No Boatright Tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Boatright Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If I would to venture a guess it would be "handler" related. This will probably be analogous to the Perry Jones III suspension @ Baylor. Just speculation though.

Reaction Score
@HuskyfanDan - Again, it's not related to academics. It's probably some sort of amateurism issue.

Reaction Score
i understand that, i'm not stupid. but think about it. the staff a while back knew there was a issue, so now there a whole different issue all of a suden? prov got the answers on there players weeks ago, smae with sju and other schools. all of a suden we can't get a answer but everyone else does? if you followed his recruitment at all you know that we are his 3rd school and out of nowhere wvu decided to add a 2nd pg(hinds saga) forcing him out the door. if you did searches at the time at all, many fan boards were buzzing about him and some baggage he brought with him. maybe the best was the Illinois bball boards who knew all about him and why they never sniffed him. enough tho. i like him and can't wait to watch him play in a husky uni.
if your uconn right now, whats the last thing in the whole entire world that you may not want to talk about if a player has issues with the ncaa? i'll take a guess at it. I bet he has some classes that don't add up from hs to a ged or something like that. not that he has bad grades, but he has requirment issues still after summer school.
Isn't that "related to academics"?

I'm not going to speculate since we've seen so many stupid reasons why players have been held out of games very early in the season like this. As someone mentioned the thing where Dyson didn't put in some paperwork. They sat Caron Butler for some ridiculous NCAA rule that didn't even end up pertaining to him. Villanueva had to sit for some stupid reason. Hopefully it's nothing big and he's eligible very shortly.

Reaction Score
bet he has some classes that don't add up from hs to a ged or something like that. not that he has bad grades, but he has requirment issues still after summer school. just a guess from me. whats yours instead of just being mad about the situation?

This ^, and the link you posted make me question whether you understand what academics are. And the baggage was supposedly that he had an attitude.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
not trying to get into a heated argument. we can all agree we want him playing. lastly the baggage he brought was not his attitude, everyone knew about that. the baggage was a rummor that the guy controlling his recruitment was a interesting guy to put it nicely.

Reaction Score
is there a reason why the NCAA waited till the last possible second to figure out if he was eligible or not?

Reaction Score
not trying to get into a heated argument. we can all agree we want him playing. lastly the baggage he brought was not his attitude, everyone knew about that. the baggage was a rummor that the guy controlling his recruitment was a interesting guy to put it nicely.

Yea, we can all agree on the basics at least. Who was controlling his recruitment, Reggie Rose? Thats who I thought and if so, I can't see D Rose's brother being involved in shady stuff because I imagine he is set monetarily wise.

Reaction Score
is there a reason why the NCAA waited till the last possible second to figure out if he was eligible or not?

Very often, the review is ongoing and the school just doesn't state it publicly. Then it comes down to game #1 and the process hasn't been completed yet and they are forced to make a general statement on why the kid isn't going to play. Very often, it's not a case of the school getting a call from the NCAA the day of the first game and saying "hold him out"...

Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe has some Kyle Muncy quotes on twitter..."We hope the review will be completed in a timely manner. We anticipate Ryan will suit up for us. We just don't know when."

Reaction Score
1. We were not that involved with Ryan- he came here after UWV took JH- it's not like we were after him for years or something.
2. For the first time ever I am happy we have a quality walk on PG in the mix.
3. The NCAA is getting close to being worthless. They seem to pick and chose with no clear method what they are going to look at and what they are going to ignore. "HEY NCAA SPEND 5 MINUTES LOOKING AT THE SQUID AND UK AND YOU CAN STAY BUSY FOR YEARS."

This is just plain wrong.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
what the heck could the NCAA be reviewing if it has nothing to do with academics? seems odd to me, but i guess nothing should surprise us at this point...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
i understand that, i'm not stupid.
Between this thread and the one you started about the problems with the frontcourt and who will start, somehow, you are not very convincing.

Reaction Score
if hes still not playing by the arkansas game then be worried.. until then enjoy the cake schedule and get to know our lovely walkon nose breaker!

Reaction Score
Good reason never to laugh at other team's sufferings.

NCAA at it again the day off the game. Can this please get resolved quickly?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Between this thread and the one you started about the problems with the frontcourt and who will start, somehow, you are not very convincing.

really buddy? you still don't understand that thread? at the time we were looking at our 5 big guys, with 3 of them being hurt(ad-face/wolf-groin/brad-ankle?) and not playing. now its said ad has been cleared for the record. these exb games and early games are for our team to develope chemistry and develope player rotations. see who works well with each other and what lineups are best for what situations. when your missing 3 of your 5 big guys that hurts the early building. whats not to get about that?
edit- maybe the title of that thread was misleading but several ppl got what i was talking about and agreed that it was a worthy topic of discussion as we saw. sorry i can't edit a thread title for you.

now 2night were def going to be without our backup pg and atleast 2 of the big guys(not sure about ad playing...), yea were still a great team but this is just going to delay the overall building of this team.

Reaction Score
This game should be less challenging then practice against the B team. I would not worry that we have a few players getting limited minutes at this point. Our D is going to be wayyyyyy to much for them and while RB could use the time on the court and Wolf could use the time against a cup cake or two- it is nothing to get our panties in a wad over.

Heck I heard Quse looked like total crap in their game this week. Issues all over the place. I did hear Melo improved a good bit from last year so that should make him an average 7 footer if last year was any indication.

Reaction Score
For the love of Pete, can't we just have a "normal" pre/off season just once? Maybe this is the new normal for us. I hope it is nothing but either way are we now going to get to see this scroll across the screen on ESPN all day?
I second that one. We can't seem to go for very long w/out some sort of bad news.

Although it's not a bid deal for a player to miss a preseason game, but the longer this goes where the notations that JC would like to get worked out can't be worked out because players are not available the longer it's going to take to get this team playing at a high level.

I have tix for today's game and was especially hoping to see the newbies. Now it's not Boatshow and who knows if AD will play much if at all. Ugh!

Big picture wise, I hope they have the full compliment of players soon. I also hope they have enough tonight o man the point and not have to play Napier too much considering it's been reported that he's banged up a bit.

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
I just hope the NCAA doesn't take as long with this as they did with Charley V's situation.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
really buddy? you still don't understand that thread? at the time we were looking at our 5 big guys, with 3 of them being hurt(ad-face/wolf-groin/brad-ankle?) and not playing. now its said ad has been cleared for the record. these exb games and early games are for our team to develope chemistry and develope player rotations. see who works well with each other and what lineups are best for what situations. when your missing 3 of your 5 big guys that hurts the early building. whats not to get about that?
edit- maybe the title of that thread was misleading but several ppl got what i was talking about and agreed that it was a worthy topic of discussion as we saw. sorry i can't edit a thread title for you.

now 2night were def going to be without our backup pg and atleast 2 of the big guys(not sure about ad playing...), yea were still a great team but this is just going to delay the overall building of this team.
Yeah, really buddy.

With the weak OOC schedule, they have plenty of time to develop chemistry. And your worry about Wolf and Bradley is funny. They will barely see minutes.

I understood that thread. I though it was WAY overstated.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The haters are out in full force on the espn article

Reaction Score
I guess when it's finally revealed he will turn out to be JC's daddy

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Ugh. WTF? What is with the timing of this? Was it because UConn was working behind the scenes on the eligibility question, and finally had to announce it when not done in time for the game?

Why can they not just announce what they are reviewing?

Sick of this .

Reaction Score
love the footer there mr tommyboy goes well with foster the peoples pumped up kicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom