No Batouly -- anyone know details? | The Boneyard

No Batouly -- anyone know details?

Reaction Score
I was hoping Batouly would play tonight. But she did not.

Anybody know the status of her knee?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It was briefly mentioned she had knee issues but there was no elaboration.

Reaction Score
I feel so bad for her after sitting out her transfer year and then get hurt a couple weeks in and now to deal with the knee everyday must tear her up! She can really help this team if she were 100%! I can only hope she heals and gets back to her normal self ASAP!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I don't like that we were teased with he limited play... I prefer her to sit out the whole season (and redshirt) if she wasn't really unless its a new injury. I love her movement on the court when she did get into the game

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The fact that Batouly got a few minutes several games back and hasn’t been on the court since in a couple of blowouts indicates she probably had a setback of some kind.

Reaction Score
I thought I heard Geno say she’s having doubts. Don’t remember the exact quote but something like she’s playing tentatively because she’s afraid to get hurt again.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
In warm-ups the other night at Mohegan Sun, she seemed quite hobbled.

Reaction Score
I thought I heard Geno say she’s having doubts. Don’t remember the exact quote but something like she’s playing tentatively because she’s afraid to get hurt again.
What kid of doubts require a knee brace??

Reaction Score
What kid of doubts require a knee brace??

That's not uncommon. For example, many players who have had ACL surgery wear a knee brace, even though many orthopedists say the brace won't really help prevent a second non-contact tear. It might prevent the rarer contact injury - but its biggest value is providing confidence to some players who are worried they will tear it again.

Reaction Score
That's not uncommon. For example, many players who have had ACL surgery wear a knee brace, even though many orthopedists say the brace won't really help prevent a second non-contact tear. It might prevent the rarer contact injury - but its biggest value is providing confidence to some players who are worried they will tear it again.
Did Touly have an ACL injury?? Every thing I read say bone bruise. I don't understand the highlight "contact injury". Care to expand that?? M
My convoluted comment was meant to read: what KIND of bruise requires a brace??
My personal use of knee brace led to little confidence and tended to slow my every move significantly. However, I'm not a 20 year old kid trying to please Geno.

Reaction Score
Did Touly have an ACL injury?? Every thing I read say bone bruise. I don't understand the highlight "contact injury". Care to expand that?? M
My personal use of knee brace led to little confidence and tended to slow my every move significantly. However, I'm not a 20 year old kid trying to please Geno.

Can’t tell u about batouly but I was in a walking shoe for a bone bruise on my foot

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
They had knee braces back then?

:D

Reaction Score
Well yeah, stuff you don’t usually do for a bruise. People recover from bruises pretty quickly. My point was that it wasn’t just a bruise.
100% agree. Of course I'm not a Dr or even a nurse ha

Reaction Score
Maybe we are getting close to shutting her down for this year and go after the
6th yr medical red shirt exemption. She has only played in two games so far. Maybe
this is what the coaching staff is considering. It's too bad that she had to be limited
this year after sitting out all of last year. I wish her the best.

Reaction Score
Maybe we are getting close to shutting her down for this year and go after the
6th yr medical red shirt exemption. She has only played in two games so far. Maybe
this is what the coaching staff is considering. It's too bad that she had to be limited
this year after sitting out all of last year. I wish her the best.
She can't get a red shirt. You have 5 years to use up your 4 years of eligibility, and she lost one of the years sitting out due to transfer. Plus UConn would have to prove that her injury is season ending which it likely is not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom