just blocked the 4-5:00 slot on my work calendar as it seems that will be the only window to avoid having a solid block of ice on the driveway. @huskypantz are you in the switch to rain zone?
According to the apple weather app, we switch to rain at midnight but 5pm is showing rain (and back to snow at 6pm). So I am thinking the same as you - need to get as much cleared off the driveway as close to switchover as possible. My snowblower is back to being beastly again but I'd much rather throw powder than slush.

Reaction Score
Yeah, seeing that I basically shoveled between classes, meetings and after-school tutoring. Just got in and will finish up after cooking dinner, then back at it and hopefully in by the start of the Rangers game. Overall, a nice blend of sitting/teaching online and some physical labor outside.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah, seeing that I basically shoveled between classes, meetings and after-school tutoring. Just got in and will finish up after cooking dinner, then back at it and hopefully in by the start of the Rangers game. Overall, a nice blend of sitting/teaching online and some physical labor outside.

I am logging off from work and heading out now. Trying to time the rain. Still snow right now.

Reaction Score
I think us CT folks kinda slept on this one considering the last one was kinda duddish.... This one's the real deal.

Stay safe everyone!

Reaction Score
I feel so bad for students at my school, you could make the case that both of these days were worthy of snow days.... Instead they get 2 remote learning days, brutal.

Definitely taking it easy on my students tomorrow, what a raw deal.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What a set up! The birds get attracted to the birdfeeders and then get shoot as food for somebody.

Wonder if those not getting hit, instinctively warn the others with their bird calls?

Larger animals give out calls when the lions are near, I think.

Little Johnny already answered your above question.

A teacher asked Little Johnny what 5 minus 2 was. He didn't know.
The teacher then said, "Suppose you have 5 birds on a wire and you shoot 2; how many are left?"
Little Johnny responded, "None."
The teacher said the answer was incorrect.

He said that if he shot 2 the other three would fly away.
The teacher said, "That still is the incorrect answer, but I like the way you think."

So then, he asked her, "Suppose you have 3 women in an ice cream parlor. One licks her ice cream; one sucks her ice cream; one bites her ice cream. Which one is married?"
The teacher paused. Then said, "The one who bites her ice cream is married."
"No, the one with the wedding ring is married, but I like the way you think!"

Reaction Score
Actually hired a plow guy for this one. I have a snowblower but have a project at work due Wed morning and trying to stay on top of this and deal with the project is tough. Usually we’d be closed bc office wouldn’t be able to be open but not with telework. This is a negative aspect of the “new normal” I don’t like. Would be able to stay on top of it with out having to deal with work.

Not to be the bearer of bad news now they’re talking another one Sunday/Monday!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom