No complaints- Creighton game | The Boneyard

No complaints- Creighton game

Reaction Score
Any team in the country is going to struggle without one of the best players in the nation and their two top recruits from the past 2 years. Hurley learned his lesson on Sanogo and I think he now realizes he needs to get something like 30 minutes per game going forward or as many minutes as his fouling dictates. Most of our players need to be setup to feel comfortable and get theirs, without our superstar it's hard and people have to do some things they really aren't too comfortable with, Jackson would've been a big help with this too by this point.

I think Creighton is overrated but they're still #11 in the country and it was on the road, looked like we were going to get run out of the building and we made it extremely competitive (one possession game for a long time) until Creighton pulled away late. It's likely everything won't come together in time to save this season because of the injuries. It's sad because Bouknight is so special and we could've been really damn good but it's definitely coming, just most likely have to wait a little longer. Not giving up on the season but it seems to be the likely reality of the situation, future is seriously bright though.

Reaction Score
I agree. The problems I saw today were those that only recruiting can fix (mostly). I was fine with the loss.
Sanogo is going to be special, he already gets pretty much whatever he wants and that's without much playing time in this mess of a season. Once he totally figures out the speed of play at this level and his footwork down to a science he'll dominate everyone.

Reaction Score
When your opponent shoots over 50%, you tend to lose. Creighton shot 50%, St John's shot 49%.

That is something that can and needs to be fixed. It has nothing to do with recruiting our guys are good enough to play better defense. Or they will keep losing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sanogo is going to be special, he already gets pretty much whatever he wants and that's without much playing time in this mess of a season. Once he totally figures out the speed of play at this level and his footwork down to a science he'll dominate everyone.
He easily has another 6-8 points today if he wasn't rushing and overthinking everything. He's gonna be really special if he's still here his junior or senior year

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Sonogo will be fine. I just shook my head when Carlton stole the ball, dribbled down court and just threw the ball up. It was not tipped. Just threw it up. Races under the hoop and should of just banked it in.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
25 points in 37 minutes the past two games and he left a ton of points on the board. I think he'll be all league next season.
Watson is gonna be surprised to face someone as physical as him.

Reaction Score
25 points in 37 minutes the past two games and he left a ton of points on the board. I think he'll be all league next season.
If he can figure out how to play D without fouling he’s very, very dangerous. The only things limiting him right now are his foul trouble and Hurley.

Reaction Score
He has tremendous potential on offense and -- unlike a lot of our big recruits over the last 10 years -- isn't spending his first year throwing the ball over the backboard or onto the underside of the rim. He has very advanced footwork and touch for a young big.

He also committed 5 turnovers and 5 fouls, which shows what happens when you force your offense through him and that he isn't ready to be the focal point.

But he is going to be very, very good next year.

A starting lineup of Cole, Gaffney, Martin, Akok, and Sanogo, backed up by Diggins, Hawkins, Adams, Jackson, and Johnson, is going to be a very good team.

Reaction Score
He has tremendous potential on offense and -- unlike a lot of our big recruits over the last 10 years -- isn't spending his first year throwing the ball over the backboard or onto the underside of the rim. He has very advanced footwork and touch for a young big.

He also committed 5 turnovers and 5 fouls, which shows what happens when you force your offense through him and that he isn't ready to be the focal point.

A starting lineup of Cole, Gaffney, Martin, Akok, and Sanogo, backed up by Diggins, Hawkins, Adams, Jackson, and Johnson, is going to be a very good team.

If AJacks isn't ready to start next year and Hawk being able to replace at the shooting guard position, then we will have some issues. Shooting and foot speed matters.

Reaction Score

I don't see any way our starting backcourt is Cole and Gaffney next season.

Reaction Score
I don't see any way our starting backcourt is Cole and Gaffney next season.
Probably not, though I expect Hurley to defer to the upperclassmen at least to start the year.

The point is, we're going to have a very deep roster with Sanogo anchoring the middle and 2-deep at each of the other 4 positions (except maybe the 4).

Reaction Score
Team has limited scorers, Cole, Martin, Polley have flashes at times, but they are not consistent. We have a hard time matching up against teams that have bigs who can shoot. We get spread out with no help defense inside. All in all, Hurley’s teams play hard, mostly stay in the game and as a fan I can only ask that they play tough. Hurts that Bouk, Jackson and Akok are out. Hurley has recruited well and more depth is on its way.

Reaction Score
We’re proud of our team we are. We are. We’re proud of our team we are! Whether we win or whether we lose, we’re proud of our team we are, we are!

Let’s all join in, right superjohn? Yeesh!

Can we play some offense besides dribble, pass around the perimeter, dribble some more then when there is 8 seconds left either drive into the teeth of the d or hoist an ill advised 3? It is almost like the whole offense is waste most of the clock outside, throw up a bad shot and hope to get the rebound and score on that.

Reaction Score
Probably not, though I expect Hurley to defer to the upperclassmen at least to start the year.

The point is, we're going to have a very deep roster with Sanogo anchoring the middle and 2-deep at each of the other 4 positions (except maybe the 4).
We always go in thinking we are deep then injuries/poor play, etc. Happen. If we really wanna be deep, we need 5+ guards on the roster.

Reaction Score
We always go in thinking we are deep then injuries/poor play, etc. Happen. If we really wanna be deep, we need 5+ guards on the roster.
Cole, Gaffney, Diggins, Hawkins, Adams

Then wings Jackson and Martin

Akok at the 4

Sanogo at the 5, backed up by Johnson.

Maybe spot minutes up front for Springs.

Reaction Score
Cole, Gaffney, Diggins, Hawkins, Adams

Then wings Jackson and Martin

Akok at the 4

Sanogo at the 5, backed up by Johnson.

Maybe spot minutes up front for Springs.
From what others have said I doubt Hawkins would be played as a guard, or a 2. I forget who, may be Ucann, said that his handle is very questionable right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom