No bowl game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No bowl game?

Reaction Score
Correct. With the amount of bowls now its very unlikely there would be enough 6 win teams for UConn to be left out.
A couple of years ago ESPN created a one time bowl game because they had extra teams so I’m more concerned with making sure we get eligible than I am with getting invited if we are eligible.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I too was at Dave Righetti's no hitter July 4th, 1983. And @Waquoit, if you remember it was Yankee Cap Day as well on a very hot afternoon game.. Rough for a Red Sox fan like myself and 2 buddies. The other two with us were Yankee fans. But after the pain wore off, I realized how fortunate I was to witness a no-hitter.
Because the sun was frying the back of my neck. I used the cap to block it. So technically I wore a Yankee cap. I paid the price.

Reaction Score
Whether 6-6 or 10-2 I don't think the quality of the bowl game will go up much. It's not like a good record will get us a conferences 2nd or 3rd best bowl. All the bowls have tie ins with conferences. They only give up the lowest bowl they have if enough teams from their conference don't qualify. The benefit of being 10-2 is if multiple conferences have open slots then it's more likely a better bowl of what's available will pick us up. So basically it's the better of the worst bowl of each conference with an open slot.

Reaction Score
No team has made a bowl game with 3 wins. We gotta add on a few before we worry about this.
Not an optimist or pessimist but a realist, let the optimists have their day. ;)
Don't know but our last bowl game in South Carolina was a little over 12,000.
Yes, I was there and we were out numbered 10 to 1 or more as we were up against a local team. The problem in today's world is the school has to suck up a certain amount of tickets. Thus not being in a conference UConn loses money going to a bowl.

Reaction Score
Not an optimist or pessimist but a realist, let the optimists have their day. ;)

Yes, I was there and we were out numbered 10 to 1 or more as we were up against a local team. The problem in today's world is the school has to suck up a certain amount of tickets. Thus not being in a conference UConn loses money going to a bowl.
I don’t think that is true anymore. That requirement changed a while ago.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

Hmmm...I was there and it seemed like 2 to 1 (Marshall vs UConn fans.) Maybe it was 10 to 1 but that's not my recollection.

Reaction Score
Watching UConn-Army at Yankee Stadium is one of my all-time worst football experiences.

It was one of the worst hangovers of my life and the train ride was an absolute nightmare but luckily we also got absolutely kicked in the nuts at the end of that game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom