No AAC fans will be allowed at tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No AAC fans will be allowed at tournament

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Damn good point. Dan is the loudest and best fan in the building every game. Could be pretty interesting to be able to hear what he's actually yelling at everyone!
Easier for him to get T'd up

Reaction Score

This is a big hit financially for that league but the right decision.

All the conferences are going to keep fans out. ACC, Big 10, Big 12, and AAC have already said starting tomorrow no fans. Big East and Pac 12 will follow suit.

Reaction Score
All the conferences are going to keep fans out. ACC, Big 10, Big 12, and AAC have already said starting tomorrow no fans. Big East and Pac 12 will follow suit.
Apparently Jim Dolan was the only of the NBA owners that wanted to keep fans in. Might explain why the Big East is taking awhile to close it out to fans.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
If there’s no fans then there’s no one to police and criticize horrible officiating. More technicals called on coaching staffs trying to compensate for the lack of fans criticizing bad calls . Bad situation

i was actually thinking early this is going to be a get out of jail free card for the refs in March. Not only no fans to hold them accountable, but I got to assume coaches will be told to tone it down due to TV audio and the TV announcers likely won’t be saying anything overly critical cause the refs will be able to hear them as well.

but on the other hand it’s going to be kind of cool to hear the coaches calling the action and the players communicating on the floor.

would obviously prefer to see the games played with great crowds on hand, but this will be a unique and (hopefully) once in a life time experience.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
i was actually thinking early this is going to be a get out of jail free card for the refs in March. Not only no fans to hold them accountable, but I got to assume coaches will be told to tone it down due to TV audio and the TV announcers likely won’t be saying anything overly critical cause the refs will be able to hear them as well.

but on the other hand it’s going to be kind of cool to hear the coaches calling the action and the players communicating on the floor.

would obviously prefer to see the games played with great crowds on hand, but this will be a unique and (hopefully) once in a life time experience.
If there’s even a tournament this year. Smh

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Will they pipe in crowd noise every time something big happens, with the volume adjusted according to each team's home distance from the venue? :confused:
Funny you say that. When I was a kid, one of the network broadcasts of NCAA FB game of the week tried a game without announcers, but you could hear the crowd. It was really weird and the experiment lasted one game.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Today was the last day of college basketball. There will be no more college basketball this year.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Funny you say that. When I was a kid, one of the network broadcasts of NCAA FB game of the week tried a game without announcers, but you could hear the crowd. It was really weird and the experiment lasted one game.

“The announcerless game was an American football contest played on December 20, 1980, between the New York Jets and the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League. As an experiment, the NBC television network broadcast it without assigning any commentators to cover it.”

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
“The announcerless game was an American football contest played on December 20, 1980, between the New York Jets and the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League. As an experiment, the NBC television network broadcast it without assigning any commentators to cover it.”
There was a college FB game way before that. I was grown with 3 kids by 1980 and wouldn’t be caught dead watching a Jets game. So there might have been two experiments. Anyway, I think it’s too strange for TV but I know some people regularly watch TV sports with no sound, especially if they can’t stand the broadcasters. Once in a while I’ll watch a game without sound just to appease my wife, but you don’t even get crowd noise thst way.

Reaction Score
Wow. The thing that I cannot believe is that people took off work, already bought tickets and traveled to these locations just to be told the night before they cannot attend. Will they be fully refunded?
Without reading the rest of this thread before posting, I believe we'll be banned from playing in the tournament and recieve a NCAA post season ban for three years.

Elsehow, all travelling BY and Husky fans must unite in Fort Worth to cheer as if they were at the game and show that city what's up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom